• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Bans - Can´not Cast on Nameds (1 Viewer)

RedCents
40¢
Hello everybody,

Please excuse my bad English, so translated with translator (germany). I have the following problem. If I start the Red Guide Lounger and start MQ2, but play my character myself, I cannot cast in Western Wastes at Nameds. As soon as I close the lounger and MQ2, everything works fine again. With my troop, the second magician casts without problems, only the one I play myself does not cast on Named. With trash, no problems. Could anybody give me some advice? Many Thanks

Greetings Myxin

Hello everybody,

Please excuse my bad English, so translated with translator (germany). I have the following problem. If I start the Red Guide Lounger and start MQ2, but play my character myself, I cannot cast in Western Wastes at Nameds. As soon as I close the lounger and MQ2, everything works fine again. With my troop, the second magician casts without problems, only the one I play myself does not cast on Named. With trash, no problems. Could anybody give me some advice? Many Thanks

Greetings Myxin
howdy Myxin,

sorry to hear your challenges.

Whare are you using for your mage? kissassist? rgmercs? or do you mean that with mq2 loaded you can't manually cast?

Thank you for your answer. i use kissassist. I box with 5 characters. I play the main (magician) myself and all the other assistants me. As soon as a named appears and I attack it, I cannot cast with my self-played magician. The spells cannot be selected, as soon as I close Kissassist and MQ2, everything goes back to normal.

Thank you for your answer. i use kissassist. I box with 5 characters. I play the main (magician) myself and all the other assistants me. As soon as a named appears and I attack it, I cannot cast with my self-played magician. The spells cannot be selected, as soon as I close Kissassist and MQ2, everything goes back to normal.
this sounds like a spell locked gem situation that coincidentally occurs with a named

do you have a bard in your group that uses quicktime?

[General]
KissAssistVer=12.001
Role=Assist
CampRadius=30
CampRadiusExceed=400
ReturnToCamp=0
ChaseAssist=0
ChaseDistance=25
MedOn=1
MedStart=30
MedStop=100
MedCombat=0
LootOn=0
RezAcceptOn=1|90
AcceptInvitesOn=1
GroupWatchOn=0
GroupWatchCheck=FALSE
CorpseRecoveryOn=0
EQBCOn=1
DanNetOn=0
DanNetDelay=20
IRCOn=0
CampfireOn=0
CharInfo=Magician|115|GOLD
DPSMeter=1
ScatterOn=0
XTSlot=0
DefaultUI=TRUE

[Spells]
MiscGem=8
MiscGemLW=0
MiscGemRemem=1
LoadSpellSet=2
SpellSetName=kissassist
CastingInterruptOn=0
Gem1=Shield of Destiny
Gem2=Restless Symbiosis
Gem3=Twincast
Gem4=Gather Potency
Gem5=Renewal of Evreth
Gem6=Composite Companion
Gem7=Burnout XIV
Gem8=Wand of Frozen Modulation
Gem9=Riotous Servant
Gem10=Shockwave of Many
Gem11=Chaotic Pyroclasm
Gem12=Spear of Molten Komatiite
Gem13=Spear of Molten Arcronite

[Buffs]
BuffsOn=1
BuffsSize=11
Buffs1=Summon Modulation Shard|Summon|Summoned: Radiant Modulation Shard|1
Buffs2=Wand of Frozen Modulation|Summon|Wand of Restless Modulation|1
Buffs3=Summoned: Radiant Modulation Shard|mana|75
Buffs4=Wand of Restless Modulation|mana|75
Buffs5=Elemental Conversion|mana|50
Buffs6=Thaumaturge's Unity|DUAL|Chaotic Bestowal|Me
Buffs7=Restless Symbiosis|Dual|Restless Symbiosis Recourse|Me
Buffs8=Shield of Destiny|Me
Buffs9=Circle of Igneous Skin|MA
Buffs10=Arcane Distillect|Aura
Buffs11=Gather Potency|mana|20
RebuffOn=1
CheckBuffsTimer=10
PowerSource=NULL

[Melee]
AssistAt=99
MeleeOn=0
FaceMobOn=0
MeleeDistance=75
StickHow=snaproll
AutoFireOn=0
UseMQ2Melee=0
TargetSwitchingOn=0

[GoM]
GoMSHelp=Format - Spell|Target, MA Me or Mob, i.e. Rampaging Servant Rk. II|Mob
GoMSize=1
GoMSpell1=NULL

[GMail]
GMailHelp=Events currently support - Dead,Drag,GM,Level,Named,Leftgroup,Tells
GMailOn=0
GMailSize=1
GMail1=NULL

[AE]
AEOn=0
AESize=1
AERadius=50
AE1=NULL

[DPS]
DPSOn=1
DPSSize=9
DPSSkip=0
DPSInterval=0
DPS1=Malaise|99|malo|always
DPS2=Riotous Servant|99
DPS3=Composite Companion|99
DPS4=Twincast Rk. III|99|Cond1
;must specify the rank or will NOT work
DPS5=Shockwave of Many|99|Cond2
DPS6=Chaotic Pyroclasm|99|Cond3
DPS7=Spear of Molten Komatiite|99
DPS8=Spear of Molten Arcronite|99
DPS9=Forceful Rejuvenation|99|Cond4
DebuffAllOn=0

[Aggro]
AggroOn=1
AggroSize=4
Aggro1=Arcane Whisper|80|>
Aggro2=Dimensional Shield|85|>
Aggro3=Companion of Necessity|99|>|Mob
Aggro4=Drape of Shadows|99|>
Aggro2nd=0

[Heals]
Help=Format Spell|% to heal at i.e. Devout Light Rk. II|50
HealsOn=1
AutoRezOn=0
HealsSize=5
Heals1=Heart of Froststone|90|Me
Heals2=Shield of the Elements|40|Me
Heals3=Companion's Fortification|80|Pet
Heals4=Renewal of Evreth|60|Pet
Heals5=Mend Companion|50|Pet
XTarHeal=0
XTarHealList=Xtar slots here Example: 5|6|7
HealGroupPetsOn=0
RezMeLast=0

[Cures]
CuresOn=0
CuresSize=1
Cures1=NULL

[Pet]
PetOn=1
PetSpell=Manifestation of Water
PetFocus=NULL
PetShrinkOn=1
PetShrinkSpell=Stoneshadow Balefire Ring
;make sure to change it to whatever clicky item or spell you are using for shrink
PetBuffsOn=1
PetBuffsSize=5
PetBuffs1=Iceflame Rampart
PetBuffs2=Burnout XIV
PetBuffs3=Companion's Aegis
PetBuffs4=Second Wind Ward
PetBuffs5=Host in the Shell
PetCombatOn=1
PetAssistAt=99
PetAttackDistance=60
PetToysSize=1
PetToysOn=1
PetToys1=Grant Yalrek's Armaments|Summoned: Silver Shortsword|Summoned: Silver Shortsword
PetToysGave=Bolek|Grant Yalrek's Armaments:Summoned: Silver Shortsword1|Grant Yalrek's Armaments:Summoned: Silver Shortsword2
PetBreakMezSpell=NULL
PetRampPullWait=0
PetSuspend=0
MoveWhenHit=0
PetHoldOn=1
PetForceHealOnMed=0

[Merc]
Help=To use: Turn off Auto Assist in Manage Mercenary Window
MercOn=0
MercAssistAt=92

[Burn]
BurnAllNamed=1
UseTribute=0
BurnSize=8
Burn1=Focus of Arcanum
Burn2=Companion's Fury
Burn3=Host of the Elements
Burn4=Servant of Ro
Burn5=Heart of Skyfire
Burn6=Spire of Elements
Burn7=${InvSlot[Chest].Item.Name}
Burn8=Improved Twincast

[Pull]
PullWith=Pet
PullMeleeStick=0
MaxRadius=350
MaxZRange=50
UseWayPointZ=0
PullWait=5
PullRadiusToUse=90
PullRoleToggle=0
ChainPull=0
ChainPullHP=90
PullPause=30|2
PullLevel=0|0
PullArcWidth=0
PullOnReturn=0

[PullAdvanced]
PullLocsOn=0

[AFKTools]
AFKHelp=AFKGMAction=0 Off, 1 Pause Macro, 2 End Macro, 3 Unload MQ2, 4 Quit Game
AFKToolsOn=1
AFKGMAction=1
AFKPCRadius=500
CampOnDeath=0
ClickBacktoCamp=0

[KConditions]
ConOn=1
CondSize=4
Cond1=!${Me.Buff[Twincast Rk. II].ID} && !${Me.Buff[Improved Twincast].ID} && !${Me.Buff[Twincast].ID} && !${Me.Buff[Twincast Rk. III].ID}
Cond2=${Spawn[${Target.ID}].NearestSpawn[6,pcpet radius 35].ID} || !${Me.Pet.Buff[Theft of Essence]}
Cond3=!${Me.Buff[Improved Twincast].ID} || !${Me.Buff[Twincast].ID} || !${Me.Song[Flames of Power].ID} || !${Me.Song[Conjurer's Synergy].ID}
Cond4=${Target.Named} && !${Me.SpellReady[Chaotic Pyroclasm]}

Do I have to enter the / melee plugin = 0 in the MQ2 chat, or is that in my ini?

Yes, I play my magician myself, because I pull with it and tanks with Pet. That works perfectly, only with nameds I can no longer cast.

Myxin is one of my ingame-friends. As I talked with him via TS about this case, Ill try to help to explain/translate, despite the fact, that my english isn't much better.
-this problem exist since serveral days and has been there already b4 KA12 went live
-until KA12 went live, Myxin ran KA11
-the ini posted usually runs only on the second mage in group, as Myxin like to play the main mage by himself
-when it happens that he almost can't cast anymore, the spells are not greyed out ... after serveral attempts, eventually a spell can be cast but the problem remains. So for the next cast again, hes blocked for multiple seconds until it goes off
- when this happens the log shows 'you can not use this xxx, at this time' about as often as he attempted to cast
-once the named is down, at the following trashmobs pulled, this effect, not beeing able to cast, does not exist anymore

hi myxin, what tool are you using in mq2? mq2melee? afnuke? kissassist? rgmercs? xgen? muleassist?
kissasist for all chars in group, but main mage

Myxin is one of my ingame-friends. As I talked with him via TS about this case, Ill try to help to explain/translate, despite the fact, that my english isn't much better.
-this problem exist since serveral days and has been there already b4 KA12 went live
-until KA12 went live, Myxin ran KA11
-the ini posted usually runs only on the second mage in group, as Myxin like to play the main mage by himself
-when it happens that he almost can't cast anymore, the spells are not greyed out ... after serveral attempts, eventually a spell can be cast but the problem remains. So for the next cast again, hes blocked for multiple seconds until it goes off
- when this happens the log shows 'you can not use this xxx, at this time' about as often as he attempted to cast
-once the named is down, at the following trashmobs pulled, this effect, not beeing able to cast, does not exist anymore

kissasist for all chars in group, but main mage
So he is not using anything on the Mage he is controlling, and still this happens. That is correct?

If you're still running mq2 on the manual mage(to send commands to others presumably) then maybe try running plugin manager
/Plugin mq2pluginmanager load
Then turn off everything that's not necessary while manually playing. See if this helps. Idk why it would only be on nameds unless you have an ini somewhere that is running on the manual mage doing something weird with burn named. If you're not using dannet or eqbc to send commands, try just unloading it altogether on the manual mage, keeping it running on the others.

hmm this seems like a weird problem, is it only on named mobs?, what plugins does he run on the manual mage? if he could provide a list using the /mac version, then posting the version.ini for us to look through.

/mac version, runs a macro that creates a list and some info about your mq2 and what plugins you have, like the mq2 version and such, and the version.ini is the file that the info is stored in, and its easy to post.

Thx i have found Version.ini here is the Content

[MQ2]
MQ2=2020.12.15.0
Internal=RedGuides
Build Date=20210105
Ping=29
[Errors]
Error=DoCommand - Couldn't parse '/clip command'
SyntaxError=NULL
MQ2DataError=NULL
[Plugins]
mq2feedme=4.20
mq2bzsrch=2.00
mq2react=0.10
mq2advpath=9.20
mq2dpsadv=1.60
mq2dannet=0.75
mq2autoforage=2.30
mq2twist=3.00
mq2posse=1.09
mq2targetinfo=2.30
mq2rez=3.80
mq2portalsetter=1.00
mq2nav=1.33
mq2moveutils=12.40
mq2melee=8.80
mq2map=1.00
mq2itemdisplay=1.00
mq2exchange=4.00
mq2eqbugfix=1.00
mq2eqbc=19.06
mq2easyfind=2.00
mq2chatwnd=1.00
mq2cast=11.40
mq2autologin=2.90
mq2autoaccept=2.13
mq2ic=1.00

I also entered it into my magician, but I couldn't see a reaction in the chat either. The only thing I noticed today, I was able to cast twice with named casting without any problems. However, that could also have been a coincidence.

I will continue testing today and maybe there is a solution based on the /mac version list.

@Saffron That's very likely the solution.
This message "you can not use this at this moment" or alike which I found at the logs at the times he couldn't cast made me think: the char seems busy at this moments, despite Myxin declared the spells are 'white' and not greyed out. All entries in the burn section are AAs apart from bp-click. While running througt the burn section, it should be hard to squeeze casts within between. After serveral cast-attempts sometimes a cast went off.

We'll check this out tomorrow, as both of us are already logged out for some time.

Good luck. At least if turning off burning named allows you to cast it would at least give you something to focus on, or just leave it off since they are driving the toon anyway.

eA view minutes ago I wiped on this issue after I pulled a nemed. Now I have unloaded some plugins, here is the update. Will try further.

[MQ2]
MQ2=2020.12.15.0
Internal=RedGuides
Build Date=20210105
Ping=24
[Errors]
Error=NULL
SyntaxError=NULL
MQ2DataError=NULL
[Plugins]
mq2feedme=4.20
mq2bzsrch=2.00