• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Tip - CWTN Mode Reference Chart (1 Viewer)

RedCents
6,874¢
I made this table to help me understand/remember what each CWTN mode does and doesn't do.
Thought maybe someone else might find it helpful too.

ModeMakes Camp?Returns to Camp?Taunts?Chases?Sits down?Breaks invis to melee assist?Breaks invis to buff/heal?
ManualNoNoOnly if group role is tankNoNoNoNo
AssistYesYesOnly if group role is tankNoYesYesYes
ChaseAssistNoNoOnly if group role is tankYesOnly if MA sitsYesNo
Vorpal ModeNoNoOnly if group role is tankNoOnly if MA sitsYesNo
TankYesYesYesNoYesYesYes
PullerTankYesYesYesNoYesYesYes
Puller AssistYesYesOnly if group role tankNoYesYesYes
SicTank ModeYesNoYesNoNoYesYes
Hunter Tank ModeYesNoYesNoYesYesYes

Also, let me know if you spot anything incorrect in here.
Cheers.

Last edited:
puller assist only taunts if you are assigned group main tank in your group window.

In the beginning these modes confused the hell out of me. Then I stopped being that GUY that never admits he’s lost and finally deep delved Sic’s vids. Now it’s easy peasy. Don’t be me.

I made this table to help me understand/remember what each CTWN mode does and doesn't do.
Thought maybe someone else might find it helpful too.

ModeMakes Camp?Returns to Camp?Taunts?Chases?Sits down?Breaks invis to melee assist?Breaks invis to buff/heal?
ManualNoNoOnly if group role is tankNoNoNoNo
AssistYesYesOnly if group role is tankNoYesYesYes
ChaseAssistNoNoOnly if group role is tankYesOnly if MA sitsYesNo
Vorpal ModeNoNoOnly if group role is tankNoNoYesNo
TankYesYesYesNoYesYesYes
PullerTankYesYesYesNoYesYesYes
Puller AssistYesYesOnly if group role tankNoYesYesYes
SicTank ModeYesNoYesNoNoYesYes
Hunter Tank ModeYesNoYesNoYesYesYes

Also, let me know if you spot anything incorrect in here.
Cheers.
Nice job

You might notice that anything that says "Makes a camp" also, will break invis to buff/heal. Which is what we've said.
INI:
if (!Invis(me) || Camp.GetIsSet()) {
is checked prior to buffing.

If you have UseMelee on in chaseassist, it will break invis to melee assist the MA, which as a by product will mean that your healers will break invis and end up healing. But the reason it's breaking invis isn't to buff/heal, it's to melee, but since you broke invis by meleeing, it's now checking things that are otherwise prevent by invis.

At that point you're in combat, so it doesn't memorize things (unless there is an explicit toggle for a combat mem/cast of a specific thing, like beastlords and their pets. When combat is complete, the character would then no longer be invis, and thus able to memorize spells and buff.

Tip - CWTN Mode Reference Chart

Users who are viewing this thread

Back