• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Chase Loot (1 Viewer)

focus effect too? Or the IE still slightly better (raid) vs the new CoV t1/t2 grp pieces?

Focus effects will be better on Ice Encrusted, but after a certain point it won't matter a whole lot. Cherry pick important class focii (healing focus on neck for shammies/clerics, as an example) and then go full group gear after that. The chase gear was one expansion old in ToV. CoV makes that same gear two expansions old, which has traditionally meant that group gear all but catches up. I would go group gear for most stuff, with class-defining focii (as i mentioned) the exception.

Also, for tanks, I would MAYBE try to get a dodge 7 range item (Ice Encrusted), especially the tank bow item. BUT, that's absolutely it. Nothing else makes sense anymore to keep.

Focus effects will be better on Ice Encrusted, but after a certain point it won't matter a whole lot. Cherry pick important class focii (healing focus on neck for shammies/clerics, as an example) and then go full group gear after that. The chase gear was one expansion old in ToV. CoV makes that same gear two expansions old, which has traditionally meant that group gear all but catches up. I would go group gear for most stuff, with class-defining focii (as i mentioned) the exception.

Also, for tanks, I would MAYBE try to get a dodge 7 range item (Ice Encrusted), especially the tank bow item. BUT, that's absolutely it. Nothing else makes sense anymore to keep.
I'd say the Neck is more valuable than the Range, if you had to pick just one.... personally, as a Warrior, I parry 18% of attacks on average, but only dodge 1.5% of the time.

I'd say the Neck is more valuable than the Range, if you had to pick just one.... personally, as a Warrior, I parry 18% of attacks on average, but only dodge 1.5% of the time.

Oh yea, I forgot the dodge/parry mods were split. I've been legit raid geared for a while, so oooops.

Hmm. I should have been reading the focus bits. I just swapped out my bow for a range t2 drop on my tank. Maybe I should switch back. I have the necklace too. The base stats were so much better I didn't think to look. Thanks guys!

Question - Chase Loot

Users who are viewing this thread

Back