• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Do I have to recreate ini files every patch? (1 Viewer)

kalus99

RedCents
240¢
Hi

I played Everquest way back started in beta then release for around 5 or 6 years, I have returned many times for a few levels and quit again and again and again. I returned just last month got my 2 characters on 2 accounts to 110 and then discovered Macroquest2 after a couple of minor problems (fixed by browsing forums here) I got all set up and made a full group, all around 100 to 110, real life caught up last week and I had to go on holiday, returned today to discover nothing works. I now know why of course (thanks forums again) and will play tomorrow.

The dumb question is profiles i created, (main group, alt group etc) ini files i downloaded, will these work when i do the update or will i need to recreate / redownload? I plan on buying MQ2 Cleric and probably all others, are these affected on patch day?

Thanks for any help

Solution
Hi

I played Everquest way back started in beta then release for around 5 or 6 years, I have returned many times for a few levels and quit again and again and again. I returned just last month got my 2 characters on 2 accounts to 110 and then discovered Macroquest2 after a couple of minor problems (fixed by browsing forums here) I got all set up and made a full group, all around 100 to 110, real life caught up last week and I had to go on holiday, returned today to discover nothing works. I now know why of course (thanks forums again) and will play tomorrow.

The dumb question is profiles i created, (main group, alt group etc) ini files i downloaded, will these work when i do the update or will i need to recreate / redownload? I...
Hi

The dumb question is profiles i created, (main group, alt group etc) ini files i downloaded, will these work when i do the update or will i need to recreate / redownload? I plan on buying MQ2 Cleric and probably all others, are these affected on patch day?

Thanks for any help
your inis (which are setting files) will continue to work you don't have to recreate them every patch

just make sure to run the redguides launcher to patch (and also, obviously, everquest launchpad to patch)

Solution
Question - Do I have to recreate ini files every patch?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back