• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Strategy - Beastlords nowadays!? (1 Viewer)

swarmhost9922

RedCents
400¢
So I have been running around in between the TLP's, P99, SoD, and some other games for a while now. I keep getting this urge to go back and play a BST. Does anyone run a BST in their crew? If so, how well are they performing nowadays? I was thinking of firing up a few accounts and doing something like: BST/CLR with a dps/tank merc...but I was unsure how they are these days. Anyone have any info?

I use a BST in one of my groups and he's the primary tank even. He works well but you have gear him accordingly to what you're going to do. If you're going to add as melee dps and buff/debuff, they're easy and do well. Raz been bragging about his. LOL... If you're going to duo with him, clr or wiz merc's do well with him depending how you do it. Pet tanking or your high enough to have bolstering buff on pet and your'e not going against crazy stuff, go wiz and just burn the shit down. Self and pet heal all day. If you're trying to do higher stuff that hurts you good regardless of level, clr merc for sure. I have a clr merc and a wiz merc.. .they're bots that run around with him everywhere. I duo'd BST/ENC for awhile in a farming test and that works surprisingly well if you're dealing with LB's and lower farming. Up to you on what you do and how best suits. BST is extremely versatile however they are not the best at any of it.

Thank you for your response. I suppose I am quite unaware of the general "toughness" of the BST and his pet. Then again, I would probably find myself just farming low end content for lawls anyway. I will run a BST/ENC and throw in a CLR/WIZ merc...what could go wrong? ;]

I use a beast sometimes in place of a wiz for mobs that are magic resistant and he tears shit up! Love him!

Beastdaddy, teach me the ways of being a god. In an ideal set up(think, no mercs!), what is the best duo with BST...DRU or CLR? My third character will probably be ENC.

As many have correctly stated BSTs rock. Both melee and spell DPS. Pluss all the buff/debuff abilities.

Note if tanking with them CC a must, they have better agro drop than agro gain. I use mine as offtank or back-up (if MT dies).
If get pet kits and keep buffed, pet very comparable to the mage pets, and BST has better pet heals.

With KA my BST does about 40k DPS average and 70-80k burn. With MQ2AFNuke plugin 50k average with 90k burn, manually 60k average with up to 130k burn.

As stated, they arn't the best at any one thing, but are very good at alot.

If not planning on end-game content, I think a BST/ENC/DRU combo would work very well. With the BST ability to heal the Druid should work very well (ports, DS, Nukes/Dots, buffs, etc), pluss you always have the option of a cleric merc.

BST = Shammy/Mage of 2012. Ran one on Live til I left around level 90. Once geared I was able to dump my shammy from my 3 box set. SK,BST,Bard with Mercs. Was able to all SoD Progression with no trouble during the time it was Current Content. But had to follow the gearing path of the Expac.

I played a beastlord as my main for about a year way back when. It was a small guild but I often ended up tanking for xp groups since our 2 tanks only played at certain times.

I replaced my shammy with my beastie. Almost the same buffage and way more dps.

I was a BST main back in the day for almost 5+ years and in the current end game content of the time period. The best duo'n I had was using my druid. The druid could pick up as bigger healing requirements came and DPS along side with you plus the druid can snare those damn mobs that always try to run away from such beasts. <G> I say that from then as I access to most character types and nothing worked better duo'n. That said, if you're going to be pulling more than 2 mobs at a time, you better be jonhny on the spot with pets on one, and in turn casting agro spells early so they don't go after your druid. Outside your slow, use the incapacitate line and actually I think it was a flash something spell that's super low level that all agro well and quick casting. Once you have them established, just burn one joked down at a time. If you get more than you can handle and it's obviously, druid succor for the save!

Best box for Beasts are Druids for healer due to added nuke auras and other adps they add. Then for CC I would roll a chanter or Bard. Bard is slightly higher dps but I really like the Chanter myself because between twincast,haze, and the new Night's Endless Terror it adds a ton to the beast in both dps and healing (Proc from Nights Endless Terror is amazing for classes with healing aa's) Since the pet changes I use pet to tank and molo namers in TDS/TBM all the time with just a cleric merc and pet tanking. One big hint to making your pets better is to gear them with attuneable gear. I use CoTF tradeskill gear. Arms and Legs add Ferocity and Cleave to your pet, Belt adds more haste to get to max haste amount or closer to it without a bard. Then depending on what mats I have I will use BP,Wrists,Helm, and boots. These add like 2k+ raw HP per piece plus over 100 ac per piece. Then I use the knight tradeskilled one handers with the rune procs. They can dual wield them and the proc helps both surviveablity and agro management for your pet. To max DPS you will need to keybind. I have my 5 nukes plus my dps spam key, pet attack key, Clamor/Focused clamor of claws depending on your situation. Then I use this for burns.

So I'll just generally share what I think about our burns cause I find it best to understand why something works more than just "do this cause it's best." If you don't care why then just scroll down to the " * * * "

Our burns are heavy in two areas Hundred Hands and Hit Mod %'s
Spirit Frenzy is faster than RF, but RF hits our pet. Pretty much everything else is based around this idea.

Beastial Alignment doesn't land on our pet and is more damage overall anyways so ideally it goes with Spirit Frenzy because that's when you'll but swinging the most, unless it's up with the raids main burn so it'll go with RF cause you want to RF the group more than you want to spirit frenzy yourself.

Frenzied Swipes increases the rate at which we can use Feral Swipe, so you want to use it with our largest hit mod (Beastial Alignment.)

Savage Rage lands on our Pet and is the second best hit mod % we have so ideally it'll go with RF but mostly it's hit right after BA in the burn line up because Spirit Frenzy is longer than BA and you can hit RF after Spirit Frenzy or vise versa and it will end just about the same time as SR.

Bloodlust is a massive proc mod, so you want to hit it when you're swinging the most (Spirit Frenzy.)

First Spire will add 42 to each hit, regardless of crits so you also want to hit it when you're swinging the most (Spirit Frenzy.)

Reflexive Rending will go with our highest hit mod because it's a set number of hits and you want to hit as hard as possible (Bestial Alignment)

Ferociousness kind of fills in the gaps, it is less than Savage Rage but more than Group Bestial Alignment so it can go after SR in a sustained burn or it can go with RF rather well because they have the same duration for when SR is down and a burn comes up.

Group Bestial Alignment is a long duration low hit mod %, so it's nice to hit either after Ferociousness on a longer sustained burn or when you're clearing out adds/a mini boss.

Glyph and 7th don't stack and 7th doesn't stack with IoG if you ever get that so they are hit in succession in your main burn.

Breastplate can be hit at any time whenever the timer is up, because you want to get the most value from it and it never crits and doesn't get focused or modified by anything. It's damage is always the same and it's proc amounts are also always the same.

Bestial Bloodrage is so long I would just hit it whenever it's up as well, it is effected by RF and slight by SR though with SR you likely lose the lower hit mod but because of the duration it's probably not worth worrying about.

That all being said this is what I do

In a single sustained burn like the second one off in Arx:
I hit RF + BA + Frenzied Swipes + Beastial Bloodrage + Glyph
When RF fades I hit Spirit Frenzy + Bloodlust + First Spire
When BA fades I hit SR
When Glyph fades I hit 7th
When I SR fades I hit Ferociousness
When Ferociousness fades I hit GBA

In a raid that varies on when burns can be I tend to do this
Spirit Frenzy + BA + Bloodlust + First Spire
SR when BA fades

I save RF for the raids main burn, and depending on what hit mods are up I hit the biggest one, for me this is mostly Ferociousness because I tend to not hold on to SR or BA. Other raid teams might be able to use RF more than once per event but I only ever have a chance to use it once which is why I save it for when the group is going to burn.

GBA I'll hit in sort of the inbetween phases when a burn is coming up in under 8 mins (SR recast timer.)

If you "really" only wanted to burn using hotkeys then I'd probably do this

Key one
Spririt Frenzy
BA
Bloodlust
1st spire
Frenzied Swipes

Key two
SR
RF

Key three
Ferociousness

Key Four
Bestial Bloodrage
TDS Breastplate

Key 5
GBA

Taste of Blood's recast timer is less than it's duration, you can add it to your pre raid buffs instead of using it in a burn key.

Reflexive Rending I think has more value when used for it's endurance which isn't much but if you're recovering a raid I think it'll help your grp more to get a little endurance rather than a very very minimal amount of damage in a burn.

Hope this helps and I am going to make a post to hopefully get stickied and hopefully more will post more proper burn orders on other classes.

Love the explanation as to why this with that...And since we opened the door to combat....

Here's a bit on spell DPS.
Been working this alot lately, and if done correctly how, what, and in what order can make a huge difference in DPS output.
I like to use the following spell in general.
Rich (BB code):
A) Growl of the Leopard: Insta cast, global refresh only, 1 min duration  (you and your pet, increasing melee damage by 20 percent, healing 653 health every six seconds and increasing your maximum hit points by 5286 for up to 1 min)
B) Dichotomic Fury: 0.5 cast, 60 sec refresh, 6sec duration (adds HP, Mana, and Endurance, increasing your damage mitigation and weapon speed, and increasing the chance for you and your pets to perform flurries of attacks)
1) Frozen Miasma: 0.5 cast, 4.5 sec refresh ( increases the target's hate, and strikes it with cold and poisonous venom)
2) Visoracius' Maelstrom: 0.5 cast, 12 sec refresh (damages them with poison, disease, and ice attacks. One of the three attacks will be repeated immediately)
3) Krenk's Feralgia:  3 cast, 18 sec refresh (Infuses your pet with offensive and regenerative power and summons animals to fight at its side)
4) Kreig's Bite: 0.5 cast, 30 sec refresh (Inflicts your target with a poisonous bite, dealing 9715 damage)
5) Kromtus Lance: 0.5  cast, 30 sec refresh (Strikes your target with sharp shards of ice, causing 7823 damage)
6) Kromrif Lance: 0.5 cast, 30 sec refresh (Strikes your target with sharp shards of ice, causing 6757 damage)

Now Most people would set it up and just cast them down the line, and for many short fights, that would do just fine (A,B,3,2,1,4,5,6), but if your fight is going to run more than maybe 30 sec, you might want a bit more "sustained" spell DPS.
In order to do this you almost have to "weave" your spells. So what ive come up with is this, After i cast the 2 combat buffs (A & B), I go into a bit of a pattern (1, 2, 1, 3, 1, 4, 1, 2, 1, 5, 1, 6, repeat)
Been working with Jimbob on the MQ2AFNuke Plugin to get this to cycle right, and it works fairly well. When trying it with KA it doesn't work quite as well, but does ok.

Here's my DPS section for the BST if you want to try this (let me know what you think).

Rich (BB code):
[DPS]
DPSOn=2
DPSSkip=0
DPSInterval=2
DPS1=Growl of the Leopard Rk. II|99|Once
DPS2=Dichotomic Fury|98|Once
DPS3=Frozen Miasma|97
DPS2=Visoracius' Maelstrom|96
DPS3=Frozen Miasma|95
DPS4=Krenk's Feralgia|94
DPS5=Frozen Miasma|93
DPS6=Kreig's Bite|92
DPS7=Frozen Miasma|91
DPS8=Visoracius' Maelstrom|90
DPS9=Frozen Miasma|89
DPS10=Kromtus Lance|88
DPS11=Frozen Miasma|87
DPS12=Kromrif Lance|86

Hope this helps some of yous with your BSTs.

bealord can put out some nice dps .. and there pets tank really well , my combat rotation is very similar to meistro, i just cast Frozen Miasma every second spell , i find Krenk's Feralgia to be nice cause it casts both Krenk's Call ( cry at the moon spell) + Krenk's Growl.

Strategy - Beastlords nowadays!?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back