• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Default UI - Spell Bar Labels (1 Viewer)

RedCents
649¢
Anyone know how to add labels to the spell bar so i can see the names of the spells. And while I am at it, Also for Buffs and short duration buff windows.
Maybe some docs explaining how to do it. i could figure it out if i had some direction.

Thanks in advance.

youd need to learn to edit the xml files, and create a custom ui, or download the pieces from eqinterface.com that you like

http://www.eqinterface.com/downloads/fileinfo.php?id=6722 for spellbar with big shiney buttons with names on them.

http://www.eqinterface.com/downloads/fileinfo.php?id=5812 for buffs and songs with nice names and timers and such.

http://www.eqinterface.com/forums/faq.php?faq=interface#faq_install a list of helpfull links on how to install and load custom interfaces.

Thanks, i know about eqinterface, i just want to add the labels to the default spell bar and buffs. I also know how to edit the XML just i have not found any updates info on how to just add lables.

you probably wont find "updated" info on editing the UI.

There are instructions, along some some helper programs, on that site on editing the files. It has gotten a lot easier since they stopped editing the animation file all the time.

Your best bet is to find a file as close to what you want as possible, and see what they did with it compared to default/other files. Then tinker around with it yourself.

Remember that if your UI is to far out of whack, it will revert to the default ingame. And unfortunatly the best way to test UI is ingame, and it involves some time reloading the UI.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0BxTGRVEV87-5SzIta09EQ3Y4Z1k

These are the ones I use. The player window has been modified from what EQInterface does with it. (will need the player.dds file to see it properly, has a fixed size)

The Target window is a build off the default, then modified to add things I wanted to display. It's size is adjustable.

I edited my CastSpellWnd to account for the additional gems. It is a modified version of one off of EQInterface that always shows spell labels, but doesn't have a background ( IE the text floats on transparent window). That would be the file you want to modify. (fixed size)

The buff windows files are small, but always list the buff, show the icon, and have duration counters, along with background tinting indicating buff/debuff/dot. They are adjustable in size, and the gems/labels are attached to the left hand side. So if for instance you dont want to see the slot labeling or timers, you can shrink the window and it will not show them.

UIexample01.jpg

That may be what you are looking for, or close. There is no "this is how you do it" answer that I can give. Only how I went about it, which is what I described above.

Last edited:
wow warlock thats alot of ui.

here is mine, its a custom job, and i keep fiddling with it, some pieces obviously borrowed and then redone so they fit with my layout.

EQ000070.jpg

Heh yeah, I am a bit of an information junkie. It looks crowded, but it works for me =) (my other toons have less hotbutton bars and smaller chat. I raid with the mage so, need multiple set ups)

I used the spell window you have for a long while, really liked it. Went with the clear one instead some years back. Seems like it uses less room (though it it bigger). One of my "when I get around to it" things to work on is shrinking the window to be like the buff windows, with the font size around 2 and the icons about the size of the font.

Used a modified pet window that had shrunk buttons till it broke, another thing on my "to eventually do" list, heh.

Nice layout though =)

you probably wont find "updated" info on editing the UI.

There are instructions, along some some helper programs, on that site on editing the files. It has gotten a lot easier since they stopped editing the animation file all the time.

Your best bet is to find a file as close to what you want as possible, and see what they did with it compared to default/other files. Then tinker around with it yourself.

Remember that if your UI is to far out of whack, it will revert to the default ingame. And unfortunatly the best way to test UI is ingame, and it involves some time reloading the UI.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0BxTGRVEV87-5SzIta09EQ3Y4Z1k

These are the ones I use. The player window has been modified from what EQInterface does with it. (will need the player.dds file to see it properly, has a fixed size)

The Target window is a build off the default, then modified to add things I wanted to display. It's size is adjustable.

I edited my CastSpellWnd to account for the additional gems. It is a modified version of one off of EQInterface that always shows spell labels, but doesn't have a background ( IE the text floats on transparent window). That would be the file you want to modify. (fixed size)

The buff windows files are small, but always list the buff, show the icon, and have duration counters, along with background tinting indicating buff/debuff/dot. They are adjustable in size, and the gems/labels are attached to the left hand side. So if for instance you wont want to see the slot labeling or timers, you can shrink the window and it will not show them.

View attachment 13545

That may be what you are looking for, or close. There is no "this is how you do it" answer that I can give. Only how I went about it, which is what I described above.

Thanks, that's the spell bar I use. Perfect!!!
The buff bar I use and like sit at the top with labels underneath it. I'll try the one you have though

Last edited:
Question - Default UI - Spell Bar Labels

Users who are viewing this thread

Back