• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem - Crashes (1 Viewer)

RedCents
988¢
Hey y'all,

Would anyone be able to look at some .dmp's for some recent crashing issues I've been having?

Thanks in advance. Seems to be random, random toons, random times. Unrelated to anything I can pinpoint.

Hey y'all,

Would anyone be able to look at some .dmp's for some recent crashing issues I've been having?

Thanks in advance. Seems to be random, random toons, random times. Unrelated to anything I can pinpoint.
you can pm me 1 or 2 dmps and i can take a look at them.

keep in mind they may have personal information in them like character names or server.

also - you posted in "kissassist" thread - this is not the right place, unless for some reason you think specifically it is kissassist crashing you

Im having the same issue. It seems totally random its happens with toons running KA, MQ2Berzerker, MQ2Shaman and MQ2Enchanter, I cant find a common issue between them.

View attachment 31808View attachment 31809
the dmps i looked at this morning were pretty empty eqgame dmps.

eqgame and kernelbase dmps don't usually give too much information as to what is causing the issue - and kernelbase dmps could be just about *anything*.

if you want to send me a dmp or two i can take a look at this as well

definitely make sure you don't have any outdated ui files in a custom ui as they did update a couple of UI files this last patch

INI:
EQUI_Animations.xml
EQUI_OverseerWnd.xml

Howdy y'all...

You should be able to get a more detailed dump using procdump configured to watch the eqgame.exe for exceptions...

I would test with a single instance running and use a command line like this:

procdump.exe -ma -e eqgame.exe C:\temp

This will write a full memory dump to C:\temp, as opposed to the mini-dumps written by default.

Just run that in an admin command prompt and then launch one of the failing boxes and let it crash.

Last edited by a moderator:
Problem - Crashes

Users who are viewing this thread

Back