• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

DPS: Rogue VS Ranger (1 Viewer)

Infernal

RedCents
100¢
I was curious to know, because i have been into a few arguments about with with friends. Who do you say is the bigger DPS?
(I'm guessing it will come down to burst vs rapid fire...)

Well depending on gear rogues will beat rangers like 95% of the time. Plus high end rangers get no where near what rogues do. But most of rogues dps is positional. In ideal situations though a rogue will always beat a ranger of close to equal gear.

Only time a ranger may beat a rogue in dps is if they are both bazaar geared. EP bows are easy to attain and give a solid dps to ranger, if he has the requisite AA. After that, from EP to Time to Qvic to Tacvi to Anguish, a similar geared rogue will beat the shit out of a ranger in terms of DPS. Even though Trueshot puts out solid dps, bows have not scaled up much beyond the EP bows, where rogues weapons have made sick jumps.

Only situation that a ranger would outdps a rogue is in a fight where the AE dictates a ranged fight. Even than most often people use group healers, Cel Regen/Rejuv, and Spirit of Wood to combat it, so rogue will stay in melee range most of the time there too.

Yea a ranger can easilly hit for 1k to 2k non discing but bows are extremely slow compaired to how fast rogues hit. 6k for a rogue might be pushing it a bit non disc. But it is not uncommon for an uber rogue to be hitting for 3k and up on backstabs. Which owns ranger dps. Also rangers dps is far worse with bow then it is in melee. A time ish equipped ranger can probably hit 250 to 300 ish dps with melee and maybe tops 200 with a bow.

It really depends on what gear they have as there are many pieces of gear for the rogues that increase their backstab both damage and skill. while there are also multiple pieces of gear, but not as many, that increase the crit hit chance for the rangers. plus rogues have the nice little ability to just drop aggro after they bs so they don't steal it from the tank.

DPS: Rogue VS Ranger

Users who are viewing this thread

Back