• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Best arrows for Ranger (1 Viewer)

What Level is the Ranger.

I'm assuming no Endless Quiver yet;

Tolan's Darkwood Bracer

Tolan's Bracer has a right click of summon arrows, if you are of sufficient level to click it (Level 45). It summons a stack of 100 arrows per click. These arrows are summoned (thus temporary) dmg 3, rng 50. Cast time is 15.0, so summon what you think you will need before you go hunt. These poof when you log (to get around the poofing) go use a shroud. Log off with the shroud on, when you come back the next day or whatever, unshroud and you will still have all your buffs and shit plus these arrows.

Bloody Ancille's Pouch

Assuming you are not yet level 45, then you can use this until you are.
Bloody Ancilles' Pouch has a right click Transmute Hunters Barbs, summons 20 per click. No Req level to click, just need the reagent.

The reagent, a purified crystal, you buy off LDoN camp Magus. Each cast consumes 1 crystal and summons 20 arrows. These are dmg 1, rng 50. The barbs are not temporary and are "Magic" so they will hit mobs that require magic weapon to hit.

That said;

Of course, you should Get AA for Archery Mastery 1,2,and 3 and Endless Quiver as soon as possible.

Easiest way to save up all that AA is the following;

Get the Headshot AA, then go to Grieg's End and headshot those mobs until you ding enough AA for both AM3 and EQ.

After you have Endless Quiver, then you will just need 1 arrow since it is never expended, IMHO, this is the one to have;

Class 7 Drakebone Drakespike Arrow

Class 7 Drakebone Drakespike Arrow, Dmg 13, Rng 125. These arrow come in several flavors of Range, you want the 125 range one.

Finally, if you want info on fletched arrows, then please post again and I will put it together for you.

Cheers,
Melon

Tolan's bracer ftw. Once you get Endless Quiver, get a Blessed Guardian Arrow. 11 damage, 4 cold damage with 170 range. Highest damage arrows you can get right now. I have heard that SOE is gonna release arrows with higher damage but that these arrows will not work with Endless Quiver, but I haven't seen any of those yet.

I have parsed and parsed this. For ghostkilling the drakbone arrow is better. The straight 13 dmg is greater than the 11+4 because anything worth killing almost always resists the cold/fire dmg and you end up basically with a 11 dmg arrow. I dont know about xp mobs in non ghostkilling situation but rangers do better dps with weapons than bow as they approach 1:1 dmg/delay ratio weapons which are stupid easy to get now.

Best arrows for Ranger

Users who are viewing this thread

Back