• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem - Crash on Unload - error says mq2nav (1 Viewer)

RedCents
72¢
Currently I am using MQ2next as a stand alone on my desktop. I have 3 computers set up the same, all running MQ2 Next from Desktop. 2 comps crash on occasion when zoning, that is no big deal just have to log them back in, however on the 3rd comp when unloading EQ crashes, when I attempt to log in, after clicking load toon it crashes again. I have completed 3+ fresh installs, reinstalled and nothing seems to fix it.

Attached is the crash message.

Attachments

• 20230205_163831[398].jpg
    20230205_163831[398].jpg
    926.1 KB · Views: 5
Say it with me: it’s just called MacroQuest.

No 2, no Next. MQ for short if you don’t like typing. And this isn’t a kissassist problem.

Instead of using your phone to capture a photo of the dialog just press Ctrl+c on your keyboard. Or, if you forget you should at least learn that alt+printscreen is the shortcut to capture a screenshot of a window, and windows key + shift + s activates the screen clipper.

I haven’t had my coffee yet so that’s all I have to offer for you this morning!

Currently I am using MQ2next as a stand alone on my desktop. I have 3 computers set up the same, all running MQ2 Next from Desktop. 2 comps crash on occasion when zoning, that is no big deal just have to log them back in, however on the 3rd comp when unloading EQ crashes, when I attempt to log in, after clicking load toon it crashes again. I have completed 3+ fresh installs, reinstalled and nothing seems to fix it.

Attached is the crash message.
I moved your thread to the general "bugs/questions" section.

kissassist is a macro that runs inside macroquest - it isn't the platform.

the crash dialog window says mq2nav crash, and normally i would just move your thread to the mq2nav thread, but it is possible it isn't actually mq2nav related, and wanted some opportunity to mention a few things.

crashes are automatically sent to the MQ devs (Dannuic, Knightly, and Brainiac, as well as cwtn, redbot, and myself), so outside of if you are able to provide reproduction steps, you don't really need to manually post or submit crashes for that purpose.

as a general "start here" I would ensure your computer is up to date with windows updates, all of your drivers are up to date, and you are determining if you need to exempt your mq/eq/rg folders from any antivirus. I'm not saying this is your issue, or that it would fix it - but if you haven't done those things already you should start there.

Is there a reason why you are unloading and then trying to log in another toon?

are you on emu? is this emu related? there are known issues with the 32-bit limitations of emu and mq2nav's desire for contiguous memory for loading meshes. some folks have mentioned (but i have nothing to support this outside of annecdotal) that ensuring your map is closed while zoning has been helpful for them

Problem - Crash on Unload - error says mq2nav

Users who are viewing this thread

Back