• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - Does anyone plan to play on the New TLP server Vaniki? (1 Viewer)

Klixor

RedCents
272¢
Does anyone plan to play on the New TLP server Vaniki? If so what are you rolling? I plan to play Enchanter. I am curious how popular it will be as most people love POP era more than anything. The ruleset is interesting but I really liked the Random Loot settings was hoping for another round of that TLP.

I've been mulling around the idea of playing one of the new true box, but with all the suspensions (including a few of my own) I've read about here it's hard for me to want to participate.

If I do I'll probably play a Necromancer.

Does anyone plan to play on the New TLP server Vaniki? If so what are you rolling? I plan to play Enchanter. I am curious how popular it will be as most people love POP era more than anything. The ruleset is interesting but I really liked the Random Loot settings was hoping for another round of that TLP.
nay playing eq without mq doesn't really interest me

I have played on a few of the TLPs but these two aren't really my bag of chips. Plus with all of the suspensions I converted my accounts to FTP until the suspensions have some consistency. I think Vaniki is going to be popular at first, but it's going to have a sharp drop off as people see how much time you're going to have to invest. I see it being similar to Selos with just a few dedicated guilds as that's the closest comparison for this server.

I may actually try the EQ2 TLP though. Those servers are a lot of fun for the first few expansions and I'm curious to see free trade in EQ2.

Good luck if you do end up trying Vaniki! It's a unique approach. It should be busy, at least to start.

I'm playing, doing a 3 box (or 4 if my steam deck shows up) manually with hotkeynet. Sucks no MQ but still enjoy the game so should be fun. Looking forward to relaxed true box 10 weeks in, just hoping they enable isboxer for the window switching!

I'm playing, doing a 3 box (or 4 if my steam deck shows up) manually with hotkeynet. Sucks no MQ but still enjoy the game so should be fun. Looking forward to relaxed true box 10 weeks in, just hoping they enable isboxer for the window switching!

Does relaxed truebox mean MQ2 would be available in 10 weeks with Vaniki? I imagine not until Truebox was fully off?

Anyone know the best/easiest way to get a virtual machine running to bypass the stupid rule so I can at least two box?
not really something here - we (rg) try and respect the spirit of truebox rules + dbg has been *very* firm on vm usage and it isn't something i would personally risk

You can not, as your Virtual machin (VM) program have a tag "i am a virtual machin".

And there is NO way i am restarting 23 years of playing EQ from zero !

I do not want to restart everything, Epics, trade skills, skills, farm, etc...

The best you can do is to use 2 computers linked by a a KVM (Keyboard/Video/Mouse).
KVM can be an hardware or a software, both have gift and flaws.

Last edited:
Well I made a character on Vaniki, literally to just see how populated it was.
Somehow was compelled to play, juuuust for a little bit. Well now I am level 25 out of 40 Necromancer. Have a guild now...
Guess i'm in it.

I started two toons on Vaniki and was pleasantly surprised! I like the spell level limits on my enchanter being raised 10 levels and the lower resists. My Enchanter and Cleric were able to kill mobs that were 9 levels higher without a problem. I suspect level 11 Charm being able to charm 10 levels higher with minimal resists is going to be wild! On day #1 a guild even took down Inny which is insane!

I started a character there yesterday and went from 1 to 20 before bedtime. Being able to take on reds without resisting mez and root makes things easy. Our group was camping level 25s when we were around 12.

I think the server is going to burn out a lot faster than a normal TLP. One of the guys I grouped with already had a max level toon and was working on his second. People will get bored within a couple of weeks and go back to whatever else people do.

It's fun while it lasts though.

Discussion - Does anyone plan to play on the New TLP server Vaniki?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back