• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - Burn out (1 Viewer)

RedCents
731¢
I hit the burnout mark again, it seems every 6 months or so i get burned out and quit for awhile, usually quit for a few months or longer. is that the case with you all? how long do you play eq without a break? It can also be tough when you 6 box and keeping them all gold, can get expensive. I play on FV where krono now costs 6m.

howdy Joe - i think it happens to most folks here and there.

it is especially meh when the past couple of xpacs have been kind of thin and you run out of content quickly.

if you're a TLP player at least there are summer TLPs - but unfortunately doesn't look like another boxing tlp :(

the good news is it is almost great weather season, and the game will be there when you're back.

I was really hoping they'd add some new content mid-xpac (like a progressive type thing like the rallos earring) - there was a rumor that we'd something --- but you know how eq and rumors go?

It's the weather. I disappear almost every Summer. I can't remember a Summer when I didn't stop playing for a few months. Look outside, who can resist that!

Funny, Dec-March I'm always out and about but then I like skiing..

As to the OP - I'm a beta player that typically takes a break once a year myself. Usually because to Sic's point all the expac is finished. Some times I supplement with TLP and I may start up my gorup on Riz again in a few months. We'll see but definitely need regularly breaks just because only so much to do.

Same here, as soon as it starts getting warm outside I spend a lot of my free time fishing and anything else that is outdoors. Little busier lately getting house ready to sell and move etc

Hey Joe,

You're definitely not alone! I personally cycle through a few MMOs just playing through the new content. Keeps it more fresh and engaging for me and lets me change my goals. Shadowlands came out two years ago and I took an EQ break for WoW, came back and finally beat a current expac when that got stale (did ToL), played ESO for a bit, path of exile season for a few weeks, then came back to EQ and working on a few things on TLP. I think the days back in 99 where you play one game religiously are just gone. The burnout is normal. Take a step back, do something else for a bit, and it'll be there to enjoy when you get back. There are lots of great games out there nowadays, not to mention that game real life. I heard it has HD Graphics.

The game for me incorporates MQ so when I get tired of EQ I usually focus more on MQ. When I get tired of MQ I focus on EQ. I still burn out from time to time on either one, but I think doing it that way helps go a lot longer without leaving either one completely.

I play other games in between but EQ is the only MMO that I play. And MQ is a nice hobby that goes with it.

Ditto to echo everyone's comments so far. This is why I make multiple teams w/ multiple configurations...gotta say getting everyone all the anniversary clickies and that cool new mount has me burnt out...after Hardcore Heritage I might take a few weeks to recharge

Ditto to echo everyone's comments so far. This is why I make multiple teams w/ multiple configurations...gotta say getting everyone all the anniversary clickies and that cool new mount has me burnt out...after Hardcore Heritage I might take a few weeks to recharge

I have been thinking about starting a caster group, I have always just run a melee group and never really messed with casters since I started boxing. Is it something that is viable these days?

I have been thinking about starting a caster group, I have always just run a melee group and never really messed with casters since I started boxing. Is it something that is viable these days?
I run a SK as tank, WIZ,SHM,MAG,ENC,DRU and they do pretty well. If you want more dps though, I would drop the DRU and WIZ and add 2 more mages to Sic's point.

Mages and necro. Necro is just so sexy right now. They’re a little behind my mages on any fight lasting less than 20 seconds. Beyond that, their dps is pretty wild. Right now I got a group that’s 117 consisting of 2 necros and 1 mage. Hoping for good things at 120 when I finish with Necro ini.

Also, Necro never runs out of mana. After a long streak of pulling, mage and bard would be low but Necro just keeps on chugging. I think mage and Necro group does pretty well together. They compliment each other fairly well Compared to my all mage group that need a med break every 20 minutes.

I am thinking of running a SK/BRD/CLR/SHM/MAG/NEC....would this be an ideal group? I plan to play on test at first

I'm with Knightly. Playing with KA or setting up my group with that + other plugins is more fun than the actual game of EQ is. What burns me out is messing with Tradeskills! Once I get into EQ: Inventory Simulation, I get burnt out fast. It's especially bad at certain times of the year due to work or family wanting to go out into the sun.

I'm with Knightly. Playing with KA or setting up my group with that + other plugins is more fun than the actual game of EQ is. What burns me out is messing with Tradeskills! Once I get into EQ: Inventory Simulation, I get burnt out fast. It's especially bad at certain times of the year due to work or family wanting to go out into the sun.
Are tradeskills necessary for Live? How are they on test?

Are tradeskills necessary for Live? How are they on test?
They are extremely helpful because they're needed for higher end non raid gear in later expansions. They've done a lot of streamlining of how they work so that helps, but you need a lot of them. Test is somewhat easier in that regard in that it's easy to flood the server with mats, plat, and items. People will be rushing to parcel you millions of plat if you ask in general. So you can either take advantage of copies of templates, or take advantage of greater access to mats to do them yourself.

Flood Plat? I heard economy prices were low I'm just coming to live and I figured test was best to start

So I’m rebooting a mage/necro group right now. My sk, brd, shaman, 3 necro group is doing well. Still can’t quite keep up with the bst and 2 rogue or 2 ber groups but not too far behind. Mages will be next, they Were very solid in COV with water pets and coalition. Willl be interested to see how they fair in TOL.

Flood Plat? I heard economy prices were low I'm just coming to live and I figured test was best to start
I mean it's flooded with plat in that the economy is non existent. Most things you can just get for 1p. It's a positive. It's easier to obtain a lot of things, just contingent on someone copying a bunch over (or doing so yourself and repeating as much as you need).

When you get started up PM me your character name (or a parcel mule). I'll send you 10m plat or so to get you going.
Oh snap. That sounds like a plan. Lol thank you! Is almars guides still a good place for leveling paths? I'm considering myself very new to EQ, eventhough I know p99, eqemu well. Live is a different game for me.

Oh snap. That sounds like a plan. Lol thank you! Is almars guides still a good place for leveling paths? I'm considering myself very new to EQ, eventhough I know p99, eqemu well. Live is a different game for me.
I'm not sure where Almars stopped updating his guides at but they'll at least get you far enough to be competent on your own and figure it out from there.

I'm not sure about "burn out" but I definately go through levels of enthusiasm. Iv done times where Im pretty much playing 7 days a week to not even logging in for a week. But, still never got "burnt out" and quit or deleted any toons.

Doram,

Once you get to 75ish, the (self-sufficient) leveling path becomes very linear since you just move along to the single expack for that 5-level range. Almarr's works OK for leveling up to around 100.

It's pretty fun on your leveling path to revisit old hot spots and beat the piss out of stuff with defiant gear. Make sure you focus on gearing your tank 1st. Tank>melee>casters for gear priority.

What should I replace the CLR with? Maybe a zerk?
IMHO, since you are already looking at casters with mag/nec, I would drop bard for enc, and add another mag. Pretty solid synergy, and you could drop shaman for cleric giving you an SHD/CLR/ENC/MAG/MAG/NEC group. You are short some buffs, and not sure how you have accts setup, but you could shm buff outside of group if you set it up right acct wise.

Hmmm I can, yes, make s shm. I never played Enchanter. Do they performe well with KA?
I would recommend cwtn plugins for as many as you can. I do KA on the druid and trying to update the ini's for multiple situations and multiple toons is time consuming. My ENC rocks with cwtn plug in

Hmmm I can, yes, make s shm. I never played Enchanter. Do they performe well with KA?
All classes do, but are dependent on what you put in your ini. Garbage ini? Not going to perform well. But as long as you take a few minutes to read the why and what of your setup they can perform great with KA. But +1 to Psy, CWTN plugins are great.

Sic can comment on this but I am pretty sure on Test CWTN is free??

I would recommend cwtn plugins for as many as you can. I do KA on the druid and trying to update the ini's for multiple situations and multiple toons is time consuming. My ENC rocks with cwtn plug in
OK, I'm new here, but I know E3 and Basic MQ2 commands from emu.

What's CWTN?

Found the plugin. So, is there any setting up an ini file for this plugin? Or just run it and use the GUI?

OK, I'm new here, but I know E3 and Basic MQ2 commands from emu.

What's CWTN?

Found the plugin. So, is there any setting up an ini file for this plugin? Or just run it and use the GUI?
It's a plug in. Check Sic's signature (also below) for the description/video of each. You have to watch all the videos he made (yes it may take a few) but those and the FAQ will answer 99% of all your questions. They are the best option I have found. In fact, the only downside I can find is that they have not made one for every class 😋

CWTN Vid: Getting Started with CWTN plugins! (Movement, UI Window, Clickies, Pulling, ETC) Check Here First!
CWTN Class Vids: MQ2Bst || MQ2Berzerker || MQ2Cleric || MQ2Enchanter || MQ2Eskay || MQ2Mage || MQ2Monk || MQ2Rogue || MQ2Shaman ||MQ2War / CWTN Pulling Modes || CWTN UI

It's a plug in. Check Sic's signature (also below) for the description/video of each. You have to watch all the videos he made (yes it may take a few) but those and the FAQ will answer 99% of all your questions. They are the best option I have found. In fact, the only downside I can find is that they have not made one for every class 😋

CWTN Vid: Getting Started with CWTN plugins! (Movement, UI Window, Clickies, Pulling, ETC) Check Here First!
CWTN Class Vids: MQ2Bst || MQ2Berzerker || MQ2Cleric || MQ2Enchanter || MQ2Eskay || MQ2Mage || MQ2Monk || MQ2Rogue || MQ2Shaman ||MQ2War / CWTN Pulling Modes || CWTN UI
I've watched a few already. Thank you. I'll brush up on these.

I've been playing without a break longer than a week or two for the last 9 years. Sometimes I play every day, other times I only log in for guild raid a few days a week. But I usually hit a new xpac hard on release, knock it out and then go back to just raiding or grouping with friends. It helps that I have several other games on which to spread out my free time.

I lately started on a new server. I have decided to get everything on my own , instead of buying Krono to beef myself up
I will not be using bazzar either , been kinda interesting so far

you get a little more exited when out grinding and a ornate piece drops ...etc etc

Discussion - Burn out

Users who are viewing this thread

Back