• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
CWTNFish.mac

CWTNFish.mac (1 Viewer) 1.25

You know, I do not know ....checking ....thank you....let's see if that stops the problem. I think that it was happening because the way the Macro was written. I had a group come and stand right behind me pulling FAT RATS to my piece of the ice. Bastageges!!!
In the macro you can change the settings to FALSE under settings.
/declare alertPC bool outer FALSE

AmericanNero updated CWTNFish.mac by Chatwiththisname with a new update entry:

Fly Casual - Fish in Peace and other updates

| v1.2 Updated by AmericanNero 2/27/2021
| Setting grptotal now assumes the number in your group is the number of acceptable PC's before triggering afk routine.
| Setting grptotal can be done at the command line e.g. /mac CWTNFISH 2 or... /mac CWTNFISH 200 (for the brave or foolhardy in POK?)
| Added FlyCasual sub which adds time variability around how many casts occur before a pause, and variability about how long this pause is.
| After so many casts the character will stand up...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Being in the CoV Skyshrine, the new FlyCasualFidget function always faces me directly east.

I've found the issue. If you look around and change your heading, it always points you back to where you were when you started. I've fixed this, plus, I'm making the turn a bit more smooth and some other adjustments.

Feature Request: Add a / command to gracefully end the fishing session and restore the previous main-hand item.

Examples:

/endfish
/fishend
/packup
/headhome

Great macro works flawlessly.

I read all I could here before I started. got 6 characters moved into place. Turned your macro on why I watch some Seinfeld. An hour or so later I decided to end it and go make some Restless Velium Fish Scale Sheets. I had bought my 6 characters the Anizok's Bait Dispenser to make sure they would not run out of bait. On all my characters I put all my clickies, food, stackables, etc in my very last bag. I have plenty of empty bags so I moved a bag on each character into inventory and put the bait dispenser there before I started.

Welp I guess the macro picks up the last bag and dumps all the contents into the inventory when doing that instead of using the spot the dispenser was already in. 6 characters with 40 items each to put back in place. Opps. A warning on first page for any other last bag clowns like me please. :-)

In past I had always used the way more basic Fish.mac and put bait in my inventory. First time I fired this one up hehe l learned something today. But my god is it a slick macro all around, love your work.

how do we add "Small twigs" to stuff we dont want to keep.
Figured out how to do this in the fish.mac

Line 85
INI:
/if (${Cursor.Name.Equal[Tattered Cloth Sandal]} |${Cursor.Name.Equal[Fish Scales]}| ${Cursor.Name.Equal[Rusty Dagger]} | ${Cursor.Name.Equal[Small Twigs]} ) {

I have not done it in the cwtnfish though..

now if i could use wait until bags are full pop a merchent and sell them instead of destorying them. they are worth 100pp each and rather common

a command to add things to the destroy list would be very helpful for CWTNfish. There are a lot of things in different zones that fill up your bags besides scales, daggers and sandles. Fresh Fish would also be helpful to add to destroy since it is vendor bought in PoK.

Line 85
INI:
/if (${Cursor.Name.Equal[Tattered Cloth Sandal]} |${Cursor.Name.Equal[Fish Scales]}| ${Cursor.Name.Equal[Rusty Dagger]} | ${Cursor.Name.Equal[Small Twigs]} ) {

now if i could use wait until bags are full pop a merchent and sell them instead of destorying them. they are worth 100pp each and rather common

That syntax is not correct.
You would want something like

/if (${Select[${Cursor.Name},Tattered Cloth Sandal,Fish Scales,Rusty Dagger,Small Twigs,]})
You want no space before or after the comma's seperation. This would allow it to give a list of items on a single line.

"OR" is || not a single | But it was pretty close. You could also do it your way, assuming you were using the correct || but the select is cleaner and less typing.

Line 85
INI:

Add this to the Sub Keep Item routine.
} else /if (${Cursor.Name.Equal[Small Twigs]}) { /echo \at[\apCWTN\at]\ag Caught \at[\aw${Cursor.Name}\at] \ayDestroying /varcalc scalesCount ${scalesCount} + 1 /destroy /delay 5

I am not sure why, but my bags filled with small twigs, fish scales, tattered cloth sandals, and rusty daggers. In the screenshot you can see it declare the sandles as destroying then another time as a keeper.
1640538443656.png
It appears its sometimes happens when it says destroying too.

Last edited:
I am not sure why, but my bags filled with small twigs, fish scales, tattered cloth sandals, and rusty daggers. In the screenshot you can see it declare the sandles as destroying then another time as a keeper.
View attachment 36259
It appears its sometimes happens when it says destroying too.
Thanks! I'll look at that.

Were you using v1.22 or earlier? Was Destroy false?

I tried to replicate the problem without success, but, I did notice that some timing and cursor checks were inconsistent. Tidied things up a bit as well. Make sure you get the latest version!

Last edited:
AmericanNero updated CWTNFish.mac by Chatwiththisname with a new update entry:

Smoothed some wrinkles

Readme!

Tailor ***Settings*** to customize timing, messages, what to do if you aggro... default afk
message is Bio! Go wild and crazy and make something up.

v1.23 Updated by AmericanNero 12/26/2021
- Reportedly, twigs and other trash things were being kept, which was naughty. I could not replicate
so I fixed some things that didn't necessarily need fixing.
- Tidied up afk spam.
- Added some message formatting.
- Smoothed out timing and cursor checks.
- Keeping trash was...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Thanks! I'll look at that.

Were you using v1.22 or earlier? Was Destroy false?

I tried to replicate the problem without success, but, I did notice that some timing and cursor checks were inconsistent. Tidied things up a bit as well. Make sure you get the latest version!
I was on 1.22. Destroy is set to true as things were getting destroyed, just not always. You can see in the screenshot I posted that it destroyed 3 sandals then kept one for some reason. I think it mostly had to do with sometimes I would get 2 items at once. Will test with 1.23 and let you know if I can reproduce it.

I was on 1.22. Destroy is set to true as things were getting destroyed, just not always. You can see in the screenshot I posted that it destroyed 3 sandals then kept one for some reason. I think it mostly had to do with sometimes I would get 2 items at once. Will test with 1.23 and let you know if I can reproduce it.
There's a loop that checks everything on the cursor. By adjusting the timings, I hope that helps.

About those pesky Small Twigs.

They are vendorable at 90+ pp each but they don't stack. Because of this they are considered trash.

If you do want to keep Small Twigs, then you can edit DestroyList and add a character within |Small Twigs|, e.g. |~Small Twigs|

INI:
/declare DestroyList string outer "|Tattered Cloth Sandal|Rusty Dagger|Iksar Phalange|Sewer Catfish|Salt Minnow|Fish Scales|~Small Twigs|"

Last edited:
CWTNFish.mac

Users who are viewing this thread

Back