• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Double Experiance Fast Aa (1 Viewer)

soultaker

RedCents
60¢
If you hvae DoD expansion for EQ1, go to Undercrest (sp/name?) Its the 2nd zone in DoD. There do Monster missions, for me the Werewolf mission has been fun but I am told it is working on all of them, You get double the experiance. So a fast mission that should give most of an aa you are getting 2 1/2 aa per mission with a lockout of only 15 mins or less. And while you wait there is plenty of mobs in area to kill. I am possitve this will get nerfed but since last night alone I have gotten over 50aa.

Get it while you can. This is a leget exploit (talk about an oxymoron). Gms are not giving warnings for this and the zone has not been shut down. Get it while you can.

How did you get 50 aa in one night if the lockout is 15 mins and lesson only lasts 30 mins? Even if the timer stops while you are in shroud form (which I don't think it does...) This would allow you a maximum of like 10-12 aa... Nothing to shake a stick at, but not the 50 you claim. :)

-CodeCaster

Even the orc mission in nektulos gives 1.5 aa per 15-20 minute run... It's been this way since release. Pretty comparable exp to PoFire or a fast creator run... I doubt it's a bug, but it is badass exp. :)

-CodeCaster

This is for groups can be done with 4 swiftly the Shadowmane mission, Remeber these are monster missions so classes in the group mean nothing.

I am doing the WW missions in DoD at thsi tiem it is still giving 2.5 aa per mission and the timmers a fluxing sometims the timmer is full 15 most time once out its only 9 mins, I have even had one or two 4 min timers on exit, then you start it again and in those few mins you can pull plenty of Dark Blue mobs for lvl 70s there in Werewolf area till next mission. Trust me this is big, Undershore is packed atm on my server, the CoA raiding guiulds are in there, and from I am told its 2.5 aa for every monster mission in that zone, last count there was 150pp in zone doing missions or waiting to do next.

Dont belive me, dont hurt my feelings any. Think I am lying dont hurt my feelings any. I have gotten almost 100aa since lastnight. All this on my main cleric so hes loving it, I have almost all of the DoD new AAs done now.

Go give it a try youll be happy once you get that aa. Only real trick is not ding right at end of the mission or you wont get aa and youll get lockout of 25 mins, if you go LD in there and it ends youll get Lockout of 58 days. No lie seen it happen to 4 people today at different times, thats the bad side of this bug atm.

There are quite a few mission givers and mission names in Undershore. Would you be willing to give the names of the Missions/Givers? Maybe even a loc? We have a group together right now in game who would like to try the missions. If we find a monster mission NPC, I'll post the loc here and what mission we were offered.

Thanks Soul.

Update.

I found the monster mission giver for the Werewolf mission. The name is Scout Bristlethorp. He is a clockwork located behind a rock near a bunch of werewolves in the northwest corner of the map. He is located at 1152, 829, 142. The zone in for the mission is just around the corner at 1237, 772, 138

I hope this helps

so you need a group of 4 lvl 65-70 or how does that work? I just bought the expansion and Am patching now, trying to build up a group to do some of these runs. thanks.

also, what type of missions are these kill? survive?

please give an update and let us know if the exp is still uber for these monster missions

just did werewolf yes it is .. but i am not sure its a bug .. that mission is not easy ..

timer is bug fo sho ... but for how hard that mission was.. real PITA .. 2AA is what its worth .. lol

Werewolf mission: Follow the pack .. they go to the 3 elders u need to kill first..

last elder loot box near him.. has the bomb for the door to last named

named.. has adds.. the key is to space out your deaths.. and if there are adds at ZI .. then have someone train them into one of the elder rooms

big guy sies and bam .. 2+ AA's

about to run one now, question is it like an hour and a half lockin then only 15min lockout? with a 2.5aa ish exp reward?

the shadowmane invasion mission from scout bristlethorn is bugged...it gives exp twice...when you finish you'll see exp message 2x, but his other missions you only get it once

i dont have DON but i was wondering is this a High Lvl exp gain? or is it kinda instanced for your lvl when you don on the spirit shroud? i dont have DOD yet but if this woudl work on my druid or mage in their high 50s, i would definatley buy it before it gets nerfed,

eddited because i cant spell....

Good question...I haven't heard from anyone doing it at anything lower than 65, so I don't know if there's a certain level you have to be to get the mission. But I do know that once you're in, your level/class outside of the instance means nothing. You get to pick your monster and that determines your level/abilities.

the Werewolf missions Shadowmane, very easy. goes fast unles you get a train sitting in a room. Have all 6 people be rouges. Remeber once inside not only do you get the aa abilities but reg class abilites such as Sneak and hide. as the event is starting just have all 6 people hide then sneak to each of the Elders and all 6 go off on them and kill. once the 3rd is dead sneak down to door set explosives kill the 2 or 3 in the hall there then go down and take out the boss. Everyone go off on the boss, when you start getting low on HP kite him around the room while rest follow and Snare him with Hamstring AA and when new person gets agro do same.

If you die on boss jsut sneak and hide back to his room and join back in. ONLY THING to remeber NEVER die while his HP is at 20% or less if someone does just kite him and do no damage till your friend is back in. If he dies whiel someone is loading they will get no AA and will have a max timer.

This one also is much easier with only 4 people, with jsut 4 just follow the Commander about and help him. Seems the mopre the people there are the more the mobs there are. As of 4am EST this morning this was still working not sure if it still is or not, but I have no hear of any patches today so I would think it is.

If you do get one of those INsane trains I find have 2 or 3 people sacrifice by pullign them to another spot helps alot. 2 Best spots top park and leave a train:

1. In the pit at the ent pull them all the down into the pit corner close to ent. ( just remebr to never jump down and sneak/hide past.)

2. IN the back of the zone down hall from the Boss Door there is another room that leads up to a room woth some elites and cammandos, run the train up there and park it.

Best thing to do so train will stay is while the train is being pulled have the rest take the elder, most times the elder will turn away from the train and go back to his room.

Only oyher thing to watch for is the Pain n Suffering Bat traps. Very easy to avoid just dive ina room or walk back out of the tunnel when you see the Alert Text "You hear a load noise" There are 4 traps, I think they can be disarmed however, but most the time the shadowmane army takes the brunt of it.

OK i died right before boss did

they all got 2AA i got SHIT

BUT i went to gnome dude .. said werewolfs .. then followed the text boxes.. and i got the same mission again.. still no AA.. but not locked out

maybe try it see if that fixes u

I can confirm fixing the lockout. Made the person in my group who didn't get the AA's leader they then got the expodition after the lock out droped and they were able to get the instance again.

This mission is just so much fun, once you get it down its quick. Its also a ton of fun because it doesn't require normal group dynamics (healing, tanking, slowing, buffing...all that crap) you just go in and have a blast dealing out some massive damage and actually kiting as rogues lmao. I'm having a blast and knocking out a ton of AA.

tried the werewolf dialogue and still locked out, do i need to give him the skull back? I followed the dialogue and gave him the skull and it gave me the 54 day lockout still. Do i need to do this in a 4+ person group or solo or what? thanks.

Ranerin said:
I did 5 of these missions yesterday... I went from 33% to 95% normal xp only.

What level? Thats quite a bit of exp if you are talking lvl 70, getting 60% or so in maybe 2hrs or so.

For the missions, levels and classes don't matter at all. Before you enter a mission, a window should pop up asking you what template you want for the mission. For examle: In the Shadowmane Invasion, you get the mission and before you enter, a window should come up asking what monster you would like to be. For this one, you can be either a 65 Monk or 65 Rogue. For every mission, it shows the level, class, stats and abilities of the monsters. Also, there is a little number next to the monsters you can select. For this one, your group can either be all Monks, so next to the monster name, it would have a number. Like this:
<Monster Name> (6)
Whenever someone selects that monster, the number will go down, so if there were 6 and someone chose that template, it would go to 5 instead. Once inside the mission, go to your inventory and click the "Alt Advance" button, you should either have Monster Innates and/or Monster Abilities. Spend your monster points, set up your hotkeys (Alt+H) and follow instructions. For the Shadowmane Invasion, after everyone is set up, walk a little past Commander Darktooth. He should say something like "Go forward foul creatures..." or something along the lines of that. In a few seconds, some Shadowmane guys (vicar, priest, etc.) and some Ragepaw guys should spawn and start killing each other. Only attack the Ragepaw guys, DO NOT use Enraging Bellow as it will aggro your allies as well. After each group of Ragepaws, follow and assist Commander Darktooth, normally he takes the right path first. After he kills one of the Elder Ragepaw guys in the right cave, he'll run back and go into the left cave, he runs up the ramp and around, you don't have to, after the second Elder Ragepaw, Darktooth should die. Don't worry, just follow the Shadowmane pack, they will always respawn. After the third and last Elder Ragepaw, look for a small box, it should just be called "a box" and be in a corner. It will have some explosives in it and a reward. One person take the explosives and do whatever with the reward. Next, go out of the room and go right, you will have to fight some Ragepaws on your own, after they're dead, whoever has the explosives, go right to a door and drag the explosives to the door, click and click "Yes". Run back to the group and wait for the door to explode. Walk in but DO NOT rush the savage lord. Select one person to attack him, as soon as that person attacks, have them use Whirlwind. Bring the savage lord to the group. Select another person who will Taunt and Whirlwind when the first person dies. After the first and second people are down, whoever gets aggro next uses Whirlwind. When the savage lord gets to about 10%, you'll be zoned to Undershore and get some dialogue that says something like "What happened? What happened indeed...(something else, can't remember)" That's the end of the mission there, the person that got mission may have to talk to Scout BristleThorp afterwards.
This has officially turned from an example/explanation to a guide :P anyways, hope this helps...

The one in W.C. is very simple.. find 8 griffon eggs. kill a guard. kill a merchant.
Done.

I got a whole bubble on yellow for it (lev 65).
I'd tell you the exact % ... but my mq2 isn't working. lol

It might not be something everybody here wants to do,, cause it's not against the EULA or anything :) ... but it is the easiest Exp. I have ever seen... bar none.

So, when you you level and class don't matter, does that mean that a level 10 can do one of these with a level 70 character?

no im pretty sure its 55+ and as for loot we've pretty much always gotten that sk/pal sword from shadowmane invasion. also Im pretty sure its a 45min lockout from when u get the mission. it takes us 20-25min to finish then 20-25 min lockout. pretty consistant.

For the WC mission .. Griffon Eggs (or whatever the name is)

Go to the "Dark Elf" camp on the map in WC, closest to the EC zone line.
There is only 1 npc there. Kathi (something).

You must have at least 3 in your group. any level (have not tried with very low lev) and any class.

To get the mission, say "trinket" to her. It's the second item in her prompt dialog, so if u want to read it, go ahead.

When you are all zoned in, you're all Griffons -- either druid type or ranger type. I don't think it matters, cause u wont need the special abilities.

Search for the 10 eggs. They're all over the place.
When that's done, a guard will appear on the Tracking you have. (druid / ranger all have tracking)
Kill him.

Then a merchant will appear on the track.
Kill her.

Go back to Kathi in the zone and "leave".
the end.

Took us about 7-10 min with 6... about 15 min with 4 players.

Rinse and repeat in 30 min. There is a timer so u cant do it too often.

:)

From the EQ boards...

There was a bug with this mission and it shouldn't have been giving double the experience reward. This will be fixed along with some other changes soon.

-Gordish the Gnomish Hero

Fucking Fucktards. I was going to rant for an hour about how The Upright Faggotry Brigade is taking over EQ and ASKING for every good thing in the game to be nerfed, but I won't.

-CodeCaster

Double Experiance Fast Aa

Users who are viewing this thread

Back