• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem - DanNet issue in game (1 Viewer)

Solution
when I type /dge while playing it says Could not find Channel. So any command through DanNet i can not do. Anyone else had this issue?
Thanks in advance
You probably don't have everyone on a correct interface

Here is the > DanNet FAQ < where this is explained

Check out this post where i walk through it

if for some reason you don't see everyone when you do a /dnet info

then you do want to make sure that when you do a /dnet interface all of your toons are using the same interface.

for the purposes of multiple boxes on the same pc, the loopback interface is fine

The arrow is pointing to your currently selected interface device - if you have no arrow, you have nothing selected....
when I type /dge while playing it says Could not find Channel. So any command through DanNet i can not do. Anyone else had this issue?
Thanks in advance
You probably don't have everyone on a correct interface

Here is the > DanNet FAQ < where this is explained

Check out this post where i walk through it

if for some reason you don't see everyone when you do a /dnet info

then you do want to make sure that when you do a /dnet interface all of your toons are using the same interface.

for the purposes of multiple boxes on the same pc, the loopback interface is fine

The arrow is pointing to your currently selected interface device - if you have no arrow, you have nothing selected.

1644106152750.png

/dnet interface "Loopback Pseudo-Interface 1" with quotes is what i would do

you can use the number as well, but dannuic (who is the namesake, says to use the name when you can)

after you do that on everyone, you want to unload and reload the plugin on everyone, all the characters logged on at the time

/plugin mq2dannet unload

/plugin mq2dannet load

then doing a /dnet interface you can verify everyone sees the same one, and then a /dnet info should show all your toons

Here is the quick eqbc -> dannet commands chart / explanation

Make sure you are executing what you'd expect

1650289949177.png

Last edited:
Solution
Thanks in advance
This is because you need a made group already with toons connected. /dge by itself requires a Dannet group. Whereas /dgge and /dgga are universal to everyone in your InGame group. Does that make sense?

INI:
/dge fruitcakes /dosomething blah

Will send the command to every member in the fruitcakes Dannet group.

Use "/djoin fruitcakes save" on every other char you want to join the special Dannet group channel. Then you can use the /dge fruitcakes to broadcast to those chars only.

I have casters, healers, nobard, tanks, monks, berserks, and a couple of other randos where I only want commands run to specific chars. Works amazing.

Last edited:
Problem - DanNet issue in game

Users who are viewing this thread

Back