• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

cronic (1 Viewer)

Ive noticed the the Macroquest/Sourceforge dev's have been making adjustments in MQ2 to stop warping etc. The stuff thats posted here on Redguides can be considered "the Dark Side of the Force". Therefore they (Sourceforge Dev's) have been making strides to make it hard for our coders to continue in their trade.

Cronic writes excellent code, but leans towards what the Sourceforge Dev's consider 'game breaking'. It would be interesting to see what thread the Dev's killed on their site.

I posted a link to a goofy site that a few people here probably frequent, and I asked for an invitation code to it so I could find out if some of my stuff was being posted there. I removed the link upon request by the devs. While they don't condone public talk about the things that I write, we're on fairly good terms with one another.

cronic

I did read that thread before it was edited, it wasn't anything great (or at least I didn't think so at the time). I'm sure it was NOT what the one poster said it was....a site of great game hacks. All that guy did was reinforce in the Dev's minds that the updating of MQ2 needs to be rethought.

Everyone here (and posters on the MQ2 board) need to remember, the Dev's do the updating because they WANT to, not because they HAVE to. As one of them put it.....I play MQ2 now, not EQ. If you post there, be respectful, and be prepared to get flamed! Take the flames in stride and learn something from what is told to you. Even the flames sometimes yeild useful information. Also, donate the $10 (or more) to get into VIP, its well worth it, and it also makes updating MQ2 somewhat worth the amount of time it takes to do the job.

Anyway, my 2cp's.

also imo, dont just pay the $ to get into vip. when you can . give them 5-10$. or even as much as you like. even though MQ is free. and they seem to enjoy to update it. the $ you tose at them helps them feel like there work is apricated. basiclly. ( no offense to this site) you pay what? 5$ a month for here. and this just gives you mostly plugins/macros that are a part of MQ. or even expliots that are mostly needing mq to do. so tose the dev's some funds when you can. iam sure they will like it. and really think of it this way... is MQ worth maybe 20-30$ a year? imo it is. w/o mq i would probally not play anymore. mq for most people make EQ what it is.

I don't even have it anymore. It's just a site with forums you can't see. You can't register unless you have any invitation code. There's absolutely nothing to see there.. I just linked it to show what site I was asking for a code for.

cronic

haha ok.. and j/w how would your code get out ( ive seen some posted here) if you just release your .dll's? iam still new to the programing shit. mq has taught me what i know :)

The code that has been passed around is old stuff from back in my MQ hobby days. I gave it to the wrong people and it ended up all over the internet. The source code to what I sell nowadays has never left my computer.

cronic

cronic

Users who are viewing this thread

Back