• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem - Dannet commands won't work with one character (1 Viewer)

RedCents
295¢
Hey folks,

I'm a newly returning player.

I used EQBC in the past but am trying out dannet. I run 12 toons, six on one PC and six on the other PC.

The toons on the same PC are able to send commands back and forth without an issue, but the two computers don't seem to talk to one another.

One is win10, one is win11

I AM able to connect them with EQBC using the normal command with the correct IP.

Both are set up almost exactly the same, the only difference I can think of is that one is on a different network switch than the other. They're both on the same subnet and both are connected to dumb switches. There shouldn't be any networking issues involved, but somehow they don't seem to want to connect with Dannet. Anyone have any suggestions or should i just go back to eqbc?

Do you have EQ on both machines enabled for private network traffic in Windows Firewall settings?
yes!

Did you set the interface per MQ2DanNet instructions tab?
yes!

dumb question, but are you certain that mq2dannet is loaded on the failing toon? And the toon is in the channel you're sending to?
It is loaded. I'm able to send commands between characters on the same computer, so dan itself is definitely working. It just won't talk to my other PC

When i type the /dnet info tab all the characters on the computer show up, none of the characters on the other computer do. This works the same for both computers

I have a similar problem, one of my clerics wont use their fellowship or clickies when i use broadcast commands. Following for tips and tricks
when you do /dnet info is the cleric in a channel or the channel your broadcasting to?
Did you run /plugin mq2dannet on the cleric?
try sending a /dex clericName /say hello
Does the cleric have the clickies in his inventory? :)

Last edited:
does it when Im standing in the guildhall and doing nothing or anywhere else
using, /dgza /useitem or /dgga /useitem I'm assuming the cleric is in zone when you issue the command or in your group?

Other than that something is wrong with your cleric. haha, i send commands all day long to gate, useitem and everything else on 30 toons and they all respond, including the clerics.

Make sure the actual interface from /dnet interface is the same. This was an issue for me due to having multiple interfaces that did not align. For example my interface 1 on one pc was 192.168.X.X and interface 1 on other pc was 127.0.0.1. I had to set one Pc to interface 1 and other to 2

using, /dgza /useitem or /dgga /useitem I'm assuming the cleric is in zone when you issue the command or in your group?

Other than that something is wrong with your cleric. haha, i send commands all day long to gate, useitem and everything else on 30 toons and they all respond, including the clerics.
she will take all other commands, she just doesnt like /useitem commands via dannet. I have no idea why.

she will take all other commands, she just doesnt like /useitem commands via dannet. I have no idea why.
Now that it has come back to me. I had an issue with the fellowship insignia too. I place a hotkey of the fellowship insignia in a hotbar using the "-" key. and called it like so. I haven't tried /dgza /useitem "Fellowship Registration Insignia" since.
INI:
/dgza /makemevisible /multiline ; /timed 20 /dgza /keypress -

Last edited:
I had this exact issue in the past too, 1 toon unable to /useitem fellowship
I switch to using relocate, so /relocate fellowship
it now works on dannet. so definitely seems specific to useitem and fellowship.
keep in mind a couple things with useitem

it is going to find the first match finditem finds

so if you do /useitem cool stuff of awesome and you have "cool applesauce" in your person, you're going to try and /useitem cool applesauce because if you don't quote the multiwords it will find the first match

you can ensure specificity with /useitem "cool stuff of awesome" and it will only match that item

keep in mind a couple things with useitem

it is going to find the first match finditem finds

so if you do /useitem cool stuff of awesome and you have "cool applesauce" in your person, you're going to try and /useitem cool applesauce because if you don't quote the multiwords it will find the first match

you can ensure specificity with /useitem "cool stuff of awesome" and it will only match that item
nice call Sic.
this must be why it was also intermittent for me:
1673543721805.png
so anytime I ran out of campfire material is probably when it started working again. lol

Problem - Dannet commands won't work with one character

Users who are viewing this thread

Back