• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Click "RG3" at the very bottom-left of this page to change it. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • The 5th Annual "EverQuest Software Awards" is here! Celebrate your favorite projects and win door prizes 🎁

Question - Druid v Wiz (1 Viewer)

RedCents
233¢
Hi all,

Getting ready to set up a new crew and this time around I wanted to have mostly ranged classes the sort of camouflage a bit better that I'm running all 6 toons.

Going to be War/Nec/Ench/Clr/Mag/?

Cant decide if I want either a wiz or a druid.

I'm currently progressed through all of ToV with my current team but going forward think I'm going to try a ranged team for a while.

Is a wiz that much more dps than a druid?
Do you think the support from the druid is worth more than a wiz?
Can a druid in a group setting possibly out dps a wiz?

I'll be focusing on ToV + content

I've tried asking in game and haven't really got anything helpful unfortunately.

Thanks guys for any input.

RedCents
1,228¢
DRU will give you secondary heals and decent dmg, but it's more of a hybrid class vs a pure DPS class. I know you are thinking of all ranged classes, but I have to tell you, throwing in a BST over the other two is a super solid group! I have similar group - SHD,CLR,ENC,BST.MAG,NEC. LOVE IT!

RedCents
3,761¢
I actually run both in my main group and the WIZ does quite a bit more damage in normal content. DRU is also a mana hog compared to the WIZ. I will admit that i uae the DRU as backup heal/cure on missions and named aince my only other healer is a SHM. His dps may be better if i focused on damage more, which i would with your team having a cleric. So it really depends on how you plan to play. For everyday content, I would go with a WIZ or even a BST as suggested.

Users who are viewing this thread