• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem - Cursor teleporting on freelook click (1 Viewer)

Qhr1447

RedCents
I just got a new computer with 3 monitors and a high end GPU and have a Fresh install of EQ. Some times when using right click free look my mouse cursor will teleport out of the EQ window and move to either one of the monitors on my side this is in window mode, and full screen. If the mouse doesn't teleport out of the client it will jump left or right of where I click based on where I am spinning my camera sometimes a few inches from initial click area. It seems that the mouse is having trouble staying locked to the client when you are free looking while holding right click.

I am using a Razer Naga trinity I have tried my other wired cheap mouse and it appears to do the same thing. I have turned off all the software for the razer and the problem persists. This teleporting does not happen with any other game I have played just EQ, I also tried a private server using the RoF2 client and the problem actually persists using a fresh install of that client on private servers as well. So I am pretty certain it is the EQ client interacting with my Bios or Gpu that is causing this problem but I am unsure of how or why.

Brand new computer almost nothing on it other than standard razer mouse software and up to date drivers. I have tried lowering my FPS as well as lowering my in game mouse sensitivity. Really at a Loss what would cause this.

CS had me validate files and remove cookies which did nothing to fix the current situation

I made a recording of the exact problem, in the video I tried to keep my mouse pointer in between the start and end of my character name. Normally I wouldn't spam right click this much while turning but it is the easiest way to reproduce the event, and this will also happen randomly on a single click so spamming is just to speed it up to catch on video. You can see before the cursor actually teleports 2 inches to the right it actually is making almost a phantom cursor over on the side but when you release right click it remains where I initially clicked. Then other times it will actually just straight up teleport, this One was mild in comparison to some of the other times. The teleport can take me to the end of the client or even to the middle of the next screen. The actual teleport occurs 2 seconds before the video ends.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nothing you can do about it really that I've found. I do believe the problem is in DirectX 9 direct input functions and not something EQ did. Other games DO also do this but they have to be DX9 and not DX10, 11, or Direct3D. SWTOR the MMO also does this. So does Star Trek Online.

Just wait. Sometimes it teleports to a title bar right as you click and you wind up with a menu open and the frame renderer for EQ frozen until you close it.

I just got a new computer with 3 monitors and a high end GPU and have a Fresh install of EQ. Some times when using right click free look my mouse cursor will teleport out of the EQ window and move to either one of the monitors on my side this is in window mode, and full screen. If the mouse doesn't teleport out of the client it will jump left or right of where I click based on where I am spinning my camera sometimes a few inches from initial click area. It seems that the mouse is having trouble staying locked to the client when you are free looking while holding right click.

I am using a Razer Naga trinity I have tried my other wired cheap mouse and it appears to do the same thing. I have turned off all the software for the razer and the problem persists. This teleporting does not happen with any other game I have played just EQ, I also tried a private server using the RoF2 client and the problem actually persists using a fresh install of that client on private servers as well. So I am pretty certain it is the EQ client interacting with my Bios or Gpu that is causing this problem but I am unsure of how or why.

Brand new computer almost nothing on it other than standard razer mouse software and up to date drivers. I have tried lowering my FPS as well as lowering my in game mouse sensitivity. Really at a Loss what would cause this.

CS had me validate files and remove cookies which did nothing to fix the current situation

I made a recording of the exact problem, in the video I tried to keep my mouse pointer in between the start and end of my character name. Normally I wouldn't spam right click this much while turning but it is the easiest way to reproduce the event, and this will also happen randomly on a single click so spamming is just to speed it up to catch on video. You can see before the cursor actually teleports 2 inches to the right it actually is making almost a phantom cursor over on the side but when you release right click it remains where I initially clicked. Then other times it will actually just straight up teleport, this One was mild in comparison to some of the other times. The teleport can take me to the end of the client or even to the middle of the next screen. The actual teleport occurs 2 seconds before the video ends.

Season 9 Nbc GIF by The Office

@Qhr1447 , could also be a virus or something that's doing key/click logging or screen capture

Naw. It's definitely an issue with directx input devices and multiple monitors. I haven't renewed it but I'm formerly certified MSCE and worked for Comcast for four years doing remote virus removal. Don't joke about RATs and such.

Naw. It's definitely an issue with directx input devices and multiple monitors. I haven't renewed it but I'm formerly certified MSCE and worked for Comcast for four years doing remote virus removal. Don't joke about RATs and such.
Would it help if he installed Direct X 9C from June 2010?

Wow lol, I worked for many years with a leading internet provider in tech support but never was certified.

The Polling rate and refresh of the Dx9c Files did nothing to fix the problem, It's a very weird thing to have happen on a new computer because my old Pc never once had this type of thing happen.

The Polling rate and refresh of the Dx9c Files did nothing to fix the problem, It's a very weird thing to have happen on a new computer because my old Pc never once had this type of thing happen.
You can try setting it lower than 250. The issue is generally with older games not supporting fast polling rates.

Problem - Cursor teleporting on freelook click

Users who are viewing this thread

Back