• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Strategy - Baby/alt fishing kits, pregatherable (1 Viewer)

ToeJamSamy

Seasoned veteran member
RedCents
574¢
During frostfell there's a quest for a bait summoner, and all year round there's the quest for the fisherman's companion. All fishing and crafting for both quests can be done en masse ahead of time and handed out to all your characters as they get the quests, turn in and done.

Frostfell near the big bank in pok, not far from Santug, is Hargar. If you hail him and click the prompts, ending with Fisher, you receive a quest.

The items needed aren't all as listed in the steps. You need 4 each per toon of:

Everfrost Trout- from Everfrost(quickly accessible from Magus) fish through the holes. There's one just SW of where you zone in from the Magus, near Maryg. She sells lanterns which are supposed to help catch them(any lightsource would do, I didn't use one and it took forever)

Dagnor Bonefish- Dagnors cauldron, fish off the middle island somewhere. If you go here from Everfrost, you can use the Magus again and cut through Butcher block to Dagnors.

Cazic Anglers- Feerott, near entrance to CT. Direct stone in PoK.

Highpass Carp- there's really only one obvious place to fish here, better near the building. Crescent reach stone(takes to blightfire) run almost straight across, slightly south, to highpass.

Golden Eye Salmon- Lake Rathe, little SW from zoning in, look for the glowing tower of sorts and fish there. PoK stone to Rathe Mountains, to here.

I'd fish for as long as you can stand and bank the extras for future use. 4 fish per type gets handed in, no need to separate the stacks. You receive a bucket that summons 20 bait every 15 minutes. Also your choice of foods, I just chose the banquet one instead of the snacks.

Fishermans companion, summons fishing rod that no longer breaks(no "Expendable" tag) that also summons booze. Rod is temporary so unless you stick it in a house when you log, you'll have to summon new each time.

This is more simple. I've not confirmed if dialog is even needed as there is NO visible quest to go with this, but say"How can I give you a hand" to Ramos by the fishing holes in PoK. Then hand him 2 each:

Nightmare Cichlid Bones, and
Vallorian Discuss Bones.
You receive fisherman's companion.

Nightmare Cichlid are fished in Plane of Nightmare (sandbox in Tranquility) and Vallorian Discus are fished in Plane of Valor. Combine the fish (preferably with a skill over 182 unless you wanna fish extras) with a root, a celandine herb from alchemy merchants, and a fillet knife in a tacklebox or standing fishing container(near small bank). Fillet knife has to be crafted or bought from a player.
Once the phrase has been said, 2 of each bone can be handed in to receive the fisherman's companion.

Easy kit you can save stacked in a house or bank for new toons, but the first quest can only be done seasonally.

Spent about 6 hrs fishing with just 1 character, changing zones after enough fish, to get enough for 10 turning per quest. If you plant a Fisherman in each of the 7 zones, it should be about 10 minutes per character to finish both quests, with zonetimes.

In the spring there is the Bone Rod quest, which is not prelootable etc, but the poles are tradeable and it's repeatable. That one can be farmed to share with alts or to sell in baz(it's also the highest fishing mod I've found, @ 7%) It only takes a few, all connected zones in dodh, with multiple task updates in each. This whole task takes maybe 10-15 minutes with zonetimes.

Last edited:
Glad you posted this, I've been waiting for him to spawn. I see he is up now. :) I also use Anizok's Bait Dispenser. No time limit on it.

Last edited:
Glad you posted this, I've been waiting for him to spawn. I see he is up now. :) I also use Anizok's Bait Dispenser. No time limit on it.
Yeah but I like clickies. The best is the Endless Worms, but you can't get it anymore. It was from marketplace years ago, summons 10 worms in under a second, doesn't even disrupt the flow while fishing. Recastable every minute, so can easily make a big stack. But, I only have that on my main and wanted something that didn't require a top inventory slot to combine in no matter how temporary. Plus, you'd have to have fish or bait to start with in addition to the dispenser.

Strategy - Baby/alt fishing kits, pregatherable

Users who are viewing this thread

Back