• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - Best Free Keyboard/Mouse multiple PC software? (1 Viewer)

Sic

[sic]
RedCents
29,086¢
Pronouns
He/Him
My computer setup changed this weekend and I need to accommodate some other boxes

I used to use something called Synergy, I believe, to use my keyboard/mouse over multiple PCs and I am looking for something similar.
Preferably free!

I would love to be able to toggle on and off moving to other PCs and stuff like that

Any suggestions?

I personally like Input Director (it is free). I used to use Synergy, then when they went paid with version 2 I even bought that. Unfortunately it was very buggy for me (they may have fixed it since), but I already was set up on Input Director (and why change back if it's working you know). It also has more advanced features like the ability to set it so that when you shut down on your main computer it tells the others to shut down/hibernate/sleep (although I really only use it for the keyboard/mouse basic functions).

I was using input director until recently, but I had a fair amount of lag when the cursor went to other PCs. It was the best I found for free though. Multiplicity is fairly cheap and less laggy.

I was using input director until recently, but I had a fair amount of lag when the cursor went to other PCs. It was the best I found for free though. Multiplicity is fairly cheap and less laggy.

If you decide to try Input Director in the future again at any point you can try going to Master Preferences, and turning off 'Use reliable communications' under Advanced for each computer. I turned it off when I wanted it to traverse over VPN if I recall right.

I still use Synergy at times as well Odii. They tried to release v2, but it was still pretty bug prone in the beta. I haven't checked in a few months, but last time I checked it was still around.

Granted, I have a members access, and I got it when v1 was still in beta, so no idea how access works now.

thanks will look at that

I tell ya - I've been using input director since this thread and man, it is friggen awesome
Did you settle on something you like? Is it as good as isboxer? I have been tempted to play Rift again which I used to play as a 5 box and do dungeons and stuff. But I really don't want to pay the isboxer guy.

Last edited:
Did you settle on something you like? Is it as good as isboxer? I have been tempted to play Rift again which I used to play as a 5 box and do dungeons and stuff. But I really don't want to pay the isboxer guy.
I still use and love isboxer (for virtual eqclient, for window swapping, and for borderless windows), but input director is pretty awesome, I have it setup so it will only swap to another computer when I press a key command and drag across, so I don't lose my cursor lol

Discussion - Best Free Keyboard/Mouse multiple PC software?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back