• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Beta (1 Viewer)

RedCents
1,804¢
So I take it this program wont work on the beta? I notice that every thing you had on your toon is blank on the beta you have to re-do all your hot keys and such. Not sure if it is worth playing on it if you have to go through and re-do everything especially for 6 Chars.

So I take it this program wont work on the beta? I notice that every thing you had on your toon is blank on the beta you have to re-do all your hot keys and such. Not sure if it is worth playing on it if you have to go through and re-do everything especially for 6 Chars.
Actuall you can copy all your toon stuff from reg eq folder to beta and load it

As for mq2, works between them patching and next time DBG patches beta. Basically from evening till morning untill DBG stops daily patches in a coyple weeks

See the dropdown in your RG Launcher, which defaults to "Live"

1603499209965.png

Find the word "Beta" in that dropdown and you're set.

To get notifications for updates, see this resource:

See the dropdown in your RG Launcher, which defaults to "Live"

View attachment 25154

Find the word "Beta" in that dropdown and you're set.

To get notifications for updates, see this resource:
Well crap I didnt even think of that

Can you please elaborate on this a little bit more? I have a toon on normal EQ named "Toon" and then when i went into beta game (via the beta game launcher) i made a new toon called "Toonbeta". When Toonbeta logs into the beta world none of my KA stuff works. I also selected the "Beta" from the drop down you have highlighted in the picture above.

Also when i am in the RG Launcher and have beta selected then click Launch MQ2 i get the following message:
"It appears the MacroQuest2.exe does not exist in the selected installation location, has it been installed yet?"

And when i hit Open MQ2 Folder on RG Launcher it says:
"The selected folder does not exist."

Any help to get me to using KA in Beta would be wonderful thanks.

You will need a separate install of MQ2 (the beta version), ie if you change the drop down as pointed out by Redbot on the launcher window hit the settings button and you will see a directory setting - you need a folder for MQ2 Beta set to install to

Or you can manually download the MQ2 Beta from >Here< and unzip/run it from wherever you unzip to.

You'll need to copy of macro settings (your kiss ini's) and any other settings you have to the new directory, it is a fresh install.

If you have a character with a new/different name ,you will need to update the files to reflect that also

Question - Beta

Users who are viewing this thread

Back