• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Bag in bag = "NO Trade" trading (1 Viewer)

soultaker

RedCents
60¢
Ok I think this will allow you to trade no drop items with other players. It happened to me back a few months ago before Bank At npc was nerfed.

First you need MQ2 loaded and MQ2Docrack.

Second you need the BankatanyNPC Turned on in Docrack.

Now here is the trick. BankatanyNPC allows you to open the bank at at NPC when you right click on them. You can get out cash or put in cash with no problems. However if you try switchig out items you get them all placed back into your inventory and if its full they will be lost for good.

Here is what happened to me. I opened the Docrack Bank at a NPC. I placed several items and a bag with some no drop items in it in the bank. I then zoned and ended up going back to PoK. There I banked again and realized my items and the bag where no longer in the bank. Paniced I opend my inventiry and found the items in the first available slots in my bags.

Here is the kicker the bag with no drop items was also inside of a bag in the first open slot. Now the bag inside the bagged Right clicked as no drop because it had no drop items in it, BUT the Main bag it was in did not. What I am think is because the server will not you palce bags in bags, so the Main Bag did not reconize the other one in it thus not reconizing it had a no drop item in it. So I could then take the main bag and trade it or drop it.

I did not test this however at the time because I was so glad to get my items back that I thought I lost. I would also not recomend logging with said items in that state either, being that the server does not reconize bags in bags the 2nd bag would most likely poof!

Someone that can get into EQ atm please try and see if this will work.

remeber:

1. Mq2 and Docrack on
2. Docrack BankatanyNPC on
3. Bank at a NPC and place bag with items in it in bank (try a zone that is near a bank zone)
4. Have intire inventory filled with bags before leaving that zone
5. Zone
6. Go to a real bank
7. Check your inventory for your bag in a bag
8. Do Not try and Open the bag while it is in the bag or you will get kicked i think

*I would suggest testing this with vendore bags and a Mod rod or something*

Lets hope it will work again this time around.

I am not being able to do it either i crash to desktop or the bag gets put in my hand...will keep trying a few things hope it worked for u Red lol =P

Several hours ago, I placed nodrop items in a bag, then buried that bag in two more layers, which was the pre-nerf method to do things. As of that time, all that scored me was a swift kick to server select when I put the resulting container into the trade window. Unless you know something I don't, this is still very nerfed.

cronic

i tried it and all i got was kick to server select as cronic said. and when i get back the bags are excatlly as they where before i went to the "npc bank". so in theory it should have worked. but it didnt. unless we are doing something wrong. i think you just got lucky on that one occasion.

nester01 said:
so i take it you cant drop the bags on the ground either? Sounds too simple but i thought id ask.

When it was first nerfed, I tried that. No dice then; it's likely still the same.

cronic

Not sure what to say guys I was able to get it to work, I gave my warrior my clerics epic and gave it back. Maybe try slowing your connection or cutting it off whiel you do the trade if you have Cable connection? :confused:

I tried it with a mod rod and when i zone the mod rod gets put in my hand and the bag is destroyed.

crashed to server once, and once zoned and the bag came back on my cursor. I'll keep fiddling with it

I tried this multiple times and still havent got it to work =( last time i tried it when i zoned i ended up with all the stuff from the bag in my hand with no bag lol oh well hopefully someone can figure it out

i really doubt you did this the bag just goes to your cursor. tried all different zones, sme result bag,to cursor. so if you did this it be nice to know how.

smokinghot said:
lol yea but if u put something on ure cursor before u zone then it cant ><

how can you put something on your cursor. i tried that to and crash as soon as i try to put something on cursor.

/shrug lol i am not sure i just put bag in bank then get a bag from my other character then take something and put it in my cursor then gate....i got booted when putting a bag in cursor from the bank though

There are a few people that said they have got it to work....maybe like cronic said it may still work on FV and a few others....not sure why it would be diff but im not a programmer lol

I do have characters on FV and thats where I play mainly, sometimes I am on bertoxx. But I was able to do this in FV. I was told by a few others thoguh that they got it to work on other servers, so did nto think its was isolated souly to FV. :cool: But it is sounding like it is, which is a real shame....

Ok further examination I get bag in bag but the mod rod on my curser. Fyi you have to have a bag that can hold giant items I think. Because the reason i didnt notice the bag in bag before is because it skipped all my first handmade bags and went into the third bag witch could hold giant items. Ill try it with something on my cursor after im done raiding. I am not on FV.

It ate my bag and item when I tried, I had a bag with cheap augment solvent in it.

I first put an emerald on the ground, then filled slots with bags, got the bag I wanted out of bank. Ran to guard used bankatnpc, stuck bag in bank. Grabbed emerald and zoned into bazaar.

Emerald was still on cursor when zoned, I opened bag and no bag within bag, I put emerald in bag and ran to banker. No bag in bank, no bag in inventory, no bag on visable ground. So not sure if I missed a step, but I zoned a few more times with bag room and looks like bag got eaten.

Ok tried with something on my cursor. It just stacked the 3 nodrop items on my cursor when i zoned so i had bag in bag but the 4 items on my cursor.

I thought mine got eaten but was really inside another bag but wasnt the first one like i thought it would be

Yeah I checked every bag and wasn't in any, I'm not sure. If this works it has to be incredibly unreliable, because I just tried doing this twice and both times I zoned with emerald on my clicker, but the bag was in the bank, I placed it in the bank on an NPC as well so no idea. I've tried turning bankatnpc off, at different times and everything haha think pretty clear this wont work unless on FV or I'm doing something weird

Cronic you cad

Guys, FV doesn't have no-drop items (except for a few rare cases).

I was pretty sure I had this working, but it may have been due to lag. I'll run some more tests later.

The items that are nodrop on FV can indeed be transfered using this bag method. That's the end of it, though.

cronic

Bag in bag = "NO Trade" trading

Users who are viewing this thread

Back