• IS THIS SITE UGLY? Click "RG3" at the very bottom-left of this page to change it. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Tech - come to me and follow me

RedCents
430¢
For those not in the know,
Patch Mq2
/plugin mq2targetinfo

Adds "Come to Me" and "Follow Me" buttons to group window. One of the best QoL features in a long time.

RedCents
3,909¢
Im scared to try those buttons.....I did notice when I went to my find window my toon ran itself to its target...that was impressive!

eqmule

MQ2 Lead Dev
RedCents
19,495¢
If you have the Mimic Me button checked and select a destination in the find window, all group members will run to it.

RedCents
36¢
ok tell me where to distribute my thanks. well deserving too I might add

kaen01

RedCents
803¢
it will not work if the group window is heavily modified, but just texture changes is fine.

RedCents
338¢
i thought i used sparxx... but i'm in the opposite boat. i see follow me, but not the mimic me or come to me buttons. to be fair i've had a "come to me" hotkey for quite a while now, and will likely still use it since these are just for your group and i tend to have more than 1 group depending on how many of a friend's toons i'm running.

Update, i started loading pieces from the default folder to check out the buttons, even from default i'm only getting "come to me" and "follow me". still can't find a mimic me button

Last edited:

eqmule

MQ2 Lead Dev
RedCents
19,495¢
It’s likely a edit to your sparxx EQUI_GroupWindow.xml is needed.
I pick up a couple buttons from the file and if they don’t exist or are at the wrong position my buttons won’t be where I designed them to show up. I base my buttons on where the invite button show up.

Or just copy over the default one to your sparxx ui folder, it’s worth it.

RedCents
687¢
I pick up a couple buttons from the file and if they don’t exist or are at the wrong position my buttons won’t be where I designed them to show up. I base my buttons on where the invite button show up.

Would it be possible to give them their own window? Be kinda nice to have a window with them and that can be added to in the future. I love the idea.... but it makes my group window way to big and cumbersome to use like that.

RedCents
2,176¢
Replacing the group window does work, but it is kind of huge compared to the sparxx window. Definitely agree with deathlock that a unique window would be amazing if it were possible. If not I will attempt to edit the sparxx window.

kaen01

RedCents
803¢
eqmule do you just add them on top of where the lfg button is located and leave the lfg button to how it set in the xml file?, cause for buffwindow in the target window you dont quite do that

eqmule

MQ2 Lead Dev
RedCents
19,495¢
I won’t create another window for this, these buttons belong in the group window since they perform group actions, you best bet is to modify your custom ui to conform.
I can however create a inifile so you can set button x,y to whatever u like, right now they are hardcoded and that is not ideal when not using the default ui.

And Kaen, I don’t understand the question, I didn’t take the lfg button into account at all.

kaen01

RedCents
803¢
if i remember correctly, in the target window, you attach the information to the buff window.

so i was wondering if you did the same with the buttons in the group window based of the lfg button.

also if you do the ini file thing

[Button1]
Location=x,y
Size=x,y

size growing out from the location, and that being the top left corner of the button.
if that makes sense.

eqmule

MQ2 Lead Dev
RedCents
19,495¢
Not gonna be able to adjust size, it’s based on hot button size

RedCents
338¢

This is what i meant i did in my "update" even with the default group window from the default folder for some reason i still don't have the "mimic me" option for some reason.

now like i said, i've had /stick, and /nav to me hotkeys for a while now, so it's not a huge deal to me regardless, although i think the first time i tried it the mimic me option was likely on since they used the good /follow command (which i love), so i'm excited to get it, but not gonna throw a fit