• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
Resource icon

Lua - autotoon (1 Viewer) 0.091

Very nice @pezak ! While it's still early, just to throw out some some high level design chatter, have you considered breaking separate functionality into their own Lua files? ie functions related to each section of what a KISS ini is might be it's own separate Lua file.

Also in regards to the config settings, take a look at how aquitone defines the default settings table in https://www.redguides.com/community/resources/lootnscoot-for-emu.2675/ , that might be helpful example in organizing the settings you will export / import with ini files (or whatever storage format you end up using).

It'd be really nice to have some backwards compatability with kiss/mule ini files since they are so prevalent. (rather than loading those inis directly, it could also be an option to have a separate conversion script from ini -> your desired format) However from a design perspective, there might also be something else that might be easier to work with in Lua (ie json, or also just keeping the configs in Lua). Would be good to reach out to some of the Lua devs here on redguides or the MQ discord (https://discord.gg/77C4Ke6HKg) to see what recommendations they might have.

Awesome to see the start of this project! Having toon automation all in Lua seems like it could offer a lot more flexibility and just overall work nicer than the previous macros

Playing around with this on a rog, was fun to see her pull and kill some low level mobs while I tested. I had a major issue trying to minimize, using the little arrow on the left of the window. It crashes ImGui.
I get this:1686419955757.png and upon trying to
INI:
/mqoverlay ressume
I do not get it fixed.
To fix it I have to clear, which resets all ImGui windows (super annoying) :1686420181828.png
Autotoon uses a small window, so maybe leaving it open is not bad, but the little minimize arrow doesn't seem to work for me. I loved the map popup button btw. I know its a 'minor' thing, but for some reason it made me smile. Looking forward to the development of this.

Playing around with this on a rog, was fun to see her pull and kill some low level mobs while I tested. I had a major issue trying to minimize, using the little arrow on the left of the window. It crashes ImGui.
I get this:View attachment 49070 and upon trying to
INI:
/mqoverlay ressume
I do not get it fixed.
To fix it I have to clear, which resets all ImGui windows (super annoying) :View attachment 49071
Autotoon uses a small window, so maybe leaving it open is not bad, but the little minimize arrow doesn't seem to work for me. I loved the map popup button btw. I know its a 'minor' thing, but for some reason it made me smile. Looking forward to the development of this.
nice that someone is trying it out hehe. removed the minimize button for now, thanks for noticing :)

Is there a looting thing going on within this? I wanted to use OnlyLoot, which turns Lootly off, so I can kill lowbie mobs while I test out AutoToon and not fill my bags up. I saw the message that OnlyLoot puts about Lootly is off, but yet I'm still looting items while this Lua runs. Just a heads up.

Edit: Once the looting issue happens (maybe because my bags get full), the Lua will not fight mobs anymore, I have to restart it.

Last edited:
Is there a looting thing going on within this? I wanted to use OnlyLoot, which turns Lootly off, so I can kill lowbie mobs while I test out AutoToon and not fill my bags up. I saw the message that OnlyLoot puts about Lootly is off, but yet I'm still looting items while this Lua runs. Just a heads up.

Edit: Once the looting issue happens (maybe because my bags get full), the Lua will not fight mobs anymore, I have to restart it.
Nothing that i have added should do any looting

Use Mount option does not seem to work, or I cannot make it do anything. Tried the mount in a bag in Inventory, in the ammo slot and in KeyRing. I updated, ty for the minimize arrow gone. My own fault to keep defaulting to wanna shrink the window, even after I figured out it was not working..and I STILL did it..:shrug:

Hey Pez, so I tested something, some loot function is still happening, OnlyLoot does work (to NOT loot anything) and is leaving a msg in the MQ window about it, also it works as intended with AutoToon not running. Not sure if its an AutloToon thing or not, but something is making it still loot, even though Lootly is supposed to be turned off.
Anyways also, my bags being full was NOT the cause of AutoToon stopping its killing. It just randomly stops, even with nearby mobs in pull and LoS, and even while in mid fight.
I want to confirm I am using this correctly, I am not supposed to run KA, Chat plugins, LeRogue, etc in combination with this, this is a standalone Combat Automation correct?

Hey Pez, so I tested something, some loot function is still happening, OnlyLoot does work (to NOT loot anything) and is leaving a msg in the MQ window about it, also it works as intended with AutoToon not running. Not sure if its an AutloToon thing or not, but something is making it still loot, even though Lootly is supposed to be turned off.
Anyways also, my bags being full was NOT the cause of AutoToon stopping its killing. It just randomly stops, even with nearby mobs in pull and LoS, and even while in mid fight.
I want to confirm I am using this correctly, I am not supposed to run KA, Chat plugins, LeRogue, etc in combination with this, this is a standalone Combat Automation correct?
yes it uses mq2melee but otherwise its doing its own thing

Lua - autotoon

Users who are viewing this thread

Back