• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem - Client [char 1] Disconnected...Client [char 2] Disconnected (1 Viewer)

Shuey

RedCents
10¢
Just installed everything tonight and what I do have installed seems to work great for about 15 minutes. After that one client at a time disconnects until my entire group is gone. EQBCS.exe is still open and I can load everyone back in then 15 minutes later they all disconnect again.

Looking for any ideas on what could be wrong.

Thanks!

Just thoughts from anon-tech.

1) Did you install the "Next" version, or bog-standard MQ2, when installing via Very Vanilla (VV)? Honestly, if you did a standard install, can I suggest, delete everything and re-install Next version.
2) Launch MQ Next and then one EQ session. Monitor for 15-30 mins and see if stable, but do nothing, just sit still in POK/Guild Hall. Don't install and Plugins or run any Macs for now. Test the basics and provide feedback,
3) If 2) ok, then load a 2nd EQ client and again just test stability for now, provide feedback.
4) Lets see if we get to 4.:)

p.s. suggest you connect to RG Discord. Maybe able to get "live" support, but may be better to wait till 2pm for US people to come online.
p.p.s. I'm at work so difficult to get too involved, sorry. But I'm running MQ Next and stable right now. Just to provide some comfort.

Just installed everything tonight and what I do have installed seems to work great for about 15 minutes. After that one client at a time disconnects until my entire group is gone. EQBCS.exe is still open and I can load everyone back in then 15 minutes later they all disconnect again.

Looking for any ideas on what could be wrong.

Thanks!
to confirm, you're trying to trying use macroquest (of any flavor, mq2/mq) on a truebox server like mischief are you - as they are unsupported and would not work

Just thoughts from anon-tech.

1) Did you install the "Next" version, or bog-standard MQ2, when installing via Very Vanilla (VV)? Honestly, if you did a standard install, can I suggest, delete everything and re-install Next version.
2) Launch MQ Next and then one EQ session. Monitor for 15-30 mins and see if stable, but do nothing, just sit still in POK/Guild Hall. Don't install and Plugins or run any Macs for now. Test the basics and provide feedback,
3) If 2) ok, then load a 2nd EQ client and again just test stability for now, provide feedback.
4) Lets see if we get to 4.:)

p.s. suggest you connect to RG Discord. Maybe able to get "live" support, but may be better to wait till 2pm for US people to come online.
p.p.s. I'm at work so difficult to get too involved, sorry. But I'm running MQ Next and stable right now. Just to provide some comfort.
Thanks, I don't think I installed next but I will uninstall everything and start clean as you suggested. Thanks!

to confirm, you're trying to trying use macroquest (of any flavor, mq2/mq) on a truebox server like mischief are you - as they are unsupported and would not work
Phinigel server. Thanks

Problem - Client [char 1] Disconnected...Client [char 2] Disconnected

Users who are viewing this thread

Back