• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Click "RG3" at the very bottom-left of this page to change it. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Display name as class (1 Viewer)

RedCents
580¢
Hello, I've been watching a lot of Sic's video's today and I noticed instead of names all over the ui and over the character's head he has class WAR SHD CLR ENC. I really like this, does anyone know how to accomplish this? I did some google and forum searches but I couldn't find anyone even mentioning it.

Sic

Nihil ᛗ
RedCents
10,863¢
/caption anon on

it can and will crash you.

if you log out with it turned on you won't be able to log back in without going in your macroquest2.ini and turning anon off

INI:
AnonCaption=${NamingSpawn.Class.ShortName}
AnonymizeFlag=1
Anonymize=1
you need that anonymize to be zero to log into the game - you can and will also crash upon zoning. be warned

Sum1

Warriors are inferior (read: crybaby) tanks
RedCents
3,907¢
/caption anon on

if you log out with it turned on you won't be able to log back in without going in your macroquest2.ini and turning anon off

INI:
AnonymizeFlag=1
Anonymize=1
you need that anonymize to be zero to log into the game - you can and will also crash upon zoning. be warned
lol, that sounds... less than optimal.

RedCents
580¢
/caption anon on

INI:
AnonymizeFlag=1
Anonymize=1

amazing thank you sir, now how did you get it to abbreviate from [###]Ogre Warrior PC to WAR

ChatWithThisName

⚔️🛡️🗡️
RedCents
2,497¢
I believe more specifically MQ2Labels will do the crashing. If I don't have MQ2Labels loaded I don't believe I've crashed, MQ2Labels actively updates labels on the UI, which if you plan to use the anon feature for show and tell will be an important requirement.

ChatWithThisName

⚔️🛡️🗡️
RedCents
2,497¢
Ahh, I see. I was unaware of any crashes outside of Labels. Do you happen to know what the cause is so we can look into addressing them? I've looked at labels plugin and it's over my head honestly.

Knightly

RedCents
10,873¢
Generally the ones I remember were stale pointer issues. But it's also better to do all of that at the display layer rather than try to account for every place in code that uses that information.

It has been rewritten in development to only do it at the display layer, which catches a lot more places your name can be displayed as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)