• IS THIS SITE UGLY? Click "RG3" at the very bottom-left of this page to change it. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - DD and target's target's

RedCents
508¢
what category would a dd and heal target's target fall under in ini heals or dps/burn? i know i should know this but the answer elluds me lol. ex druid's dissident winds

RedCents
5,633¢
I think it depends on the first cast.

For example, if the spell is a DD that just so happens heals the target's target, then put it in the DPS section.

If the spell is a heal that just so happens to DD the target's target, then you CAN put it in the HEALS section, but just know that you might run into issues. For example, your puller took some riposte damage, but has already targeted the next mob to pull. The cleric says "oh look, that fucker needs a heal" ... heals your puller's ass ... and then trains the group because that heal also triggered a nuke on the mob your puller had targeted.

The same thing happens with Curate's Retort. I turned that shit off in my cleric .ini because it as more trouble than it was worth.

RedCents
453¢
Contraventions go in the dps section.
Interventions go in the heal section.

I rarely use a separate puller and tank but I definitely recommend setting interventions to only cast on the MA and making sure they are set to a lower health % like 85 so you don't end up with the situation that Sum1 mentioned.

Heals10=Merciful Intervention|85|MA

ctaylor22

RedCents
13,009¢
Nope, you don't have to put it in the DPS section. You can use it in the heal section, you just have to use the |mob tag to tell the healing routine to target the mob before casting.

Check it out Kiss Heal options

RedCents
453¢
Nope, you don't have to put it in the DPS section. You can use it in the heal section, you just have to use the |mob tag to tell the healing routine to target the mob before casting.

Check it out Kiss Heal options
Ok, so now I have a question...If I want to throw contraventions into the heal section using |mob ex. Heals10=Merciful Contravention|85|Mob is the health % there going to be the mobs health or the MA's health. I assume the mob's health because it isn't tying back to the MA with a |MA. So if it is based on the mobs health will this set up swap target to the mob when it hits that % cast the contravention and then swap back to the MA for the direct heals and back to the mob each time the contravention is available to cast?

ctaylor22

RedCents
13,009¢
It is checking the MA's Health level because that should be the target of the mob and the target of the mob is who gets healed. Yes, the swapping back and forth is all taken care of.

RedCents
247¢
I'm sure in the olden days I'd just target the MT whatever and nuke - the nuke would hit his target not him. Guess that changed when they introduced nuking heals/healing nukes? I suspect that the target switching, other than looking VERY bot like for anyone targetting the cleric, would introduce a delay?

Sic

curlyboi always win
RedCents
6,232¢
I'm sure in the olden days I'd just target the MT whatever and nuke - the nuke would hit his target not him. Guess that changed when they introduced nuking heals/healing nukes? I suspect that the target switching, other than looking VERY bot like for anyone targetting the cleric, would introduce a delay?
eq2 has implied targetting, I don't think eq1 ever had it

RedCents
453¢
No, eq1 has never had the implied targetting and damn do I miss that from my little stint with eq2...and the decorating....and appearance slots...oh how I miss appearance slots.

Thank you for the response and I think I will just keep not using the contraventions.