• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Casters group, healing and last slot questions (1 Viewer)

RedCents
251¢
Hello everyone,

I've been toying lately with two groups, a melee oriented and a caster oriented. Both groups are 65 and I like them both ; I think I am gonna use the caster oriented group because of the QoL (ports, hard CC, CoTH, etc ...), even if I like the melee group very much . This questions relate to the caster group. Current group composition :

1 - PAL : Driver, tanking. Goal is to have him raid geared
2 - DRU : Main healer, assisted by PAL, caster aDPS, decent DPS herself
3 - ENC : Hard CC, caster aDPS, OK DPS
4 - MAG : Emergency tank, probably main tank when I get into a new expansion and PAL lacks gear / AAs
5 - WIZ : Well, more DPS
6 - NEC : Same as the WIZ, but with more utility (FD + rez, corpse summon, mana taps, mana feed and so on)

Here are my questions :
1. Is the DRU going to cut it on main healer role when assisted by the PAL ?
2. I think there is some overlap on buffs not stacking between PAL and DRU (Reptile line vs Tunare line), is this a concern ?
3. I am wondering about the necro in slot #6. she somewhat can help DRU no to be mana starved. I like variety, but is she gonna benefit a lot from this group aDPS ? Will the group benefit a lot from her DPS since you gotta ramp up DOTs (named, raids, ...).
4. I got a CLR on the same account as the NEC. Would it be profitable to give main healing to CLR and let DRU DPS ? Replace DRU in this case ?
5. I got a WIZ on the same account as the NEC. Same question as above, but it would double up on wizzies ; Can 2 wizzies trigger fulmination ? Is fulmination that of a game changer ? I hear wizzies are not very good DPS nowadays

As toons are only 65, I am open to level up new chars on slots that could use a replacement.

Thank you !

1. Pal + Dru is strong. Druids can heal fine, there inefficiency is when DPS'n.
2. No concern.
3. Necros can help with mana, they also never run oom in modern game, so even if druid went nuke happy, and is low on mana just for heals, necro will keep you chugging along.
4. Not in modern game. CLR = safety blanket, but once AA and gear starts coming in, to much heals for a group. Gret for level'n (battle rez, alot of heals).
5. Wiz dont fulminate. They have alliance, but its a loss of DPS, due to cast time and mana cost. Wiz actually do fine in modern group game, just because it plays there strengths (short fights).

Play what you like, an alt is just a week away with MQ (one of the overlooked benefits).

1. Pal + Dru is strong. Druids can heal fine, there inefficiency is when DPS'n.
2. No concern.
3. Necros can help with mana, they also never run oom in modern game, so even if druid went nuke happy, and is low on mana just for heals, necro will keep you chugging along.
4. Not in modern game. CLR = safety blanket, but once AA and gear starts coming in, to much heals for a group. Gret for level'n (battle rez, alot of heals).
5. Wiz dont fulminate. They have alliance, but its a loss of DPS, due to cast time and mana cost. Wiz actually do fine in modern group game, just because it plays there strengths (short fights).

Play what you like, an alt is just a week away with MQ (one of the overlooked benefits).
I second this!

I have played with a group like yours and havent seen any problems thus far into ToL.
1-Pal
2-DRU
3-ENC
4-MAG
5-BST (I added the bst for buffs and it helps with mana regen fyi) (And also you have ports covered with DRU)
6-NEC

At first the DRU did use alot of mana but once you get them dialed in, they are great. Used KissAssist and been toying with wanting to start them up again since MQ2PAL and MQ2NEC are out atm.

Enjoy with what you have and your play style. I've beginning mixing groups a lot lately and expanding to classes i havent really understood for over 15 years

Hi
Hello everyone,

I've been toying lately with two groups, a melee oriented and a caster oriented. Both groups are 65 and I like them both ; I think I am gonna use the caster oriented group because of the QoL (ports, hard CC, CoTH, etc ...), even if I like the melee group very much . This questions relate to the caster group. Current group composition :

1 - PAL : Driver, tanking. Goal is to have him raid geared
2 - DRU : Main healer, assisted by PAL, caster aDPS, decent DPS herself
3 - ENC : Hard CC, caster aDPS, OK DPS
4 - MAG : Emergency tank, probably main tank when I get into a new expansion and PAL lacks gear / AAs
5 - WIZ : Well, more DPS
6 - NEC : Same as the WIZ, but with more utility (FD + rez, corpse summon, mana taps, mana feed and so on)

Here are my questions :
1. Is the DRU going to cut it on main healer role when assisted by the PAL ?
2. I think there is some overlap on buffs not stacking between PAL and DRU (Reptile line vs Tunare line), is this a concern ?
3. I am wondering about the necro in slot #6. she somewhat can help DRU no to be mana starved. I like variety, but is she gonna benefit a lot from this group aDPS ? Will the group benefit a lot from her DPS since you gotta ramp up DOTs (named, raids, ...).
4. I got a CLR on the same account as the NEC. Would it be profitable to give main healing to CLR and let DRU DPS ? Replace DRU in this case ?
5. I got a WIZ on the same account as the NEC. Same question as above, but it would double up on wizzies ; Can 2 wizzies trigger fulmination ? Is fulmination that of a game changer ? I hear wizzies are not very good DPS nowadays

As toons are only 65, I am open to level up new chars on slots that could use a replacement.

Thank you !

Replace spot 2 (Dru) with a SHM and replace spot 5 (Wiz) with a second Mage and you will Rock all Content.

Question - Casters group, healing and last slot questions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back