• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Best practice for casting Spells, Items, AA? (1 Viewer)

RedCents
5,824¢
So in coming back I am very confused on what the best way to deal with spells, aa, items.
I am aware of a few methods out there and am starting to dig thru how all of them work, but would like thoughts from someone else so I dont have to dig into all of them

1. MQ2Cast
  2. MQ2Cast_Spell_Routines
  3. Spell_routines.inc
  4. kissassist does its own thing (I do like the idea of casting queues)
  5. core does its own thing

depends on if u plan on auto or playing toon full time
I personally play one toon and bot rest. Depending on toon it can be a lot of work. But I would suggest setting up and learning how to box with the toons your playing with Incase you get a surprise visit from GM or other players unless ya don’t care on being obvious.

/useitem (item name) use’s items
/AltActivate ### (numbers can be found in AA window in the ability description)
/Disc (name of disc) will activate ability’s in combat window
/pause ### ( 5=0.5 sec 10=1.0 sec. this is typically used before /useitem, /altactivate and /disc to place a pause between ability use’s

Example say u want to cast your epic, a spell with 3sec cast time and disc all in 1 button it could look like this in the hot button.

Example:
/pause 6,/useitem (epic name)
/pause 6,/cast 1
/disc (disc name)

Bards are only class that requires a 0.1-0.3 sec delay between item cast and song or it sometimes locks up spell bar, some spells will lock up spell bar as well so sometimes ya have to wait on cool down b4 ya can cast again.

Anytime ya use /pause it will lock up actions and spell cast even when there is nothing going on so I’d suggest making a linked button for stopping actions and spell cast in the keys section(this part is mainly for bards will work for any class tho)

This is all based that ur isp has decent speed for spell, item and disc responses. Will have to adjust delays I’d they don’t fire off.

Question - Best practice for casting Spells, Items, AA?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back