• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Click "RG3" at the very bottom-left of this page to change it. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Brief (~40 sec) freezes upon zoning (1 Viewer)

RedCents
80¢
Hey all,

Still trying to figure all this out. It's coming together slowly but surely, mostly from just reading old posts on here.

I'm having an issue where all 3 of my boxes are briefly freezing for approx 40 sec - 60 sec during zone-ins. Is this just a function of slow internet service, or is this known to happen? Any fix? I've tried adjusting /fps 10,40 and it doesn't seem to help.

Thanks!

Sic

Nihil ᛗ
RedCents
10,883¢
Hey all,

Still trying to figure all this out. It's coming together slowly but surely, mostly from just reading old posts on here.

I'm having an issue where all 3 of my boxes are briefly freezing for approx 40 sec - 60 sec during zone-ins. Is this just a function of slow internet service, or is this known to happen? Any fix? I've tried adjusting /fps 10,40 and it doesn't seem to help.

Thanks!
are you in a guild with a large amount of people with "show offline" selected? try turning that off it so

also, try turning off mq2log if you have mq2log on

/plugin mq2log unload

RedCents
10¢
I've seen this be caused by being in a guild with a lot of players. Open guild tab and make sure the show offline players is unchecked.

*edit* sic beat me to it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)