• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Automatically accept missions? (1 Viewer)

Banshee21

RedCents
33¢
Does MQ2 help with automatically accepting missions that the driver does? Trying to figure out how to start the tutorial missions without tabbing through every character

Solution
Yes > mq2autoaccept < can be configured to automatically accept things like task adds and missions

Here is a little vid i did on mq2autoaccept, mq2autogroup, and mq2yes (mq2yes is now just an alias and no longer a plugin)
so i have gone through the video and it doesnt mention missions specifically but i get the idea. Ive been in game and got things set up for autoaccept based on your video already but what my problem is coming from is the task in the tutorial called "Freedom's Stand" is not shareable across my group so they dont get a prompt asking anything or have any shared task access. Just curious if this comes later or if im just not understanding the problem. Right now the only way to get the task that i can see is walking up and hailing the guard that holds the quest which gives a list of other quests with the one i want to run

so i have gone through the video and it doesnt mention missions specifically but i get the idea. Ive been in game and got things set up for autoaccept based on your video already but what my problem is coming from is the task in the tutorial called "Freedom's Stand" is not shareable across my group so they dont get a prompt asking anything or have any shared task access. Just curious if this comes later or if im just not understanding the problem. Right now the only way to get the task that i can see is walking up and hailing the guard that holds the quest which gives a list of other quests with the one i want to run
the tagline is "MQ2AutoAccept This plugin will allow you to create a list of trusted character names that will allow your character to automatically accept Party invites, Raid invites, Trades, Taskadds, Expeditions (dzadds}. Plus auto accept trasolocate and primary/secondary real estate anchor ports."

so when you get a group mission - or a task from someone "adding" you - and you get a prompt "would you like to accept this task" - you will automatically accept it.

for other windows that aren't those things you can use the /yes alias --- like /dgae /yes or /bcga //yes to accept or /no to deny from whatever message box you have

so if this is something you need to have everyone get the mission by doing quest dialog you can use the "mimic-me" functionality of mq2groupinfo and have everyone copy your target and hailing and dialog (you'd want to pause any automation during that time)

Fantastic. Mimic me is what i wasnt doing. That worked perfectly
it takes a little figuring out - this is how i use mimic-me

i pause my automation on everyon /bcaa //mqp on (i use cwtn plugins so it is /cwtna pause on)
then i click mimic-me on my driver - i target myself with f1 - then i target the npc (this is to make sure they swap targets properly) ---- everyone should have swapped with me, then i /say ready or whatever

zoning will uncheck mimic-me

make sure you don't accidentally have mimicme turned on multiple toons - because things will go crazy

Hey Sic,

Quick question. As you had mentioned prior, I have been using a combination of mimic me and /dgae /yes to accept missions. My question is regarding turn ins after completing the mission. If I may, please let me give an example. I went to the the Farm in DSH tonight and was able to get the three farm kill quests from the gnomie on the hill using mimic me and group /yes. My question is with respect to the completion turn in. The reward is a choice of experience, faction, or gears. By default Experience is highlighted but here is the catch. The button to accept the reward says Selection not Accept. When I tried to use a group /yes, nothing happened. Any thoughts or ideas?

Appreciate the help.

Be well. Happy gaming.

Hey Sic,

Quick question. As you had mentioned prior, I have been using a combination of mimic me and /dgae /yes to accept missions. My question is regarding turn ins after completing the mission. If I may, please let me give an example. I went to the the Farm in DSH tonight and was able to get the three farm kill quests from the gnomie on the hill using mimic me and group /yes. My question is with respect to the completion turn in. The reward is a choice of experience, faction, or gears. By default Experience is highlighted but here is the catch. The button to accept the reward says Selection not Accept. When I tried to use a group /yes, nothing happened. Any thoughts or ideas?

Appreciate the help.

Be well. Happy gaming.
Use mq2autoaccept to autoaccept things like missions/tasks

Yes is to click yes and yes/no windows, it doesn't click anything else.

I'm not sure if mq2rewards would help you there, I'm not familiar with that specific window/pop-up. You could also use the mq window inspector and then make an elaborate hotkey

Last edited:
Use mq2autoaccept to autoaccept things like missions/tasks

Yes is to click yes and yes/no windows, it doesn't click anything else.

I'm not sure if mq2rewards would help you there, I'm not familiar with that specific window/pop-up. You could also use the mq window inspector and then make an elaborate hotkey

Thanks for the suggestions. Gives me some areas to research. I never new about mq2rewards. I knew mq2autoaccept worked when you received invites or trades but will look deeper regarding mission rewards. Will look into both later today when I have some time.

Thanks again.

Be well. Happy gaming.

Quick update.

First off, thank you Sic for suggesting MQ2Rewards,

At least in Dragonscale Hills with the quests from Sigil (Farm kill quests), I have had success using the following combinations:

1) To obtain the quest I use mimic me to Hail and progress through the dialogue. When it is time to accept the quest I use /dgae /yes to have everyone accept.

2) When it is time to turn in the mission, again I use mimic me to hail and then /dgae /rewards claim to have the entire group accept the reward. By default the top choice in the reward options list is Experience so I just use claim. I have not tried selecting another choice on the list. Perhaps /dgae /rewards option "Faction" to choose the Faction reward followed by /dgae /rewards claim could work but right now I have not tested it.

Be well. Happy gaming.

Question - Automatically accept missions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back