• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Best Box Group (1 Viewer)

tduclos88

RedCents
25¢
what 6 classes are the easiest to set up and get running togther? I for sure want a bard and zerker. thinking SK tank. What do you all run?

I have a Monk (already raid geared prior, and carries my team's dps.)
I added Shaman, and SK. Works great.
I Added a bard to it, works even better.
Finally, I added a Berserker and a Mage. Flawless execution for me.

TLl;DR
SK, Monk, Shaman, Bard, Berserker, Mage

I have a Monk (already raid geared prior, and carries my team's dps.)
I added Shaman, and SK. Works great.
I Added a bard to it, works even better.
Finally, I added a Berserker and a Mage. Flawless execution for me.

TLl;DR
SK, Monk, Shaman, Bard, Berserker, Mage
pretty close to what i was planning,
If you want bard and zerker do

war/sk, shaman, bard, zerk (x3)

if you want/need more healing you could let a paladin tank.
why 2 tanks?

Oh, did I forget to mention...Pop bard selos and dual invis on mage, run mage to spot...Call Hero group, without having to lug around 6 toons across zones and worry about getting stuck lmao.
ah yes good ole CoTH, im just getting back to the game after a while off. if I can play a grfoup alone, seems like id be able to enjoy more of the game

Easiest setup would be IHC macros (no setup, free, all classes or almost all classes avail) or Chat's plugins (no setup, many popular classes, yearly sub $ or free on Test/beta classes.) These you just turn on and they setup all your skills/spell bars and run the toons. There is a little learning on how to pause them, move camp locs or get them to follow you, but no "coding" setup.

KissAssist is another good option as there is a huge community on RedGuides and lots of pre-made ini files for all classes/levels. It requires a little more learning curve to figure out how to tweak or fix your toon's ini for your situation. Like changing out click chest item names or changing spells for new levels, but there are ton of people to answer questions on the forums or get instant answers on RG discord.

Core or Modbot are very strong, but do require some "coding" type stuff unless you can find the exact toon setup you want pre-made.

Zerk is overwhelmingly the most popular DPS and has excellent premades from Chat. IHC's zerker was one of the inspirations for Chat's work, though I currently prefer Chat's over IHC. They are both good though. Zerk's barely sip their endurance and crank out great DPS on all mob types.

Popular setups with zerk/bard:

War-Sham-Bard-Zerk-Zerk-Zerk = Contender for top DPS group at the moment. Needs a good heal setup for sham.

War-Clr-Bard-Zerk-Zerk-Bst = Very popular setup, Sic runs this so you can review his vids and see Chat's plugins in action. Bst brings more atk buffs, pet for battle rezzing tank, more haste v4 (weapon delay reduc) and endurance regen (mainly helps war, zerks don't need it in this group.)

SK subbing in for War is fine too. I run SK in sic's setup. SK brings more util for pulling, though you can split just as well with bard pulling. I'd say War pulls ahead due to overall mitigation (higher AC cap & 100% uptime on mitigation buffs), better white damage since you run them in dual wield a lot so bard can really boost them, and that a good healer setup doesn't need the backup from taps. If you plan to PL other groups though, SK is much better than warrior for that. You can do top content with any of the tanks though. Pet tanking is the only one that is tough if you get in a mission or situation where you can't mez and need AE aggro control.

Easiest setup would be IHC macros (no setup, free, all classes or almost all classes avail) or Chat's plugins (no setup, many popular classes, yearly sub $ or free on Test/beta classes.) These you just turn on and they setup all your skills/spell bars and run the toons. There is a little learning on how to pause them, move camp locs or get them to follow you, but no "coding" setup.

KissAssist is another good option as there is a huge community on RedGuides and lots of pre-made ini files for all classes/levels. It requires a little more learning curve to figure out how to tweak or fix your toon's ini for your situation. Like changing out click chest item names or changing spells for new levels, but there are ton of people to answer questions on the forums or get instant answers on RG discord.

Core or Modbot are very strong, but do require some "coding" type stuff unless you can find the exact toon setup you want pre-made.

Zerk is overwhelmingly the most popular DPS and has excellent premades from Chat. IHC's zerker was one of the inspirations for Chat's work, though I currently prefer Chat's over IHC. They are both good though. Zerk's barely sip their endurance and crank out great DPS on all mob types.

Popular setups with zerk/bard:

War-Sham-Bard-Zerk-Zerk-Zerk = Contender for top DPS group at the moment. Needs a good heal setup for sham.

War-Clr-Bard-Zerk-Zerk-Bst = Very popular setup, Sic runs this so you can review his vids and see Chat's plugins in action. Bst brings more atk buffs, pet for battle rezzing tank, more haste v4 (weapon delay reduc) and endurance regen (mainly helps war, zerks don't need it in this group.)

SK subbing in for War is fine too. I run SK in sic's setup. SK brings more util for pulling, though you can split just as well with bard pulling. I'd say War pulls ahead due to overall mitigation (higher AC cap & 100% uptime on mitigation buffs), better white damage since you run them in dual wield a lot so bard can really boost them, and that a good healer setup doesn't need the backup from taps. If you plan to PL other groups though, SK is much better than warrior for that. You can do top content with any of the tanks though. Pet tanking is the only one that is tough if you get in a mission or situation where you can't mez and need AE aggro control.
Thanks for the info, yeah ive been watching a bunch of Sic's videos. some of its jibberish right now but i'll pick it all up as I go. Planning to start all lvl1 and not PL at first, until i have the macros and commands all down.

Warrior (solid tank), Cleric (solid healer), Bard (crowd control, buffs, dps), Shaman (Buffs,dps, slows, backup heals, rez if cleric goes down), Berserker (DPS), Rogue (DPS, drag corpse, sneak hide, fade to pop healer merc if group wipes)

Quickest setups for me (especially while leveling) right now involve mq2mule & MuleAssist on a PullerTank, IHC on the other five characters. As I'm still leveling this allows me very little downtime as I get new spells and abilities.

I think probably the two most powerful macros right now are core, entropy (beta), and modbot. Entropy has some amazing options and capabilities but will take some time to setup.

Question - Best Box Group

Users who are viewing this thread

Back