• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Guide - Berserker is coming up almost last on my DPS meter (1 Viewer)

RedCents
133¢
Hey someone give me a hand or any info, on why they would think my Zerker is coming up on my DPS Meter as almost last one from my group. My SK is first then my mage and either BL or Bard. Shaman is last and zerker is befor last. Thank you all ahead. Please any info will do. By the way I use MQ2 on Zerker, SK, Shaman and BL.

Definitely odd. I have some zerks in my crews with no epics or augs and they still never come in last. I use CWTN for everything. Any chance he ran out of axes and you didn't notice?

Knowing the placement on the group's DPS list is useful, though actual DPS is more useful.

You'll also need to check your /ber missing
You may have missing abilities.

What level is your berzerker.
How many AA's do you have.
What weapon do you use?
How much HDex do you have?
At what percentage do you start assisting?
What are you using to parse your DPS.

Using COV 2 HB it's like 760dmg with 36 delay.
Have about 2500 dex may 2700.
I use mq2dpsadv macro.
He's lvl 115.
He assist at 99.
I have no missing abilities and they are all really rank 2.
All my axe are summoned.
Have about 27000 AA

Thanks for the help guys. Maybe my dps thing is wrong .

Using COV 2 HB it's like 760dmg with 36 delay.
Have about 2500 dex may 2700.
I use mq2dpsadv macro.
He's lvl 115.
He assist at 99.
I have no missing abilities and they are all really rank 2.
All my axe are summoned.
Have about 27000 AA

Thanks for the help guys. Maybe my dps thing is wrong .
if you only have 27k AAs, then you're likely missing a lot of even ALL relevant focus AAs for your abilities. since it doesn't scale as a %, but has "effects xyz ability by abc amount), you don't end up getting ANYTHING for your newer abilities until you have sufficient ranks.

you're leaving a TON of dps on the table with 27k AAs compared to the 42k cap (45.7K with all tradeskills and banked AAs) for CoV

re: HDex, so your dude is full hdex aug'd? Many folks who *think* they have xyz hDex end up looking at their dex instead.
you want the + stat on the right side, in orange in this image
1622418374517.png

Last edited:
Lot of useful info, but still didn't say how much DPS you are actually showing as doing.

Would also be useful to know the length of time for the fight as well so we have a time reference for that DPS.

You can also go into a fight, then watch the zerker screen to see if it's spamming something like a clicky, aa, ability etc that's failing somehow.

I personally had a hard time getting my zerker in the satisfactory area of dps as well. He is lacking on some aa but decent weapon and gear just never really got him close to the mages or the rogues. This is with all toons wearing snowsquall, and using non-prestige. Same went for my Pally. I got them both on the back burner and made another mage. I'm sure some day I will add them back to the line-up but for now I will do more research and play with the ini files. :)

@Undefeated the boost from AAs cant be understated. while zerkers have low total AAs, they are mostly useful. also, Id also recommend having cwtn plugin open, and tab 1 showing.. it shows what its doing, and if you see it repeating something, or erroring, can let chat and sic know, to maybe narrow down the issue.

Can my set up be wronged for him. Maybe I should not use mengler disc or something. Or maybe the amount of burns I have on the right side is wrong. Can some take a pic of there set up plz. Thanks

What disc and skill hot buttons should I have made for him?
you're using mq2berzerker correct? you don't need any buttons setup to use the abilities.

I would:
1. ensure you have your damage filters set up correctly showing. they changed them recently for criticals and such.
2. get those AAs.
3. answer cwtn's question =p

If I do. Should I get rid of them. I don't click them?
are you asking if you should get rid of your assigned hotkeys? - that's up to you. many of my toons don't have much on their hotkeys aside from general stuff if/when i ever needed to do something manually *shudder*. they're not going to hurt anything by existing

How does your SK compare to the rest of your squad if hes the one doing the most DPS unless hes doing it in 2h mode?

Could also be that you are missing your lvl250 ability, open combat skill sort by level and make sure you have corresponding 250 skill. If not go back to npc which sells ability hail and follow text (say remind iirc)
e.g
1622446603888.png

Recently happened to a new zerk I made, stratos one did not scribe correctly.

Last edited:
Can my set up be wronged for him. Maybe I should not use mengler disc or something. Or maybe the amount of burns I have on the right side is wrong. Can some take a pic of there set up plz. Thanks
Don't use Mangling, it hurts your sustained dps

It shares a timer with Disconcerting which can be used every 3 mins, but if you use Mangling it locks it out for 25mins.

Only time I use Mangling is for a big burn before I log out, like Zlandi or something

Rogues are easy but necros can do it even easier.

But there's zero group setups that specifically include two necros. That would be fairly idiotic, unless you were REALLY REALLY into necros (and long kills in groups).

But there's zero group setups that specifically include two necros. That would be fairly idiotic, unless you were REALLY REALLY into necros (and long kills in groups).

So I have a bunch of a group setups for dps:
- 3 mage
- 3 necro
- 3 rogue
- 3 monk
- 3 ber or 2 ber and a bst (lately been running 2 ber)
- 3 wiz (more or less retired but I keep them levels at this point)

Honestly the ber/rogue teams are ahead of the rest but the necro can keep up with the monks just fine (little less heavy burn but more sustained on the necro). But the length of long kills in groups on necros is exaggerated.

All that said though it is a bit sad how far behind in dps all classes are from the rogue/ber groups— there’s just no comparison.

Hey someone give me a hand or any info, on why they would think my Zerker is coming up on my DPS Meter as almost last one from my group. My SK is first then my mage and either BL or Bard. Shaman is last and zerker is befor last. Thank you all ahead. Please any info will do. By the way I use MQ2 on Zerker, SK, Shaman and BL.
Also...can you share your team makeup? As an example...sometimes i add my berzerker to my war/mag/mag/BSR/Enc/Cleric team and the mages kick his ass constantly due to pet builds and synergy triggers between the mages...he usually does amazing when he's paired with other giver classes and berzerker for synergy.

EX: SK/BSKR/BSKR/BARD/RANGER/SHAMAN

I really liked my SK/Shaman/bard/bst/ber/rogue group

Often I'll use the ranger instead of the rogue (since the ranger has raid weapons/gear and the rogue is FTP)

Also...one last personal opinion, berserkers are amazing dps in the right setting...but they are very intensively dependent on gear/aa's/augs...etc...and to really make them shine you need the right team composition and to stay subbed. If at any point you're looking to scale up to team(s) ... I would strongly encourage going mages over bsrk's since they can perform reasonably well in ftp (non-prestige gear) after a krono pop (try to max out their aa's).

Also for concealment purposes it's a lot harder to discern a bot mage team from a berserker mage team...just do a /mac kissassist and stagger the trigger like 95, 99, 90 on each mage and it'll look like you're using isboxer or even social keys.

Don't get me wrong, I love my berserker...but that class is a huge time sink and imo if I compare my cov raid geared berzerker to a FTP one...you lose quite a lot...even more if you don't krono pop them. With mages it's the same...but you don't lose as much, they can perform relatively well with just a krono pop, snowbound gear, and shivering earring from Thos in GD.

Note: this opinion assumes you're using the standard (Tank/Cleric/Crowd) formula as the core of your team...and that said tank has been well seasoned. Neither Mages/Berzerkers are optimal for sustained swarming/tanking at 115 SPECIALLY as FTP

Last edited:
Don't use Mangling, it hurts your sustained dps

It shares a timer with Disconcerting which can be used every 3 mins, but if you use Mangling it locks it out for 25mins.

Only time I use Mangling is for a big burn before I log out, like Zlandi or something

Don't listen to this its basically 100% wrong.

Use Mangling on all named if its up or all big pulls if you're attacking for the full duration of mangling it will add more damage in that burn.

1 full burn of mangling on a named or trash where you're dpsing the entire time its up > disconcerting during that 25m timer.

Don't listen to this its basically 100% wrong.

Use Mangling on all named if its up or all big pulls if you're attacking for the full duration of mangling it will add more damage in that burn.

1 full burn of mangling on a named or trash where you're dpsing the entire time its up > disconcerting during that 25m timer.
I mean, basic math can show that's not true

Disconcerting, 11% base melee damage for 1.6mins duration, 3min refresh
vs
Mangling, 55% base melee damage for 1min, 25min refresh

Disconcerting can be used EIGHT times in 25mins... ideally triggered inbetween each of the main 4 burns, stretching out sustained damage by some margin

Add it up

Or go tell Tolzol that he's wrong

I mean, basic math can show that's not true

Disconcerting, 11% base melee damage for 1.6mins duration, 3min refresh
vs
Mangling, 55% base melee damage for 1min, 25min refresh

Disconcerting can be used EIGHT times in 25mins... ideally triggered inbetween each of the main 4 burns, stretching out sustained damage by some margin

Add it up

Or go tell Tolzol that he's wrong

Ask him what he uses on raids he wont be telling you disconcerting. the only exception is situations where you're not able to be on target for the entire mangling burn.

When you use mangling you're going to be stacking it with everything else that pushes the numbers even higher. When you use disconcerting you're not doing that except the 1-2 times at a much lower melee damage increase. You want to talk about basic math go parse it.

I've played a zerker since Omens I know the class. I also happen to have 30 + zerkers having parsed the differences between using the 2 disc in real group situations.

Last edited:
Unless I'm engaging in a pure burn target I use disconcerting. So for my group game I pretty much have Disconcerting going all the time. When I first log in and go slap down zland I'll probably use mangling.

To be clear though, I don't raid. But if it wasn't a pure burn mob, then I likely would still use disconcerting. If it's lots of trash for a while then a big fight where I reasonably expect to get a 3 minute break, then I'll switch to use mangling for the boss fight if it's that sort of fight.

Guide - Berserker is coming up almost last on my DPS meter

Users who are viewing this thread

Back