• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Best place to start (1 Viewer)

RedCents
785¢
I am looking for a player assist macro or plugin that allows the player to move and target as needed but will auto run a dps rotation (that can be set by the player) once combat is started so that all positioning and target changes can be made manually by the player as necessary without being designated as a tank or setting up/toggling different assists. Bonus if it will change to range or melee depending on range parameters that can be set as you move in or out from the mob. I have been toying with RGMercs and KA to try and work it out but I am having issues with the setup. Is what I outlined above something that can be done with those macros or is there a better way? Mainly want this for Ranger play.

If i'm understanding correctly your intent KA is probably your best bet. As a ranger if you're out-of-mana (oom) or if the mob is too close for ranged attacks it usually rushes right in with melee to attack as long as you that option set to 1 on your ini. In fact, unless your weapons suck i'd recommend building a rotation/conditions so that if your range discipline is on...have your ranger step back and rain fiery hell (pew pew! mode)...or if it's in cooldown always melee because of your synergy to help the team...

If you do it right...you can fire off all the melee group buffs when he's in melee mode only...and then pause that (unless you don't want to) when he's in pew pew! mode...

Food for thought.

I appreciate the the feedback, KA is a great tool, I think where I am having issues with it is being able to manually drive with it, equivalent to a vorpal mode like you see with a CWTN plugin. I don’t want to have it in a tank mode or set an assist. I basically want to play my character but have the rotation assistance like you would have if I did a key bind. I want the freedom to switch targets as I need and all that. Maybe I will just stick to the key bind, just looking for a little more optimization for raids.

I am looking for a player assist macro or plugin that allows the player to move and target as needed but will auto run a dps rotation (that can be set by the player) once combat is started so that all positioning and target changes can be made manually by the player as necessary without being designated as a tank or setting up/toggling different assists.

I use this coding in KA 12001 to do the above

INI:
[General]
KissAssistVer=12.001
CharInfo=Shadow Knight|115|GOLD
Role=Tank

##  For Manual Movement: [Melee Section] If StickHow ="I" and MeleeDistance is the same value as [General Section] CampRadius this toon will Ignore all /stick commands.
CampfireOn=0
CampRadius=30
CampRadiusExceed=400

[Melee]
AssistAt=98
MeleeOn=1
FaceMobOn=0

##  Mobs outside this radius will not be engaged.
##  For Manual Movement: [Melee Section]If StickHow ="I" and MeleeDistance is the same value as [General Section] CampRadius this toon will Ignore all /stick commands.
MeleeDistance=30

##  Examples: I, !front, behindonce, snaproll rear, front.
##  For Manual Movement: [Melee Section]If StickHow ="I" and MeleeDistance is the same value as [General Section] CampRadius this toon will Ignore all /stick commands.
StickHow=I

AutoFireOn=0
UseMQ2Melee=0

## TargetSwitchingOn should allow your tank to swap targets without reverting back to your original target.
TargetSwitchingOn=1

I use this coding in KA 12001 to do the above

INI:
[General]
KissAssistVer=12.001
CharInfo=Shadow Knight|115|GOLD
Role=Tank

##  For Manual Movement: [Melee Section] If StickHow ="I" and MeleeDistance is the same value as [General Section] CampRadius this toon will Ignore all /stick commands.
CampfireOn=0
CampRadius=30
CampRadiusExceed=400

[Melee]
AssistAt=98
MeleeOn=1
FaceMobOn=0

##  Mobs outside this radius will not be engaged.
MeleeDistance=30

##  Examples: I, !front, behindonce, snaproll rear, front.
StickHow=I

AutoFireOn=0
UseMQ2Melee=0

## TargetSwitchingOn should allow your tank to swap targets without reverting back to your original target.
TargetSwitchingOn=1
Thanks very much, with the help I was able to tweak the ini as needed! Redcent coming once I can give them again today.

Question - Best place to start

Users who are viewing this thread

Back