• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Do devices really help? (1 Viewer)

portlimo

RedCents
I'm finally going to get that new pc a dell xps 400 4 gig ram 256 video card (sure beats the 32 I have now) with all xtra crap including an all in one printer comes out to 2280 before tax

anyway.......

do these really help?

Zboard ultimate keyboard

http://www.zboard.com/us/products/zboardgamingkeyboard.asp

Zboad everquest keyset

http://www.zboard.com/us/products/keyset_everquest.asp

Nostromo SpeedPad n52

http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Merchant_Id=&Section_Id=2071&pcount=&Product_Id=157024

Logitech G15 gaming keyboard

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/US/EN,CRID=2288,CONTENTID=10717

Logitech mx 510 performance optical mouse

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/US/EN,crid=2288,contentid=8070

Kinda like the mouse but is nostromo better?

Would appreciate "hands on" replies if you have used it or its earlier version

Thank you in advance

port

I have a Nostromo N52 and I love it, and yes it helps immensely.

I also use a Saitek Gaming keyboard with a "Command Pad" that is programmable. I primarly use this for movement so I can free up keys on my keyboard for /keypress commands.

The best mouse on the planet is the Logitech MX1000 laser mouse. Retails about $65 but worth every penny. If you can get your hands on one of the old Logitech Dual Opticals they are even better as far as resoution goes, but they dont make them any more and have been off the shelves for a while.

I'm jonesing to check out the G15. I love logitech stuff. I'd be interested to hear any direct reviews (not "My buddy told me" stuff) on this keyboard.

Nah, Best Mouse On the Planet is the Razer Diamondback.. Without a doubt. As for the Nostromo N52, I have one, but I don't find it very useful for EQ. Its much more useful for something like First Person Shoot'em'ups.

I had not heard of the razer line before, blanejnr, they had good stuff on their site http://www.razerzone.com/ never knew there was a professional cyberathlete either but the diamondback is their mouse ok something else to think about but still leaning towards the logitech I am partial to brands I have usd before....

Slight explanation - I used to play Enemy Territory, basically a free version of RTCW. I had a Logitech MX500 or something, my average hit ratio was 33%. Within about a week of buying the DIamondback, my Hit ratio rocketed to like 42%. Its most useful for FPS's and To be honest I think it'd be a bit Over the top for EQ, unless you like the extra buttons and such.

Yeah, the razer mice are fantastic for first person shooters, but pretty much unacceptable for EQ play for the more advanced player... I use the logitech 510, and it's absolutely fantastic. The razer has 2-3 buttons, the logitech has 6 programmable. Basically, get any !*WIRED*! optical mouse (god people stop calling it a laser... it's not a laser... lol) I cannot stress the lameness of wireless mice enough. First, they are heavy as hell, so you can forget the twitch movements. Second, no matter what mouse it is you have, 900mhz, IR, 2.4ghz, Bluetooth, you WILL manage to lose your signal once in a while even if you're sitting right on top of the receiver. This has gotten me killed way more than a couple of times. You should also try to find a PS/2 optical mouse if you can. PS/2, for whatever reason, has more than double the resolution of a USB mouse, which I totally agree makes zero sense at all, but it's absolutely true. I use a USB mouse because my box doesn't have PS/2 ports on it. I also use a $20 logitech multimedia keyboard. I use the W-A-D-S movement controls, so I have no need for ergonomic keys or anything like that since my hand never moves anyway.

good luck. :)

-CodeCaster

*edit* - According to Razer's web site, the diamondback has 7 buttons, but they don't appear to actually be ON the mouse... lol. According to every picture on the site, the mouse has 2 buttons unless it has some kind of elastic skin that allows buttons to be pressed below the visible surface of the mouse. *shrug*

I have a Zboard myself and I think tis great I use it for a slu of games and what real nice is you can program in your own Macros n such. But I have yet to try the everquest key set

I didn't see 7 buttons either on the diamondback, codecaster, have a PS/2 mouse now didn't realize it was so good :). It wasn't giving me troubles but was thinking of when I move from only doing 2 chars to 4, want to be able to use some eq hotbuttons easier....

Wonder what using the logitech G15 keyboard (or the saitek) and logitech 510 mouse would be like....hmm

I was thinking of keeping this old pc and use it for one char and alt tab 3 on the new pc so I can always have some world view... or if thats too slow use it for alky and lucy mapfiend info

Thanks for the ideas

port

codecaster said:
... Basically, get any !*WIRED*! optical mouse (god people stop calling it a laser... it's not a laser... lol) I cannot stress the lameness of wireless mice enough.

I'll stop calling it a Laser Mouse when Logitech stops calling it a Laser Mouse. The fact is that it IS a Laser Mouse

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/US/EN,CRID=2135,CONTENTID=9043

Quote from that site
Now optical is obsolete. And your computing experience will never be the same.
Featuring the Logitech MX™ Laser Engine, the MX1000 delivers a new pinnacle of performance no optical mouse can match. With an incredible 20x more sensitivity to surface detail—or tracking power—than optical, laser can track reliably even on tricky polished or wood-grain surfaces. And the MX1000 offers even more advanced features that will make you more productive and more comfortable.
Laser sensor developed in collaboration between Logitech and Agilent Technologies

You obviously have never used this mouse or you would know what you are talking about.

I have never been a fan of wireless mice for gaming either. In fact I have always used the Dual 800dpi logitech wired mice until I discovered the MX 1000. My advice is, so DO NOT categorized this mouse with other LED mice. Its is NOT typical of that genre. If you aren't using it, you are missing out.

datadog said:
You obviously have never used this mouse or you would know what you are talking about.

You're right... I haven't had to replace my mouse in quite some time, so I have no immediate knowledge on this, the very first laser mouse ever sent to market, which was released about 2 months ago (or less).

For many years, fools and invalids alike called optical mice "laser" mice, which was extraordinarily frustrating, and I developed a fairly severe peeve for this activity. While it is fantastic that they finally did come out with a laser mouse, I have no remorse for my statement and my not being on the cutting edge of mouse technology, dork. lol.

-CodeCaster

what kind of macro's can be used with these keyboards for EQ1. I just have a normal 9.99 keyboard from Wall Mart. Just wondering if there woul dbe great advantages like spell gem loading from after dying.
or can small tradeskill macros be made?

i dont think so. it seems that these keyboards are just do setting specific keys in specific places *i think*, that way you have all your keys right where you need them instead of across the board. but then again, you can just change them in game. im not sure other than the scheme on them.

Do devices really help?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back