• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - automated snaring (1 Viewer)

RedCents
100¢
I've been using MQ for two years now, but to be honest, I only have a very very basic understanding of it, and only use a couple of options. Foraging for my ranger, and the fact that the map now shows the mob locations, along with their con. I have a set of 16 utility toons, mostly clerics and shamans, who exist to imbue gems dedicated to the different gods, for tradeskilling. I recently embarked on a tedious project of upgrading them from level 29 to level 35, so they can wear ornate defiant armor. I only recently discovered there are merchants that sell the defiant rings and earrings, and while level 29 toons can wear ornate, the merchants refuse to even show the ornate gear unless the toon is at least 35.

Anyway, my usual setup is to have a level 73 druid following the toon, giving skin like nature, sows, DS's, and the occasional emergency heal. They are not grouped together. When I fight a runner, I alt tab to the druid, acquire target and snare, then switch back.

My question is, is there a way, and can I, automate the process of snaring, such that I don't have to switch to the druid, and just stay on the main toon? I don't need to automate the other things he does.

I've been using MQ for two years now, but to be honest, I only have a very very basic understanding of it, and only use a couple of options. Foraging for my ranger, and the fact that the map now shows the mob locations, along with their con. I have a set of 16 utility toons, mostly clerics and shamans, who exist to imbue gems dedicated to the different gods, for tradeskilling. I recently embarked on a tedious project of upgrading them from level 29 to level 35, so they can wear ornate defiant armor. I only recently discovered there are merchants that sell the defiant rings and earrings, and while level 29 toons can wear ornate, the merchants refuse to even show the ornate gear unless the toon is at least 35.

Anyway, my usual setup is to have a level 73 druid following the toon, giving skin like nature, sows, DS's, and the occasional emergency heal. They are not grouped together. When I fight a runner, I alt tab to the druid, acquire target and snare, then switch back.

My question is, is there a way, and can I, automate the process of snaring, such that I don't have to switch to the druid, and just stay on the main toon? I don't need to automate the other things he does.

If your snare is loaded in the same slot every time you could set up a hot key along the lines of /dex <Druid Name /cast #

KissAssist could also do it for you but you said you did not want to automate him. KissAssist would let you automatically snare and heal, as well as throw a DoT or two. Your call.

Be ll. Happy gaming.

Question - automated snaring

Users who are viewing this thread

Back