• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • There was a hotfixtoday. DO NOT PATCH EQ or you'll have to wait for the next MQ update (no ETA). You can play without the patch by using patchme or autologin (preferred). If you've already patched EQ you're out of luck, unless you find someone to share the older eqgame.exe (don't ask here).

Question - Ban or Suspension for allowing others to log your character in on Aradune? (1 Viewer)

RedCents
153¢
What I consider a "credible source" informed me last night that people are getting banned if you let someone else log your character in (not sure if that includes VPN) on Aradune. Has anyone heard of this as well? What if i had two houses/homes in different locations and wanted to play eq...?

Yes, I know it's, "not allowed" to begin with. But account sharing happens all the time on live servers and nothing is ever done about it. So why Aradune?

They apparently have some very "active" GM's over there and I think they are dropping the ban hammer on many things as an example and to see how it goes for the player base.

Not sure how they know its account sharing though. Unless someone said something. Or if it was put in the ban email - ???? After all it is only common sense that a player may have different locations. Maybe it was at the same time which would raise a flag

TLP have always had a better presence of GM and a tighter rule set than live.

Detection could be as simple as.
On login check location of IP and last login if distance > time that you can travel by plane raise a flag.

And this is where VPN's can bite you in the butt as a distance check may very well show you traveled half the globe in 5 hours

Last edited:
Question - Ban or Suspension for allowing others to log your character in on Aradune?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back