• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Changes to RG and VV (1 Viewer)

Bruhm

RedCents
220¢
So things have changed since I used RG last year prior to the crazy suspensions etc. Seems to have cooled down now.

So what do I need to do to get started again? If I plan to only use KissAssist .. can I use the old VV setup? Appreciate any information as I attempt to get set up again. Red cents still a thing? Think I was 20 or 30 away from scoring a month with them. Thanks guys! Itching to play again but worried I won't have anyone to ask questions about RG when I hop back on the test server.

Solution
Welcome back!

here is the info on how to get started/return and about redcents

Getting Started

Welcome to RedGuides, fellow EQ addict!

The best place to begin is our "New User Guide" video series, click this TV to watch:

This step-by-step series will teach absolute beginners how to control 6 characters at once while highlighting Nav, AutoLogin, and DanNet, which are fundamental plugins that will enhance every aspect of your game.

:rc A Redcent is the currency of our community. You can trade them in for Level 2 access, Krono, and more. Learn about them here:

MQ has had some really awesome major...
Welcome back!

here is the info on how to get started/return and about redcents

Getting Started

Welcome to RedGuides, fellow EQ addict!

The best place to begin is our "New User Guide" video series, click this TV to watch:

This step-by-step series will teach absolute beginners how to control 6 characters at once while highlighting Nav, AutoLogin, and DanNet, which are fundamental plugins that will enhance every aspect of your game.

:rc A Redcent is the currency of our community. You can trade them in for Level 2 access, Krono, and more. Learn about them here:

MQ has had some really awesome major updates

>>> you can check out the 'official release party' here <<<

There are a couple of small, yet important changes with MacroQuest vs the old MQ2 as explained > HERE <

Moving to MacroQuest mental notes:
1. mq2map click is Control+Shift+Click
2. new easyfind self travel is Control+Click (reminder in find window title bar)
3. new easyfind group travel is Control+Shift+Click
4. If you selected a destination in your zone guide and want to activate it you /travelto activate
5. /yes and /no are now aliases
6. your ini configuration files (like for kissassist) now reside in your "Config" folder and not your "Macro" folder
7. if you want the functionality of the MQ2 "MQ2TargetInfo" - They are now in 3 separate plugins: /plugin groupinfo /plugin targetinfo /plugin xtarinfo

RE: Dbg

they've been very clear in recent times about what they think about 3rd party stuff

the mega thread > here <. It is pretty long as you can see, but that's the place for the discussion on that, if you wanted to see what all that is about

Unfortunately, MacroQuest of any flavor is against > DBG's Terms of Service <
DBG's stance on 3rd party apps > here < 3rd party apps include things like MacroQuest and MySEQ

Solution
Thanks Sic, I'm sure it's not as daunting moving to the new RG layout, although a creature of habit I liked the old VV setup a lot. I loved the KA options bc I like tweaking the "code" although the plugins were great. I guess I was hoping I could still use VV since I don't use the plugs. I'll follow the setup guides to try to get used to the new nav stuff and everything.

I stopped raiding on live so the suspension threat no longer bothers me one bit. I just want to log in and kill a few hours in the evenings. Thanks again sir!

Thanks Sic, I'm sure it's not as daunting moving to the new RG layout, although a creature of habit I liked the old VV setup a lot. I loved the KA options bc I like tweaking the "code" although the plugins were great. I guess I was hoping I could still use VV since I don't use the plugs. I'll follow the setup guides to try to get used to the new nav stuff and everything.

I stopped raiding on live so the suspension threat no longer bothers me one bit. I just want to log in and kill a few hours in the evenings. Thanks again sir!
You sound a bit confused.

Redguides still does "very vanilla"

kissassist is still a thing

did you click on the links i shared? give em a whack

love when i hear someone is boxing on test i too came back to test due to not being able to raid on live anymore. welcome back and perhaps our paths may cross on test!!!!!

test server aka best server

You sound a bit confused.

Redguides still does "very vanilla"

kissassist is still a thing

did you click on the links i shared? give em a whack
No Sic, I was referring to the changes made earlier this year. I figured KA was still a thing, what I didn't know was with the changes that if I can just run VV and use KA ini files. I haven't logged in yet to see. And no I haven't clicked the links yet, I will this evening when I have time. I remember we moved away from the old platform and I think at the time you guys said the old programs would be good up to lvl 115 spells and skills etc etc again I didn't get a chance to use it bc that wad right around the massive suspension waves so I backed off bc I had raid toons on live. Thanks for the info though I will check them out tonight.

I used KA a lot bc 4 classes in my group didn't have plugs etc.

love when i hear someone is boxing on test i too came back to test due to not being able to raid on live anymore. welcome back and perhaps our paths may cross on test!!!!!

test server aka best server
Test is great, I don't see a reason to go back to live. Even with the limited raid scene on test there's still a ton of great people on test and a lot to do. Can always make new alts! Lol I'm on test with my wiz > redacted < these days.

Hell we should start up our own little raid force on Test (if/when I start to play again lol). Welcome back btw Bruhm
I'd totally do it!

i think a few on test have one but again due to everyone having tin foil hats and maintaining anonymity its def hard to meet each other lol
Test has had a version of open raiding for almost 20 years, if that's what you're referring to. The old TestServerFriends raiding isn't what it used to be. I think they are trying to keep it alive but they haven't gotten past TBM to give you an idea of how well ( or poorly ) it's been.

Test has had a version of open raiding for almost 20 years, if that's what you're referring to. The old TestServerFriends raiding isn't what it used to be. I think they are trying to keep it alive but they haven't gotten past TBM to give you an idea of how well ( or poorly ) it's been.
my buddy and I have attended one or two of the new tsf raids and no its not the same ... i was in LoB back in the day ... iirc thats the last iteration of an endgame raidguild test has had. when the darkened sea was released the new content rules killed LoB and a lot of that playerbase went onto TLP
myself and a couple friends are doing tov/cov raids now (just started into it the last couple weeks. when we found out the tsf raids were being streamed our tin foil hats sparkled and we stopped going

my buddy and I have attended one or two of the new tsf raids and no its not the same ... i was in LoB back in the day ... iirc thats the last iteration of an endgame raidguild test has had. when the darkened sea was released the new content rules killed LoB and a lot of that playerbase went onto TLP
myself and a couple friends are doing tov/cov raids now (just started into it the last couple weeks. when we found out the tsf raids were being streamed our tin foil hats sparkled and we stopped going
Man you aren't kidding, it's a far cry from a cohesive raid force. I wish it wasn't so pitiful, I also wasn't aware they were streaming or twitching those raids. I mean, we can 1 group some lvl 100 raids as is. I've done it and I'm sure you have. With humanoid sarnaks and assassinate, you can1 group some eok raids. Guys are 2 grouping grikklor raid in tov. Either way it's still a great server as long as you don't want to raid current content! Hey, at least it's not a toxic server or general chat haha.

I raid up to COV on Test - but I dont advertise anywhere, and i sneak about - campfire in, drop banner -Shhhh secret squirrel. - nobody saw me.
I will move on to TOL soon i think - but i'm in no hurry.

If people want assistance with raids - I'd be happy to help.

Also note - I am in Australia!

By any chance does anyone have any of the tradeable faded snowbound pieces up for sale on Test?

I copied my team and wanted to try out a few things but having a hard time upgrading gear.

Question - Changes to RG and VV

Users who are viewing this thread

Back