• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Catching Packets, need help please (1 Viewer)

r0b_ix

RedCents
Hey, I'm working on a few different plugins right now, and I could a bit of help. I am able to send the types of packets I need and all of that good stuff, but I can't figure out how to actually catch a packet before it gets sent (there are some packets that I would like to alter before they get sent). I know I need some type of hook and I'm pretty sure that mq2 has it built it, but I'm not sure where to look. If anyone could help me I would be very happy. Then I would be able to give a bit back to the board.

r0b_ix said:
Hey, I'm working on a few different plugins right now, and I could a bit of help. I am able to send the types of packets I need and all of that good stuff, but I can't figure out how to actually catch a packet before it gets sent (there are some packets that I would like to alter before they get sent). I know I need some type of hook and I'm pretty sure that mq2 has it built it, but I'm not sure where to look. If anyone could help me I would be very happy. Then I would be able to give a bit back to the board.

Ya... MQ2 has a callback for sending packets. You would need to code a callback for to add a recieve packets event. You could detour the existing detour and create OnSendPacket.....

Catching Packets, need help please

Users who are viewing this thread

Back