• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Compiled Plat Guide (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

soultaker

RedCents
60¢
Here is a listing of all the Plat strategies listed to date on This Site. This is just an effort to bring this all together in one place. I am sure downt he line this maybe placed into a PDF but for now here it is in post format. Enjoy :D

1. Underground Platinum Mine 1.2

The Current Plat Guide, still some great info in there. However the Necro Seb Camped is long nerfed.

2. 2 Million Plat and Counting: OOW Rune Camps by Redbot

Noble's Causeway. I hope that we all will use the information responsibly. Good luck, and no complaints if you get killed. See my magelo for my gear, I have soloed all of thses.. do a good analysis to see if you think you have a chance at soloing these mobs before giving them a shot.. it's hard.

There are 4 definite named spawn locations that I know of. Two are at what I call the crossroads. This area is right about the middle of the zone and is the largest "landing" area. There is a small canyon on its east side, and that spot is the fighting location. A wandering dog paths through this canyon. The placeholder does not see invis and is called "An Ukun Deathhowler." The named is called "A Ukun Packhunter." It sees invis. All the named summon but this is the only see inviser. The closest set of mobs to the canyon are a snake and an aneuk. The aneuk is a PH for another named, "Pixxt Areand Bodybender. " This is the toughest solo.. he snares and dispells himself, as well as Cheals, and GATES. Must be careful with this one. So that is the crossroads camp.

The next named is west across the first bridge from Dranik's Scar. This one is easy to find as it paths right past Tarlang. The wanderer is the PH. The named hits mid 600s, snares, and poison dots. Both make use of the Kyv archer Model. Best spot to solo him is in middle of his path by the stones in the pathway. If you can split take out the 2 mobs near the bridge on way to this spot to give you more room. Becareful howevere with the 2 at the far end they can chain agro 4 Dragorns.

Final named is in the northwest part of the zone. There is a long canyon that goes back to the Bazu Smasher and Beast tamer. There is also a level 70 named that spawns in this canyon every time named Alkron Wyrmsong or something of that nature. He does not see invis, hits for 700ish, and does NOT summon. He can be rooted and rotted easily, but has a lot of hitpoints. His respawn is something like 90 minutes. Personally I just leave him up as he doesn't drop anything. No idea what his purpose is. Anyway if you find him you know you're in the right spot. There is a wanderer that wanders past him and this is the PH for the final named. This named is exactly like the west named. In fact they both have Ridgerunner in their name.

Repop time is 20 minutes for PH/named except Alkron. Good luck.

3. Pathing Exploit in Grieg's End

If you walk from zone out to the first open area, there are approx 8-10 mobs, they can be shaman/necro, so in this courtyard u find the barrel and u just run back and forth that wall and the mobs will never touch you! Theres a pile of bones or something, only landmark I can think of. i gets tons of aa's everyday with this. good luck!

I was finally able to check this out. The original writer mentioned Shaman or Necro. This is because this works best with pet classes that have Snare.

What happens is that when you move the mobs do not directly follow you, they 'ping pong' away from you and then vector back to your position. If you have a snare on, the mobs move very slowly and you can keep it ping ponging and it will not touch you. THis is done by strafing back to the other side of the corner your in, the mobs AI recalculates ur position and turns and then moves away from you first before coming at you. With timing, you can keep the mob out of melee range with this exploit.

There are two entrances to the Courtyard (CY) area of Greg's End. One side has a (as in ONE) barrel and a pile of bones to the left of the stair when u enter the CY. There will be a (only one) mob there, so you will have to kill it first (ping pong works).

However, things get hairy with adds as you have to snare them all (or root). I have tried this with a group (well two) and it gets interesting. Classes capable of using this method are...

Pet classes, SK, Necro, Shaman.
Enchanter (will probably have to charm one and kite the ping ponging mobs), not sure how well this would work.
Bard twisting dots+snare.
I would not suggest trying this on a mount...

5. Making Plat Selling Tinkerers Bags (by bigalthor)

I been doing this for sometime in bazaar . You need a fairly high level teleporter (Wizard or Druid). You have them run into Solusek's Eye, to the little gnome who sells the tinkerers bags (Marfen Binkdirple). You bind in front of him.The bags cost 5250p with your charisma over 150. I buy 5 at a time and sell for 5500p. When you sell all bags,you just gate back, buy more bags, teleport to Nexus and into bazaar. And keep doing cycle over and over. In the year Ive been doing this I know I have made several hundred thousand plat.

6. Treasure Chest Warping (submission)

dont know if you guys already know this but i got full +7 STA augs from LDoN this way awhile back. start a ldon mission. make the rog warp to all the chests. make sure the rog is smart and knows how to hide/sneak fast. unlock chests, party members warp and loot up quick, and get out and start another mission!

May have the same problem as with that other DoN chest open. It will not let you loot the chest if there are creatures near by. Unless, if you have not agroed them it wont give you that error message.

Ideal for Rouges Monks ShadowKnights Necros

7. 2k plat AFK per week as a newbie (by Silvenwolf)

Red's note: A great, simple strategy for new players on an old server. No cheats or 3rd party programs needed. Thank you Silvenwolf!

Create a high-elf enchanter put all your starting points into charisma. with a few plat that you have earned from your main character dosnt matter what level they are this is cheap. Go to west freeport and purchase stacks of fuzzlecutter formula 5000''s from fuzzlecutter himself for about 6pp per stack less depending on charisma *why you put all your points into it* set up a trader in bazzar and price them at 1pp each. People buy these like mad i sell about 400 per night weekdays 800+ on weekend nights. It's a great cheap way to make plat that is perfectly legal. if your paying 6pp per stack that 14pp your making off each stack as i said i sell about 400 a night so thats 280plat profit i made without winning any rolls on gear ect each night. might not seem like much but to someone new getting gear it is 1960pp in a week while you sleep doing nothing illegal ect means soon getting to twink your new chars and start making a mark in the eq world.

8. Tinkering is Profitable

Tinkering is Profitable
Prerequisites - for best success rates and best prices, you will need:

* A level 16 or higher gnome with...
* 154 or higher skill in Fletching
* 143 or higher skill in Tinkering
* 105 or higher Charisma

This is a three-part recipe. Each item is listed along with the vendor purchase price for characters with a high charisma.
Firewater (50 tinkering)
0.010p Flask of Water
0.062p Gnomish Spirits
total cost = 0.072p, sell back = 0.067p
Shaped Ashwood Recurve Bow (148 fletching)
see note Planing Tool have to buy once for 10.709p, but item is not consumed
0.010p Hemp Twine
15.749p Ashwood Bow Staff
total cost = 15.759p, sell back = 14.952p
Tinkered Catapult (135 tinkering)
15.759p Shaped Ashwood Recurve Bow as made above
0.072p Firewater as made above
1.049p Metal Twine
7.349p Gears
7.349p Sprockets
total cost = 31.578p, sell back = 38.095p
Net Profit per Successful Combine = 6.517p

NOTE: This is almost certainly a bug in the eyes of Sony. They will eventually fix this. Enjoy it while you can. It still works as of March 2005, even though it was /bug reported to them many months ago.

9. LvL 40 quest in Lavastorm (by Bonhing)

New Quest in Lavastorm. Very simple for a nice item. Kill various mobs in Sol A to get four (4) Fiery Ore and then give the to named miner in Lavastorm Mountains. His name is Miner Welnik and he is located at (pos) 1027 (pos) 492 (neg) 73 on a small hill near Sol A entrance tunnel. He will Give you a new ring (Glowing Magma Ring). You also get experience for the quest. There are no faction adjustments for doing this quest. The ring stats are AC 6, Dex +7, Wis +7, Int +7, HP +45, Mana +40, Endurance +40, SV Fire +5, SV Magic +5, SV Poison +10. It has a REQUIRED level of 40. Class ALL, Race ALL and is a LORE item.You have to wait one hour in between turn-ins. If someone else just turned it in then you must wait one hour.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=33724

10. plat farmin strategies

I recently had a friend ask me to help him with loot of the howler in Velks

it took us 30 mins to get him to pop first time but after that i stayed and boxed LDOG camp fro named dogs got 1 spawn of a named each hour but unfortunatly only loot of howler dropped twice adn sold overnight for 10k took me 4hrs to get 1 for me and one for friend lots of gems and spells

will update with safe warp point once i get updated again there is a safe spot and 4 easy pulls if you at 64+ my necro can solo these but the champions summon and even with nosumon its a 100 to 200 hp hit (necro only has 2khp) but with my 65 bst and 64 necro i owned 10 mobs and continuous pullin to safe point with only 1 room havin a add problem

*note* i found out you can warp anywhere you want if your fd as a necro but your pet has to run there (and he draws no agro)

also i noticed a undead spectre down in velks anyone know if he is charmable my necro does not have dire charm but would be good info

found it decent aa xp also and great 53+ xp for my cleric

11. Decent Plat in Frontier Mountains

frontier mountains in teh giant frot they con db to green to me at 42, except for the named ones at the bottom of the cave which are red... The majority of them drop 1-3 plat in coin, and also drop leg choppers, lumberjack caps, and a tunic of some sort taht i forget the name that has liek -10 charisma... The tunics sell fro 40+ pp and teh same with teh leg chopeprs, and teh caps sell for abotu 15pp. Theya lso drop hill giant toes, btu the best thing is that they are all very common drops. the only downside is that the leg chopper is lore... nothing else is though.

12. Crystal farming

This is a little trick ive been using to farm a few more crystals per mission. I dont see this mentioned anywhere so thought i would post it. I've found that you can have multiple characters on the same account in a mission and receive crystals even though they are not online. I have 2 buff bots sitting in lavastorm, an enchanter and ranger on my clerics account, and what i do is, after ive got the mission i log my cleric out then log the buff bot toons on 1 at a time, add them to the mission while they are buffing, log my cleric back on then go complete the mission. When i log the chanter and ranger online after i'm done, they both have crystals and a faction stone on them like they were online doing the mission.

13. Farming plat in Veksar...

Haven't checked prices in awhile, but here's what I used to hit for 20k or so per drop:

Kylong Darkmail Gauntlets from Highborn camp
Boots of the Kunzar Wanderer from left sewer camp
Gomdurig from Chef
Soulscream belt from shop camp
Most of Remains of Sythrax's drops

Would walk out with 80-100k a day if the bazaar was good. That was pre-OOW though, so I'm guessing things have changed.

Anyone do this camp anymore?

http://web.syr.edu/~tjmyers/platfarm/veksar.html

14. Easy plat, while you sleep!

First post so bear with me. Great idea for newbies. Forgive me if this was posted previously but I haven't seen it. Celestial essences are a widely needed and tedious (unless you have MQ2 and the tradeskill macro) subcombine for tradeskill items. Very simple to make,

-Scent of Marr cost 1.574 plat Loran Thu`Leth in PoK sells it. Area where the poison vendors are. Upstairs. Loc: -119, +1410

-Celestial Solvent cost 0.125 plat same area but downstairs on the general merchant guy

combine in a mixing bowl, no fail combine. Buy "X" stacks of each item, Set the tradeskill macro, go watch tv, come back and set up your trader. Sell rather quickly in bazaar @ cost of less than 2 plat I sell for 4 plat and rarely have any left when I wake up. It will not make you rich, but if you need some cash and don't have alot of time to play, this could be your answer

15. plat farming strat for higher lvls

Ive been doing this since my bst and druid have been lvl 60.

There are 3 named in umbral plains that drop bracelets +15 for each stat (Bracelet of Sense +15 wis Bracelet of Comprehension +15 int Fortitude stam Quickness (agi and dex) Might str forget the name of the one for cha).

Anyway they spawn every 8 hours.

Gantru dralkenr is the easiest one and can easily pull to zone in (track helps since he roams around near zonein).

And Tarwo and Radir, these are alittle harder but easy for me to duo with 70 bst and 68 druid.

Tarwo you can warp to kill him and he spawns Spirit of tarwo that hits a bit harder and has more hp. Pull Tawro to hall because he immediately spawns the spirit at spawn point in case you want to med after tawro fight.

Similarly you can warp to radir but he has 4 adds in his room. I can take on all 4 adds plus the named with my combo because i have really good gear but you might want to bring cc to handle adds. I usually slow them all and kill adds first while name beats on me.

I use to be able to sell the bracelets easily for 10k each now I sell them for 2k but that is still 18k a day for me. IF you do not have a powerful combo you can just do gantru dralkenr and tarwo. Once every 3 days Zelnithak spawns also so you can add him in there for another one but he is even harder to duo, but i manage him ok. Tarwo, Radir and Zelnithak also drop decent twink loot if you want to park them there and warp in to loot.

16. Gunthak / Dulaks / Highkeep - a few k per hour.

Highhold Keep
lvl 50+

This well known strat is in the plat guide, but we left some things out. You don't have to zone or gate to sell your Fine Steel weapons (5p each), because there are two vendors here who will sell to anyone.

Tarn Visilin is one of them. He is indifferent to everyone, even if you kill HHK guards all day, and will never stop selling to you. He's also the guy who sells enchanter spells. To get to him quickly, I use
/target Tarn
/face target
if you don't have MQ2 working yet, get to work on it! We're here to help you with stuff like that.

Since you can zone with pets now, try killing the guards outside of HHK as well. Placeholders, like the DE females and captains don't drop any FS weapons, but they respawn as guards sometimes.

Dulak's Harbour
lvl 50+

Mobs near the entrance have low hp and AC, and are great for killing in mass amounts. They drop a few p in coin each, and high-merchant value items, as well as gems are quite common.

Make your way to one of the boats when those mobs are dead, and keep looting. Keep going back and forth until your bags are full, and then hit the Plane of Knowledge book near the lighthouse dock and sell.

Gulf of Gunthak
lvl 50+

This is more of a tribute camp than plat camp. In the Luggald Fort, there are a ton of named mobs that die fast. Stay there for an hour or two, load up your bags, and you'll have enough tribute to last you 24 hours.

There is a PoK book in Gunthak of course, making the trip from your tribute master back to the luggald fort pretty fast.

Faster of course if you use the /warp or /zone plugins with MQ2.

One of my favorite places is Sebilis. Pyramid and jails have been nerfed, so thats not so cool, anymore. However, Disco1&2 will yield you some nice gems(and old world drops). With /warp you can get into the crypt and camp the silken whip of ensnaring which you can sell easily for 5k+, because 2boxers love snare. To do this you will need to be 60+ most likely, if not higher.
Another in seb is camping the spore king. He drops the fungi tunic worth an easy 60k. Of course, you will need a lvl 65 with some AAs, no doubt.
I do have something for lvl 35+. The higher above 35 the better. http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/...html?quest=2718
A weapon with snare that procs at lvl 15. I've sold this 3 times for 5k, and they go fast! It is a lenghty camp. Takes me anywhere from 1 - 2.5 hrs to get this. Good for people who don't have real cash(or choose not to) to buy plat. Rathe Mtns is a good 1k+ per hour(50+) as well since its always empty nowadays.
Good luck!

Well for those of us who dont have the MQ2 installed yet..hehe there is a bunch of merchants to sell to as well as a bank in the lighthouse in Gunthak. Prolly pointing out the obviuos, but as it wasn't posted figured i'd lend my 2cp =)
So then ya can keep grindin. Know for a fact also that Lady D, second boat on the harbor is a medium spawn and very soloable at around 55. Few named spawn (not very good items) and tons of gems drop. Weight reduct bags are a plus as the sheilds that drop are pretty heavey.(sell for around 7p)
But yah you can make a bundle in Dulak. Boat's get proggresively harder btw so you can farm plat and xp all the way up to 65 i believe

17. Want plat? read this..

These are logical legit ways of getting plat that i discovered!

[for 53+ necro's]
Ok here it is, ooc out in pok, bazaar, and anywhere ask people if they have an alt they would like to sac for 200 plat a sac, i was doing this earlyer today and got about 500k rofl, i had a line of people wanting to sac their alts, i sacced for 200 plat and sold em for 300-400 each, and you know whats funny? other people sell em for 500+ so your making a freaking awsome deal here, im not kidding i made 497k in one day of doing this! Wanna know why this guide is efficiant? Its because necro's spells require this, they cant just pull it out of no where they have to go to you, these will never become outdated!

[for 65+ ae classes]
Ok this one is best used with a druid/wiz or bard but can be done with any class, i know there are other highkeep guides but do this one, there are 50 guards up in high keep, each drop about 5+ plat off body and fine steel sells for 5.2plat each, pull em all they dont hurt a 65+ much, ae em and they are dead in 2 upheavels (for druids) sell em and you just made 500+ plat, they respawn in another 10 mins so do it over, its fast and all you have to do is run around highkeep and ae em at the end.

[for 66+ with 1 box or if your good solo]
Ok goto nobles causeway, (ill get the loc when i get home so you can warp) this camp can be camped alot but if it isnt your raking in 20k+ an hour np. Just go straight out until you reach an area with alot of diff mobs and it has a path going into the back and all... well camp in the path, there is a mob that wanders through there and that is a ph of a mob that drops runes (runes sell for 10-15k) also there is another spawn next to you its one of those casters.. god im going to get a screen shot but you will find it, just kill everything around there and if you kill the camp with the two mobs that cast you will get another named that drops runes. Its best if you box this camp, the mob is like level 66 and doesnt hit hard. Also you dont need to clear anything to get to these nameds!!

Compiled Plat Guide
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back