• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - detect of mob mezzed

RedCents
1,433¢
Is there a way to detect if a mob on your XTarget (auto hater) is mezzed without targeting it?

${Target.Mezzed} and oops the melee attack already hit...

Hoping there is a way to do something like ${Me.XTarget[1].Mezzed} or some such thing.

I don't actually have a bard or enchanter to do my own testing and the wiki doesn't show anything like I'm after.

Is there a way to detect if a mob on your XTarget (auto hater) is mezzed without targeting it?

${Target.Mezzed} and oops the melee attack already hit...

Hoping there is a way to do something like ${Me.XTarget[1].Mezzed} or some such thing.

I don't actually have a bard or enchanter to do my own testing and the wiki doesn't show anything like I'm after.

Mackal, is correct. But another place to look, Other than the wiki is in the compile. Download the compile from the Macroquest2 site and go into the Release directory. Open and search the Changes.txt file. The one provided in the RG compile is old and outdated.

Kiss does a suprisingly good job at managing Mezzed mobs, that said I'm tring to replicate this on my Bard using MQ2Melee with limited success so far.

I tried looking at KISS but the code is far more advanced then I can replicate with my poor skills. I was really hoping for a simple command/check to stop my tank from hitting mobs that were Monk mezzed during the pull. Will probable just have to be much more careful about the distances/ranges I'm pulling from. Or make the tank wait the 12 seconds before he tries to grab all arggo. A 12 second delay might be hard on the casters though...

Kiss uses timers for when mez is about to wear off certain Spawn IDs, then reapplys. This is fairly easy to replicate, but its all the other things you need to do once its mezzed that is hard. Stop attacking that mob or kick it away from group, things like that.

I we should complain to DBG that we need some sort of visual key to indicate that a mob is mezzed kind of like how stuns draw the stars around the mobs head. If they do maybe they will add something to the PlayerState like how stuns are :P (which means we could detect it the same way we can check stuns, which was thought to be impossible for a while)

Mobs have certain animations which are generally tied to being mezzed, not 100% but it's reasonable. Spawn.Animation 26 32 71 72 110 111 were the numbers I've seen used, you can also use Spawn.Moving

devestators macros used to use them as a check for without targeting, and back then his macro were generally pretty solid. I used them in VoA and had afk group going in sepulcher for days on end with enc for cc and shaman chain pulling for a sk tank with a merc healer

Question - detect of mob mezzed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back