Morning All, just a quick note for those down south we've got you on our prayers. Probably repeating stuff you guys already know but...
- Conserve Power, specially on your mobile device in case things get really dire.
- Do not burn things inside your home or fireplace, specially if you don't have something engineered for heat (chimmey/brick stack/with outside rated vent...i.e. a gas insert isn't meant for heating).
- For those without water, you can bring snow to a rolling boil if it turns into a real emergency.
- Talk to your neighbors...ugh...i know people...but if it turns into a real emergency the more people huddled together for warm the better.
- If you're sweating in your clothes, layer down. Sweat is water and that saps your body heat...i know strange huh? So if you're starting to sweat in your clothes you need to dry up and layer down a bit or that will accelerate you freezing.
- DO NOT RUN YOUR CAR IN THE GARAGE FOR WARMTH...EVEN WITH THE GARAGE DOOR OPEN.
- Check the news, convention centers and some public buildings have been opened as a temporary shelter. Emergency services can transport you if your vehicle isn't equipped to get you there.