• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

News - Brad McQuaid, designer of the game we're addicted to, has passed away (1 Viewer)

RedCents
11,628¢
Apparently Brad McQuaid (One of the creators of EverQuest, and Pantheon) passed away in his sleep last night. According to Pantheon's social media.

Never really liked him personally but I did play TorilMUD (He was a loot hog lol) with him before he got involved in creating EverQuest.

Last edited:
:(

When I saw this earlier, I wasn't sure if reports were getting mixed up with that other eq person

It's now been confirmed by multiple outlets that Brad McQuaid has passed away.

Thank you Brad for your part in making an incredible world that my friends, my siblings, and I spent large portions of our lives exploring. RIP.

Man just woke up to this news, a very sad day.

I know some people had issues with Brad, but I've always been a fan of his, I met him at the Velious launch party back in 2000 in Las Vegas, and spent awhile with him having a drink and chat and found him to be a really nice guy.

Sad times, RIP Brad and my thoughts and prayers to your family, god speed

Twenty years ago I started this mad addiction known as Everquest. And I have one person to thank for that but now he's gone. RIP Brad may your bind point be a green and pleasant place.

While I have my creative differences with how he ran things, it's always sad to see the passionate creators in this genre leave us. Sending good vibes to his family and friends. 51 is certainly too early.

This really hit me, I am so sad. I used to vent to him about lacking modern MMOs by email and half the time he would reply which was kind seeing as he probably was inundated with emails. He seemed a really nice guy and this is terrible news. He was a key part in making something that was such a big deal to a lot of people.

I didn’t know this guy at all, but I’ve been playing eq since day 1. I was only 9 years old at the time, so I feel like this hits me even though I don’t know him. I hope he rests in peace.

I hope they do a memorial for him in game in original Everquest. When I first quit Everquest, I ran my ranger to Kithicor and fought undeads till my ranger died. Then pulled the plug on my computer before respawn. It'd be cool to see
Aradune in Norrath still fighting the good fight.

Last edited:
Aradune definitely sticks out in my memory- that iconic green with the flaming sword. Especially back in the day before Soulfire was even known. He truly created a game that felt more like a world than a game.

Losing a loved one or a dear ol close friend is never easy. Millions of hearts are saddened about this as so am I. Hats off the you my man thanks for giving me the chance and opportunity to expand my mind with the game EverQuest. Dedicated since 99 and playing hard still to this day. Rest in heaven

They did a sword for Ticka and he was a player - not the creator like Brad was. So thinking along the lines of The Creator mentioned in Star Trek (Nomad refers to Captain Kirk as "the Creator ) there should be a huge ass monument in the middle of POK with a special bow in game.

I thought of something that might work for this Redbot , How about a permanent window that pops open on the toon select screen with a small memorial box like the changes box . Have some info and a little text about him and the game he gave us that we love. Then like someone mentioned above with the star trek episode with nomad and the creator title . It could be called MQ2Creator , add it to veryvanilla then those who didn't like him could just remove it and those who do could take a second to remember whenever they login .

Grimlock

1574728447126.png

Gone but never forgotten.. Rest in peace you created a life for some they could not have in real life. For some friends in this game are better then family on the outside. Never forget how everquest brought everyone together.

They put a monument up in East Karana. Apparently to the left of highpass path and on FV server, not sure if on others, haven't had a chance to check.

P 2660, -1410, 4, 0, 240, 0, 3, McQuaid_tribute

News - Brad McQuaid, designer of the game we're addicted to, has passed away

Users who are viewing this thread

Back