• IS THIS SITE UGLY? Click "RG3" at the very bottom-left of this page to change it. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Crashing when switching characters

XiroFS

RedCents
124¢
I am having the same problem too. Updated to latest update, but after switching back and forth between characters or other apps, it crashes.

RedCents
Hi Guys,

Please allow me a newb question: how can you tab between your toons using kissassist only?
I am running ISBOXER and seems like it isn't working that well with Kissassist. So I am thinking about simply using kissassist. I am using two screens and running 3-4 toons. I often switch screens and the char I am using switches to my main screen. I am not sure if kissassist supports screen management and I did not find posts on this...this post was the closest to what I am looking for.

Thank you for your help.

Sic

curlyboi always win
RedCents
8,098¢
Hi Guys,

Please allow me a newb question: how can you tab between your toons using kissassist only?
I am running ISBOXER and seems like it isn't working that well with Kissassist. So I am thinking about simply using kissassist. I am using two screens and running 3-4 toons. I often switch screens and the char I am using switches to my main screen. I am not sure if kissassist supports screen management and I did not find posts on this...this post was the closest to what I am looking for.

Thank you for your help.
I use isboxer with kissassist - kiss doesn't have anything to manage your eq instances and swap just between those.

one of the functions I use with isboxer is the ctrl-alt-1 ctrl-alt-2 thing --- but you could set something up with autohotkey or similar to do the same @kaen01 might chime in, because he uses something like ahk to do that

RedCents
373¢
I run both MQ2 and IsBoxer as well, I have no problem switching between characters, BUT sometimes (about 1 in 20?), when I camp out one character, they just POOF completely and I need to restart them. It's never been annoying enough to get worked up over it.

RedCents
Thank you for the responses. So, I guess, ISBOXER + Vanilla is the winning combo.
Lately I had some lockups at login with ISBOXER...it is annoying, it takes like 10-15 minutes to load my 4 toons...I sent the logs back, looks like the client was crashing...I am not sure if you guys experienced anything similar or if you have a fix.
I use ISBOXER to log the toons in, and once all toons are running and in the game I activate Vanilla, connect to live server and start the show.

RedCents
one of the functions I use with isboxer is the ctrl-alt-1 ctrl-alt-2 thing --- but you could set something up with autohotkey or similar to do the same @kaen01 might chime in, because he uses something like ahk to do that
I use the same thing, I used to it throughout the years and I like it. Vanilla had something in char setup that seemed like a toggle between screens, but apperently you don't use that.

RedCents
1,274¢
If you're just wanting a windowed mode toggle I've had success with mq2autologin's use of window switching hotkeys. You won't get that tableu you get with boxer though.