• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Box crew (1 Viewer)

RedCents
102¢
Hi

So I have a 115 mage and a shammy on gold at moment I have a bard 107 on silver that may go back to gold there is also a 88 sk on bard account
I have made a small box group to try mq2 with some going to group with above ones when high enough
I made 2 more mages .a sk cleric and a ranger
The 115 mage pet will be a tank till sk geared should I ditch the ranger and get a wizzie ?
So eventually group would be 3 mages bard shammy and sk

This sounds similar to the group I was going to make on Project Lazarus. Mage, Shaman, Bard, Monk, Warrior, Cleric. I was thinking about switching out something for an enchanter, but I'm not sure who yet. I know they get infection mezzes at some point which are really handy for oh crap moments.

Sk, shaman, bard and 3 mages is my core group and worked always very well for me. A very solid group able to handle any content.
3 mages is great to use alliance as well. Despite using water-pet it's helpful to use taunt on all pets always. This will cause the mob to swap target almost after any melee-round. The shaman with his hots and hot-similar group-heals will have no problems to keep all alive and even an undergeared sk can start to puller tank. I added the sk as the last char to the team, first just as puller, than followed as puller tank as gear and aa got on par. Now he can tank almost all content with his 2hander, as still often one of the pets catch a round of melee. That way he delivers very nice DPS, despite being the tank.
For content where multiple unmezzable mobs can be expected I have a hotbutton dedicating 1 magepet per add. So upto 4 unmezzable mobs can easily be handled without any trouble.
In the meantime on the bards account I growed an enchanter, a cleric and lately a bst. The enchanter I used, when ToV was new, to fight the eastern waste hero, where I had trouble to control the unregulary arriving adds. Those noe the Sk can easy tank all until the brd controls them.
The cleric I needed for the raid-trash, the Shaman alone was not able to keep the still growing sk alive.
The beast is still on its way to grow up. I am wondering if, once he's sufficient aa'd, he is able to increase the overall group-DPS over the possibilities if the bard.
Resumee: Sk, shm, bard and 3 mages for my feeling is a group with an more than decent average DPS, great to farm any stuff you need and reach max aa with ease. For mezzable mobs your bard does an excellent job, for camps with unmezzable mobs you have sufficient offtanks. For content which you deem still too hard for the team, you can fd-pull and still get the things done.

Last edited:
Sk, shaman, bard and 3 mages is my core group and worked always very well for me. A very solid group able to handle any content.
3 mages is great to use alliance as well. Despite using water-pet it's helpful to use taunt on all pets always. This will cause the mob to swap target almost after any melee-round. The shaman with his hots and hot-similar group-heals will have no problems to keep all alive and even an undergeared sk can start to puller tank. I added the sk as the last char to the team, first just as puller, than followed as puller tank as gear and aa got on par. Now he can tank almost all content with his 2hander, as still often one of the pets catch a round of melee. That way he delivers very nice DPS, despite being the tank.
For content where multiple unmezzable mobs can be expected I have a hotbutton dedicating 1 magepet per add. So upto 4 unmezzable mobs can easily be handled without any trouble.
In the meantime on the bards account I growed an enchanter, a cleric and lately a bst. The enchanter I used, when ToV was new, to fight the eastern waste hero, where I had trouble to control the unregulary arriving adds. Those noe the Sk can easy tank all until the brd controls them.
The cleric I needed for the raid-trash, the Shaman alone was not able to keep the still growing sk alive.
The beast is still on its way to grow up. I am wondering if, once he's sufficient aa'd, he is able to increase the overall group-DPS over the possibilities if the bard.
Resumee: Sk, shm, bard and 3 mages for my feeling is a group with an more than decent average DPS, great to farm any stuff you need and reach max aa with ease. For mezzable mobs your bard does an excellent job, for camps with unmezzable mobs you have sufficient offtanks. For content which you deem still too hard for the team, you can fd-pull and still get the things done.

Thanks for the reply im now looking forward to getting them all leveled , I like that sticking pets on to adds i do that now with RS pet on mage when i get stuck but wasnt thinking about the extra pets so thats a bonus and yer reason i was going for mages is alliance know how play one i hope and like idea of the alliance , I take it you have all 6 on gold? i would only be looking at having 3 on gold at the moment ,
I have swapped the ranger for a zerker they all only very low at moment like level 5 i cant decide if to level as a group or power level them
The SK tends to get eaten if i go for red mobs but the 2 mage pets tank fine so i may use them to tank till he higher and geared
Just waiting for servers come up ;)

Question - Box crew

Users who are viewing this thread

Back