• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - diffrence in ini (1 Viewer)

zaladaine

RedCents
20¢
whats the difference in a mule ini or the regular ini files,,

i have set ini files up but groups not working well not sure if i missed something.

whats the difference in a mule ini or the regular ini files,,

i have set ini files up but groups not working well not sure if i missed something.
"regular ini files" --- do you mean kissassist ini files?

muleassist and kissassist are just similar but different macros that use a similar ini structure in some parts because muleassist was a fork from kissassist --- they're not 1:1 compatible as they both have things the other doesn't.

many plugins and other macros also have .ini files - ini is just a very basic (and outdated) key/value pair storage

it is suited for things like:

coolthing = "this cool thing of awesomeness"

so something could check that file and say "hey for the key "coolthing" what is the value? and the value would be "this cool thing of awesomeness"

I have a similar question. Within the Macroquest "config" folder where "kissassist_*name*.ini" and "*server*_*name*.ini" files reside, can you point me towards resources regarding "*server*_*name.ini" files/config?

-Thank you!

I have a similar question. Within the Macroquest "config" folder where "kissassist_*name*.ini" and "*server*_*name*.ini" files reside, can you point me towards resources regarding "*server*_*name.ini" files/config?

-Thank you!
those are all in your config folder

things that go inside the server_name.ini depend on various plugins, like mq2aaspend, mq2rez, mq2twist, and mq2melee

Question - diffrence in ini

Users who are viewing this thread

Back