• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - Back at it again (1 Viewer)

RedCents
2,291¢
After taking over a year off, I'm back at it - full on this time. I'm pushing 18 accounts and wanted to share my setup. I have two 32" monitors in which I'm running 1 account on the left and the other 17 on the right. I may throw other key players to the left screen at some point like off-tanks or pullers. Just depends on how I feel. Where is says, "RaidTeam1" is where the name of each toon is. I just changed it for the screenshot. This gives me a visual indicator of who is who. As fars as mix up, I got all kinds of toons running and just focused on leveling up the crew atm. If I need more of 1 class, I'll just PL them as needed.

windows_layout.PNG

Computer I am running is a custom built machine that I built a few years ago.
Stats:
Proc - Intel Core I7 9700k 8C8T 12MB cache
MB - Asus ROG MAC XI Hero
Mem - Corsair 64GB DDR4 3600
SSD - Samsung SSD 970 Pro 512GB
Graphics - EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 TI

Performance....

Here is an image of my CPU before optimization...

eq_load_before.PNG

Here is the after. This is only some minor tweaks I got a lot more I can run in addition to some performance plugins that will help...

eq_load_after.PNG

Anyways happy to be back and look forward to hitting it hard again for a while....

touché !

I used CPU Affinity in Process lasso. I sort of covered up the before image, but on the CPU Affinity Column you can sorta see a hint of the .exe using any CPU it wants. In the after image, everything is in an order. The left window will grab CPU 0-1 as it is in the foreground to maintain about 60FPS, and right windows will grab 2-7 distributed evenly across the background instances and drops the FPS to 30. I use ISBoxer to manage the windows as it does a great job at scaling down the window without messing with the resolution. Additionally it allows me to add things like the Char name on the screen.

Discussion - Back at it again

Users who are viewing this thread

Back