• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Computer upgrade suggestion? (1 Viewer)

jsantoli

RedCents
241¢
I had a really old comp that ran my 6 accounts flawlessly. It finally took a crap and I got a budget comp. the problem is when I alt tab the game freezes up and my screen stays black when I run more than 2 accounts. The computer has a i7 6700, GeForce Gt 1030, and HP 81B4 motherboard. I think there is 8 or 16 gig of ram and it has a 1tb SSD. I don’t know much about computers

Windowed Mode, ISBoxer, WinEQ2 all work great

MQ2EQWire is also a great plugin for reducing resource usage.

With an i7 6700 you should easily run 6 clients without any performance issues.

I'd try mq2eqwire. It's $10/year but will really raise EQ performance on older systems. It tells EQ to skip drawing any graphics for toons other than the front screen.

I had a clunker office desktop that would crash if I ran 3+, with eqwire it runs a 6-man group no problem now.

Look up an online memory tester or ram guide. It should run a test on your system and let you know what type of memory chip you can run and what the max size & number of chips you could add or replace for bigger chips. I use the crucial site and their download, then buy from newegg or amazon.

In general you want at least 1 GB for each toon, though you can get by on less. Plus you want 2-5 GB for windows background stuff. I can run 6 toons on 8 GB but that comp will not like it if I open a browser. 12-16 GB for 6 lets you do other stuff fine.

Last edited:
Question - Computer upgrade suggestion?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back