• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Buffing while multi-boxing with multiple groups (1 Viewer)

Mistermach1

RedCents
10¢
I hope this is the right place to ask. I have searched for this topic and if it has been covered, I missed it, sorry.

I have 2 full groups of 6 running mostly with EQBCS/KA. I have been able to get them to join a raid group or simply fight together by the xtarget assist method.

My question is, is there a way to have a class in one group fully buff the players in the other group? Example: group 1 has a druid and group 2 does not. I want group 2 to all have chloroplast. Right now they won't do that when assisting.

Does the functionality of the buff monitoring in one group exist across all characters via some /bca command perhaps?

Anyway I have done a lot of guessing with no luck, thanks to anyone that has some input.

KA only watches in-group players via the buff tracker file. As part of the "keep it simple" KA code, there are very few raid functions.

Mass group buffing via Tranquil Blessings is included in Buffs though. It was added in the last 10.2.6 update which had so many cool new functions that I think MGB got over shadowed. I think the syntax is:
INI:
Buffs2=Arcronite Blessing|mgb

The notes from ctaylor22 about how it works:
Added Mass Group Buffing.
Uses Tranquil Blessing AA Not Mass Group Buff AA.
Will Not cast Group only spells(Group_V1).
You have to be in active or resting combat state.
Caster must NOT have the Buff.

I see. I thought that may be the case.

Does there exist a way through mq2 commands to set something like this up myself? Something like taking the group only buff watcher and copy it, substituting "raid" in place of "group?"

I clearly am new and just learning the commands, so if anyone has any input I'd love to hear it. Or if anyone can say definitively it cannot be done, that would also be useful.

MQ2 itself can read info from your EQ memory and run macros/plugins. It doesn't have a built in re-buffing system, so you'd need a macro or plugin to do the logic on when to buff.

One issue is other players/mobs current buffs aren't actually in your EQ memory. You have to request them from the EQ server, which is why there is a second or two lag when you first click on a new toon before the buffs populate. I think a toon only has current info on themselves and their pet.

KA gets around this by having each toon that is running KA on the same computer, write their own current buffs to a kissassist_buffs.ini file. Then each Buffing KA toon will use that file to see if anybody is missing one of their buffs. If you try to target each toon to get updates, you could wind up sending a ton of server info requests and attract unwanted attention.

One option would be to play around with the Buff code in KA. You might be able to expand the watched toons to a whole raid but it would require some programming changes.

You could also look into MQ2Netbots or Dannet plugins. These are two different systems that can relay info from one toon to another. I've seen people use them in raiding KA ini's to track stuff on the raid's main assist.

Maybe the simplest option would be to use a "/multiline" hotkey that tells your druid to pause their macro, target each group member and cast Chloro, then un-pause the macro.

If you are going to try to move beyond the 'keeping it simple' principles of KA, instead of fiddling with KA's code, you might want to look at other macros. I'll plug ModBot (of course), which will do what you are looking for.

I thought it was possible to do some buffs with healers threw watch extended target. A hit point, class, role tag, or even a name. Maybe i was reading a macro?

Kiss can buff multiple groups, but all characters must be running the same instance of MQ2. If you are running groups from different computers, then you will have to use MQ2Netbots. I believe woobs, ModBot uses Netbots.

It has been a while since I have looked at netbots, But you will still need to have an elaborate setup, getting everyone connected to the same EQBCS server, because that is what MQ2Netbots uses to communicate between users.

Question - Buffing while multi-boxing with multiple groups

Users who are viewing this thread

Back